Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Danny Smith has got to go,(Mega Merge).

occidio

haha.. really.. go look at the stats. Other than KICKOFF returns, we have been bottom 5 the past 4 out of 5 seasons.

Stats dont lie. I watch the games, we have been inconsistent in special teams. Period.

If there was another thread about this a week ago, my apologies.. did search nothing came up.

haha.. really.. go look at the stats. Other than KICKOFF returns, we have been bottom 5 the past 4 out of 5 seasons.

Stats dont lie. I watch the games, we have been inconsistent in special teams. Period.

We've had some of the top coverage units in the entire league with Danny. Before Danny, our special teams were a serious liability year in and year out.

With the departure of Gibbs and Williams our teams will obviously take a bit of a hit. Both really emphasized teams, and Williams especially wouldn't hesitate to put defensive starters in coverage. His philosophy was that 4th down was the first defensive play of the series.

Not sure if Blache is similar in that regard, will have to pay more attention.

Returns aren't the only statistic you know.

We've had some of the top coverage units in the entire league with Danny. Before Danny, our special teams were a serious liability year in and year out.

With the departure of Gibbs and Williams our teams will obviously take a bit of a hit. Both really emphasized teams, and Williams especially wouldn't hesitate to put defensive starters in coverage. His philosophy was that 4th down was the first defensive play of the series.

Not sure if Blache is similar in that regard, will have to pay more attention.

Returns aren't the only statistic you know.

Carlos Rogers got a penalty on ST last week. Considering how thin we are at CB, you'd think he'd keep Rogers back in fear of a fluke injury.

Our kickoff game has been pretty good. I credit Rock and Swishy with that mostly. And just plain good hustle by the coverage teams. But our punting game has been substandard for years. The only effort made by the team to improve the punting game actually flushed it into the sewer. We still don't have a decent return guy. AND DANNY SMITH STILL HASN'T FIGURED OUT HOW TO ESTABLISH A PUNT RETURN BLOCKING SCHEME.

I wish I had game film on the punt returns, because I never see any of our guys in the TV shots within 10 yards of ARE catching a punt. Where the hell are they? I know we usually send a half dozen guys after the kicker, but never get a block. At the snap, we have 10 other guys closer to ARE than any opponent, but they vanish. WHERE DID YOU SEND THEM DANNY?

thats got to be a joke of a question. Danny is a very good special teams coach. I have no problems with him. Overall, our coverage has been good (especially on kickoffs), can't blame him for missed fgs and the whole punter fiasco this year was Brooks dumbness/inability to punt.

Archived