Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Cowboys turn a blind eye toward trouble

E-Dog Night

Obama/Palin or McCain/Binden  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Obama/Palin or McCain/Binden

• Obama/Palin - hey - some fresh, totally clueless blood in Washington
    • McCain/Biden - Old and tired, but at least neither of them is a secret extremist
    • Ron Paul/Cynthia McKinney - anyone else for God's sake
    • I feel sick

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=pearlman/081016

Not that we needed another Cowboys thread in this forum - at the risk of seeming obsessed - but I think this serves as a clear example of the vile nature which is the earmark of the Dallas Cowboys. It also serves as a reminder that Micheal Irvin once stabbed a teammate in the neck because he wouldn't get out of a barber's chair.

--------------

Cowboys turn a blind eye toward trouble

By Jeff Pearlman

Updated: October 16, 2008, 11:33 AM ET

This all smells familiar, doesn't it?

The cover-up. The faux dismay. The shock -- shock! -- that something like this could happen to America's Team. Even the lame measured quotations; phrasings akin to, "We still believe in blah blah blah" and "This doesn't diminish what the Dallas Cowboys blah blah blah."

As John McCain might say, "My friends, we have heard this all before."

Indeed, we have.

For those three of you who still can't believe the way the Dallas Cowboys have mangled the latest Pacman Jones fiasco -- first, in the team's effort to pretend nothing happened, then by failing to immediately release a player who was down to his last strike five innings ago -- consider the wise words of one George Santayana, who famously stated "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Enter Jerrel Wayne Jones.

It was 10 years ago that the Cowboys owner found himself in a similarly awkward predicament. During a training-camp melee within the team's facility at Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, Texas, wide receiver Michael Irvin stabbed a teammate in the neck with a pair of scissors. The victim, an offensive lineman named Everett McIver, had refused Irvin's demand to rise from the barber's chair during a haircut. Following an exchange of shoves and punches, McIver found himself grasping his neck, blood shooting from a two-inch gash. "The whole scene was crazy," said Cowboys cornerback Kevin Smith. "I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I mean, we were on the same team."

Click the link above for full article.

Archived