Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox Sports: College's 10 Best and 10 Worst Mascots

renaissance

Sorry. Uga's a good mascot. Deserves Top 10. But not #1. I'd say Ralphie and Bevo fight it out for #1 and #2, and I'm an OU fan. There's just something about really big, live, mascots, that says "football".

And any "guy in a foam rubber suit" can't possibly be in a Top 10. Osceola and the Trojan are actors, but things like ****ey (or my local Albert E. Gator) don't deserve to be even in the Top 10.

Sorry. Uga's a good mascot. Deserves Top 10. But not #1. I'd say Ralphie and Bevo fight it out for #1 and #2, and I'm an OU fan. There's just something about really big, live, mascots, that says "football".

And any "guy in a foam rubber suit" can't possibly be in a Top 10. Osceola and the Trojan are actors, but things like ****ey (or my local Albert E. Gator) don't deserve to be even in the Top 10.

I agree. The UGA #1 pick really ruined that list for me. Plus, extra points should be awarded for the mascot having something to do with the state or region. I like the covered wagon Sooner Schooner because of its history in Oklahoma. Air Force has an eagle, which makes sense. WVU Mountaineer makes sense. WTF does a bulldog have to do with Georgia.

Plus, they should lose a ton of points for also having Hairy Dawg. Seriously.

400px-Georgia_Hairy_Dawg.jpg

If they listed them in order of what mascot would win in a fight, LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE, it would have been a much better list.

I remember, long ago, being told that the Dolphins used to have a dolphin pool behind one end zone, so that after field goals the dolphin would fetch the ball and toss it back.

Yeah he was called Snowflake. I believe he retired after the Ray Finkle/Lois Einhorn fiasco.

Archived