Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP (JLC) - Zorn: Secondary Injuries Are a Concern

Saqs

Looks like all our boys are banged up. Not good.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/10/jim_zorn_injury_update.html#more

Jim Zorn said the Redskins are worried about the secondary ahead of Sunday's game, with corner Shawn Springs tweaking his calf muscle late in practice today. Springs will be re-evaluated Friday, while corner Fred Smoot (groin) is "doubtful" to play. Top corner Carlos Rogers (calf) was limited in practice again, but he will play, Zorn said.

I wish Zorn would have called me predraft. I could have told him about this and maybe we could have built a little more depth. 75% of this board knew this would happen. It happens every year with Smoot & Springs.

Rogers will play, Horton will play, Landry will play, Moore will play.

Green might play. Springs is uncertain. Smoot is out.

The worst case scenario is Springs is out as well, leaving us with Torrence as the #2 CB. While that isn't the ideal situation, Cleveland lives off the deep stuff, and we normally take that away. Hopefully Torrence can respond well from that long pass he gave up to Avery. I am skeptical of Torrence though, but hopefully he steps up this game. If Springs is out we might bring in Tryon to match the speed of Stallworth. Admittedly I will feel much better about this game if Springs is in.

I wish Zorn would have called me predraft. I could have told him about this and maybe we could have built a little more depth. 75% of this board knew this would happen. It happens every year with Smoot & Springs.

Yeah....Idiot Zorn....Why didnt he call some random poster from extremeskins and ask him his advise on the draft?? Some coaches I tell ya. :doh:

Archived