Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star-Telegram: Cowboys are crazy if they let Romo play against Rams

tr1

By JENNIFER FLOYD ENGEL

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/978021.html

IRVING — Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo sits to pee said he’s willing to play, broken pinkie and all, Sunday in St. Louis.

And if the Cowboys let him, they are drunk or stupid or both, which is highly possible considering how that in-house Pacman "investigation" was handled.:rotflmao:

Talk of Romo sits to pee playing registers far greater on any stupid scale. Coaches even admit he risks "further injury," thus making this a no-brainer. Find a way to beat a dog-butted 1-4 Rams team without him and focus on what really threatens this team.

Starting with a wide receiver many believe is about to blow.

Of course, T.O. has a theory about all of those people who are counting down to his selfish implosion now that The Good Roy Williams has arrived.

"They’re idiots," he said.

Excuse T.O. if he seems a little cranky. He has been touchy lately, hurt by what he feels have been unfair attempts to paint him as a selfish whiner since the Washington loss. And he may have a point. His actions, so far, as a Cowboy, under Coach Wade, have earned him the benefit of the doubt that he’s at least partially reformed.

Many doubt him anyway.

And trading for Good Roy certainly provides a litmus test for both sides of this argument. How does he handle having another bona fide No. 1 receiver playing opposite him? A guy who is younger? Who makes more money? Who is his replacement? And who could get more catches week after week after week?

T.O. said all the right things Wednesday, for those of you wondering. Including dismissing talk that he might be distracted by Roy’s shiny, new, gigantic contract.

"What about it? I can’t be concerned about somebody else’s contract," he said. "I mean I have a contract in place. Why should I be worried about something else?":rotflmao:

Of course, the proof comes when Good Roy has 10 catches and he has two. Does T.O. pout or relish his role as a decoy? Stay tuned.

Until then, definitely pay attention to what FOTOs are saying. That would be Friends of T.O., former players like Deion Sanders. Back in Philly, word is Eagles coaches and a certain QB used to monitor his and Michael Irvin’s comments to get a read on what T.O. was really thinking.

If that theory has merit, and who knows, Donovan McNabb certainly had a lot of paranoid in him before that mess had played out in Philly, watch out.

Because Deion ripped this deal to shreds on The NFL Network, basically saying the Cowboys gave up too much for a No. 2 receiver with what "his homework" revealed to be a lazy problem.

"Now is he ready to play second fiddle? Because T.O. is the man in Dallas," Deion said. "Is he ready to do that?"

Deion’s inflammatory remarks didn’t stop there. He also suggested Jason Garrett, who remains The Redheaded Genius in this space, and Romo sits to pee had secretly engineered this trade by whining to Owner Jones. And rather than smacking them down with a few hard truths, so sayeth Deion, Owner Jones appeased them.

"I feel like Jason Garrett may have gone to Jerry Jones [and said] you know what? We need another receiver. Tony Romo sits to pee: You know what? We need another receiver," Deion said.

"Instead of trying to understand, well, Jason, they might have caught up to your offense from last year. Tony, get rid of the ball every once in a while. Let’s tell the truth to these guys. Let’s quit pacifying them."

Does he really believe Owner Jones is that big of a fool? Or was he simply repeating what he had been told?

I do not know if T.O. whispered this to Deion. I’d like to hope not. And I certainly hope Deion is not in T.O.’s ear because that’s the last thing this team needs.

And wasn’t Deion supposed to be babysitting Pacman in Prosper anyway? Talk about fail.

He has as much butt-covering to do on this Pacman debacle as Owner Jones since he vouched for him, mentored him and remains a defender even after "jiving" at The Joule on a school night led to his latest "indefinite" suspension.

Speaking of, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell warned Owner Jones against just such backtracking by this Pro Bowl-caliber screwup way back when. And Rog apparently was not shy in adding a "don’t whine to me about this. I told you so" in recent talks.

Not that this matters too much now. Pacman’s days as a Cowboy appear numbered with Coach Wade basically excommunicating him Wednesday. My only wish is he’d harshly rebuke Brett Favre as well.

As in: MYOB, old man.

Favre is one of the people trying to talk Romo sits to pee into playing with a broken pinkie. And Romo sits to pee, being Romo sits to pee, tried, throwing Wednesday morning and telling coaches he’d be willing to play.

Favre needs to listen to QBs coach Wade Wilson. So does Romo sits to pee.

"There’s still some pain involved," Wilson said. "And how much vibration it can take either from the snap or getting it hit again and doing further damage would be the main concern."

Repeat after him: Further damage.

In other words, so not worth it.

What the Cowboys need to do is find a way to ugly up some wins while Romo sits to pee is healing and this starts with T.O. He is the guy who can make this trade for Good Roy work by being the team player the "idiots" says he isn’t.

And by playing like the man his friends claim he is.

"Instead of trying to understand, well, Jason, they might have caught up to your offense from last year. Tony, get rid of the ball every once in a while. Let’s tell the truth to these guys. Let’s quit pacifying them."

Does he really believe Owner Jones is that big of a fool? Or was he simply repeating what he had been told?

I do not know if T.O. whispered this to Deion. I’d like to hope not. And I certainly hope Deion is not in T.O.’s ear because that’s the last thing this team needs.

And wasn’t Deion supposed to be babysitting Pacman in Prosper anyway? Talk about fail.

This is getting good boys.

I agree......its the Rams for Goodness sakes, they can plug Bolinger in for this game for all I care. Its good to know that Romo sits to pee is ready and will be back way before the 4 weeks we originally thought, but to risk re-injury vs the Rams is not smart at all. I do not want any other QB but Romo sits to pee vs that Tampa D in a week and 3 days, so rest him, beat the winless (almost winless) Rams and move on. :2cents:

Until then, definitely pay attention to what FOTOs are saying. That would be Friends of T.O., former players like Deion Sanders...

Because Deion ripped this deal to shreds on The NFL Network...

Ya' know, I heard Sanders on NFLN and thought it very odd the way he was attacking the trade for Roy Williams. It certainly is fair to question the trade on many levels, but Deion almost sounded repulsed by it, which I found to be a highly strange reaction coming from him. But, it being Deion, I just disregarded it as being meaningless. :)

However, his comments make a lot more sense when judged through this prism. This does not sound good for the Cowboys. :no:

The coaches can't allow him to play no matter how badly he wants to. The Rams are beatable with Brad Johnson at the helm, although they're not as bad as it once looked like they were.

I'd love to have Romo sits to pee play, but it's more important that he heals for the bigger games coming up against the Bucs, Giants, and Skins. He's got to sit this week.

TO won't explode with Roy Williams catching more balls...unless they start LOSING. As long as they're winning, I don't think TO minds getting nothing thrown his way (as evidenced already this season).

As far as Romo sits to pee goes, I hope they let him play and he ends up out for the season for being dumb.

:confused:

We're talking about Terrell Owens, WR for the Dallas Cowboys. Which TO are you talking about?

You must be talking about the wrong guy. He has done nothing wrong this year whatsoever. There's nothing "poisonous" or "distracting" about feeling like you can make plays when the ball is in your hands. He is asked questions, and he answers them honestly. Nothing wrong with that.

You must be talking about the wrong guy. He has done nothing wrong this year whatsoever. There's nothing "poisonous" or "distracting" about feeling like you can make plays when the ball is in your hands. He is asked questions, and he answers them honestly. Nothing wrong with that.

You mean other then saying he's not getting the ball enough despite have 30% of the plays directed at him -- even to the detriment of the team?

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:http://photo.net/photodb/photo%3Fphoto_id%3D1710373

You mean other then saying he's not getting the ball enough despite have 30% of the plays directed at him -- even to the detriment of the team?

He was asked if he thought he should get more touches, what is he going to say no? You want him to say that he thinks he should be thrown to less?

Come on now, he is asked ridiculous questions by members of the media, just so they can get the answers they want.

He was asked if he thought he should get more touches, what is he going to say no? You want him to say that he thinks he should be thrown to less?

Come on now, he is asked ridiculous questions by members of the media, just so they can get the answers they want.

:rolleyes: Yes -- it's all the evil Media's fault...he was baited...yes that's it. Wasn't Santana Moss asked pretty much the same question after the Eagles game? What was his response?

He can answer the question anyway he wants -- such as "I need to make more of the opportunities I'm given..." but no, he CHOOSE, freely, unless the evil media gave him cue cards to read, to make it about TO. He had more then 1/3rd of the plays directed at him. He broke routes off. He played half-hearted, Romo sits to pee tried to force balls to him, and it cost the team.

But I am sure you're going to have a spin for that too...

:rolleyes: Yes -- it's all the evil Media's fault...he was baited...yes that's it. Wasn't Santana Moss asked pretty much the same question after the Eagles game? What was his response?

He can answer the question anyway he wants -- such as "I need to make more of the opportunities I'm given..." but no, he CHOOSE, freely, unless the evil media gave him cue cards to read, to make it about TO. He had more then 1/3rd of the plays directed at him. He broke routes off. He played half-hearted, Romo sits to pee tried to force balls to him, and it cost the team.

But I am sure you're going to have a spin for that too...

Romo sits to pee didn't have to force it to him. HE CHOSE to force it to him.

What people forget is that Owens is the Cowboys biggest playmaker. Other teams are never blamed for wanting to get their playmakers the ball, but when it's TO, it's criticized all day long.

Personally, I think there's something wrong with a receiver who doesn't want the ball on every play. But that's just me...

either way, owens is a ****, have no respect for the guy who gets paid so much and yet acts like he deserves it, while honest people toil their lives away in tough jobs that ACTUALLY help people and yet only make as much in their lifetime as this ******* makes in a one year.

Also, let Romo sits to pee play, defenders are gonna be going after that thing all game long.

Archived