Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"You couldn't tell me we can't beat the Redskins"

TheDiplomat

We just lost to the Rams. They just beat the Giants.

You couldn't tell ME that they can't beat us.

This was his quote from last year. When you dog teams that actually "made" the playoffs and you didn't, ur an ass ols. Now this year, we're 4-2, they are 2-3. I believe in Any Given Sunday, but don't tell me that we aren't the better team.

This was his quote from last year. When you dog teams that actually "made" the playoffs and you didn't, ur an ass ols. Now this year, we're 4-2, they are 2-3. I believe in Any Given Sunday, but don't tell me that we aren't the better team.

They did have a better record last year...

They made the playoffs with a 10-6 record. We made it with 9-7.

The team with more points at about 7:30 on Sunday will be the best team.

The quote doesn't say that they WILL beat us; it says that they CAN. Disagreeing with that is just naive.

Hypothetical:

Suppose someone on the Redskins says something inflammatory about the Browns, whereby someone on the Browns determines it's worth hanging up for their players to see.

If someone hands that quote to Braylon Edwards to post on their bulletin board, does he drop the thumbtacks or the actual quote itself?

The quote doesn't say that they WILL beat us; it says that they CAN. Disagreeing with that is just naive.

You're formulating an imaginary argument. I never said they couldn't beat us. I even said "Any given Sunday", as we can look at last Sunday, that's true and we still are better than the Rams.

And they didn't go to the playoffs last year. We did. I just thought his quote was funny last year b/c he was crying about not being able to go to the playoffs and who they thought they could beat if they were there, but they weren't.

They actually DIDN'T make the playoffs with a 10-6 record. And they're in the AFC.

What's wrong with him saying that?

If Braylon is on my team, I want him to believe they can win any game.

I'd be pissed if Portis said before the Rams game, "You couldn't tell me we can't beat the Rams" :doh: It's one thing to say that, and another to say, we can play with anyone in the league or something of that nature.

Anyone can tell you anything they want. You can't stop a person from telling you anything.

(Edit: And I don't say that first part just to be silly or make a hollow point. If put to the task, an argument against anything could be formed including one that makes Braylon's only defense as "no, I just don't believe it")

Anyway the only thing that irks me is his attitude. He seems not to know his place. He takes the team so lightly like he could have beaten the Redskins 100 out of 100 times when their 10-6 record was because of their light schedule. The Redskins went through hell last season and still finished only one game worse. People always have an inflated perception of how up in the hierarchy they are when in truth any team can beat any team in this league.

I'd be pissed if Portis said before the Rams game, "You couldn't tell me we can't beat the Rams" :doh: It's one thing to say that, and another to say, we can play with anyone in the league or something of that nature.

Oh, I wouldn't be too upset. I see a difference between saying "We CAN beat XXX" and saying "We WILL beat XXX".

:2cents:

You're formulating an imaginary argument. I never said they couldn't beat us. I even said "Any given Sunday", as we can look at last Sunday, that's true and we still are better than the Rams.

And they didn't go to the playoffs last year. We did. I just thought his quote was funny last year b/c he was crying about not being able to go to the playoffs and who they thought they could beat if they were there, but they weren't.

Two fouls on my part.

I misread your statement (I'm pretending to pay attention in class) and they didn't make the playoffs.

However, there isn't a team in the NFL that can't beat any other team in the NFL, ever.

His statement is not inaccurate.

no, actually they didnt make the playoffs. it came down to the last game. i believe if the titans lost, the browns were in. the titans won, so the titans got the playoff spot and the browns watched from home...

Fact is if LaRon can come to play this week and lay Braylon out it would be a non issue. However this is what I am worried about, LaRon seems to be struggling this year or maybe him being ****ed by Brandon Jacobs in the first week has him scared to lay the wood again......Someone needs to hit Edwards hard 1 time and that will take him out the game. The Browns played lights out or either the Giant's finally played how they really are, either way by 7:30PM Sunday this site is going to be very nice, or we will be pissing vinegar because we lost.

This Braylon "Hands of Stone" Edwards nickname is ridiculous. Dude's got some of the best hands in the league. Any WR can go through a stretch where they just can't hold onto the ball. So cut out the stupid nickname.

Braylon Edwards has more drops statlistically that ANY OTHER WR IN THE LEAGUE since his first day as a rookie. So cut out the smarmy posts based on your perspective without checking any facts.

We are talking about the Browns here....Sure, we lost against the Rams because we beat outselves with 3 fumbles in Rams territory, but the way we have been playing this season has been top notch, and we will not stop now. Just because the Browns beat "one" good team doesn't mean they are better than us. Sure, we can lose to them, but I only see that happening if we beat ourselves again which I doubt will happen. They defeated the undefeated Giants, which is impressive, but we have defeated Arizona, New Orleans, Dallas, and Eagles in a row, which were all considered playoff teams this year and probably 3 out of 4 (NO,Dallas,Ariz) still are. If the Redskins continue their domination then the Browns obviously will not have a chance. The only problem is our secondary is banged up, so the Browns will most likely get atleast 2 TDs and a couple field goals from us because of it.

Braylon Edwards has more drops statlistically that ANY OTHER WR IN THE LEAGUE since his first day as a rookie. So cut out the smarmy posts based on your perspective without checking any facts.

Hmm. And what WR has the record for most drops in a season since the stat started being recorded?

T.O. I guess he sucks too.

Hmm. And what WR has the record for most drops in a season since the stat started being recorded?

T.O. I guess he sucks too.

Hey bro, I don't even care. My point is just don't write a post which has the sole purpose of only throwing hate on others here for nicknaming someone off their stats.

Archived