Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Media Blog: Boomer Esiason calls out Troy Aikman: Ex-Cardinals QB claims Ex-Co

Cowboy8467

http://sportsmediablog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/boomer-esiason-calls-out-troy-1.html

Broadcasters belong to a Gentlemen's Club. You never hear one get catty about another's work. Well, make that almost never. CBS' Boomer Esiason thinks he heard Fox's Troy Aikman waving Cowboys pom pons during Sunday's Dallas-Arizona game.

I'll just point out that Esiason once played for the Arizona Cardinals.

Here's what Esiason said on a Boston radio station:

"It was the first time I heard a legitimate bias from one Troy Aikman towards the Dallas Cowboys. You would have thought that the Arizona Cardinals weren't even in the building. I mean I was taken aback by some of the things Troy was saying and I like Troy. I really do. He is a very bright broadcaster but the bias that was coming from him yesterday was actually stunning listening to it and I'm a guy who doesn't really have a bias one way or another. I don't think anyway. And I can listen to announcers do their games and not be upset by it...I couldn't believe some of the things he was saying yesterday. And I'm still wondering why he thinks Tony Romo sits to pee is great in end-game situations. I don't really know that we have seen that especially in a big spot at all in his career yet."

I have a message into Aikman, hoping to get a response. I remember just last week, Aikman was a guest on Esiason's New York radio show and they debated which quarterback they'd rather have. Esiason picked Eli Manning. Aikman picked Romo sits to pee. I may be wrong, but I don't remember Aikman singing Romo sits to pee end-game praises on Fox.

For those who would rather hear it from Esiason's mouth. It's here thanks to the wonderful Awful Announcing website

So I saw this posted somewhere and I just wanted to see what some of the skins fans think. Personally I think that Troy is very unbiased in his announcing, and I've seen a number of fans here say that he is one of the best analysts out there right now.

Did the Cardinals-Cowboys game seem biased to you?

http://sportsmediablog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/boomer-esiason-calls-out-troy-1.html

So I saw this posted somewhere and I just wanted to see what some of the skins fans think. Personally I think that Troy is very unbiased in his announcing, and I've seen a number of fans here say that he is one of the best analysts out there right now.

to answer your original question, usually the only time i hear aikman is when he is calling a skins game. he is usually very neutral and a good analyst IMO. i did not see the game in question though.

Aikman >>>>>> Esiason , at least as an announcer. Esiason is not very good, IMO. And from what I saw of the Cowboys/Cards game, it was not biased. The consensus better team normally gets the majority of the commentary, that's just the way things go. I mean, if you listened to the Skins/Rams game, the announcers were ****slapping the Rams the entire game with the whole "Why don't the Redskins just go for the throat and end the game in the 1st quarter" talk. It's just the way that stuff works.

Aikman is in the tank for the pukes. I do understand why puke fans couldn't understand that, though.

Every puke game he does starts with 'the opponent is over matched with the pukes.' The 'legend' of Romo sits to pee is another constant.

Buck is just as bad.

I always liked Aikman in the booth. The Cowboys should get called more on the potential vs. reality. You had in Arizona vs. Dallas the most dramatic comparison between franchises one could ask for. Branding that is emblazoned in everyones minds.

America's Cowboys

Hapless Cardinals

personally I think a better branding for each team might be

Dallas = Drama Queens

Arizona= America's orphans

Aikman is a very good announcer but his bias still lies with Dallas. The only difference is that he isn't as obivious as Emmit Smith or other former Cowboy players. Aikman has always given the benefit of the doubt to the Cowboys because they have won a lot but he has also criticized them for a lot of there bad play.

I like Aikman generally (as an announcer), but his bias shows sometimes. I commented on it in a thread right after the Cards game. Boomer was right.

bingo

he talks as the pokes are always the better team even when getting pounded, and when they tied the Cards you could hear the excitement, and "the poke fan" in his voice.

plus he tends to make excuses for the pokes when they fail.

I think Aikman is fantastic as an announcer.....Bias towards Dallas? I didn't really notice it....Does he say a lot of nice things about their team? Yes. Do I see a problem with that? No. We don't like it but this was a 13-3 team last year and very well might be the most talented team in the NFL.

Aikman doesn't bother me. Buck is a certified Dallas jock-sniffer.

Who can forget the ridiculous "the legend of Tony Romo sits to pee continues to grow" comments last year. Buck is just a total Dallas suck up at times. Aikman isn't bad, although I didn't listen to him against the Cards. Who knows, maybe he did slant his calls a little. I just know Aikman is pretty balanced during Redskins games.

Boomer is right about Aikman. He is a real homer and he makes me sick to my stomach. He thinks he is "Joe Cool". Joe Buck does not bother me but Aikman rarely says anything positive about the Skins- even when we beat the Cowboys!! He knows the Cowboys will not do well this season but he won't ever say that on television.

Boomer is right about Aikman. He is a real homer and he makes me sick to my stomach. He thinks he is "Joe Cool". Joe Buck does not bother me but Aikman rarely says anything positive about the Skins- even when we beat the Cowboys!! He knows the Cowboys will not do well this season but he won't ever say that on television.

Dude are you serious? Aikman has a lot of good things to say about the Redskins, and Portis especially. I guess I don't really see the bias, and it seems like most skins fans don't either for the most part.

I think Aikman is one of the best announcers FOX has to offer. I watched the game and I didn't really notice it.

I think some people just can't accept the fact that he played for the Cowboys. It happens. He didn't have a choice in the matter. Buck is a ***** though. He's got mad hate for anything that doesn't bleed blue and silver. I think he hates Philadelphia, too. During the Phillies playoff games he was blowing Manny like you wouldn't believe. **** Manny and **** Joe Buck.

Archived