Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Mccain pulls an upset with a close win; will Obama be challenging the results?

88Comrade2000

This is just a what if scenero. Everything points to a landslide Obama victory with 3 weeks to go. If Mccain pulls an upset, it would probably be a very narrow victory. I figure election day will see Obama have a 5 to 10 point lead, depending on which poll you look at.

If Mccain pulls an upset with a narrow win; will Obama challenge the results?

Considering most polls will show Obama with a decent lead on election day, I would say yes. Especially, if election day exit polls show Obama winning.

My guess, is that if the results are close in a particular race; Obama will challenge each state's results. I just don't see Obama accepting the results of a close vote without at least one recount.

If the polls stay as is, I'm sure there would be a lot of puzzled and suspicious folks if Obama loses.

But there's still a couple weeks to go and McCain could narrow the gap. Crazier things have happened. Then again, rumor has it that Colin Powell is going to come out soon and officially endorse Obama. If true, I imagine that will just give Obama even more of a lead.

so confident. obamanites remind me a lot of cowboys fans. they are the paper champs already so they want to be POTUS without even having to have the election.

I would take it a step further - Obama is the Cowboys. The Media adores both of them, gush over him, constantly smiling in their presence and pretty much annointing them the finest thing since Genesis.

so confident. obamanites remind me a lot of cowboys fans. they are the paper champs already so they want to be POTUS without even having to have the election.

Considering that this thread is about the possibility of Obama LOSING the election -- and nobody's arguing that it shouldn't be HELD -- your post makes absolutely no sense at all.

Kind of like McCain's campaign strategy, actually.

Yes, absolutely.... There is no bigger bunch of sore losers than the democrats.

I wouldnt worry about this at all, though. The media has already annointed him the 44th president and Acorn is making sure everyone, fictional, living or dead, will be casting their vote for Obama.

Anyone else find it funny that USS is saying the Dems are sore losers and then proceeds to lay the ground work that the only way Obama wins is by Voter fraud.....

Dude -You can hate the polls all you want. But they are talking to living people who are telling you they are voting for Obama in large numbers. Polls tend to be accurate. Sure sounds like it's you, not the dems, already practicing the sore loser technique....

I wouldn't be suprised to see a "Bradley" effect here, so I think that Obama will get less votes than he is polled to get, but still is the leader with that in mind.

If he loses, he will only challenge if there is a state with-in a few hundred votes, or if there is clear evidence of fraud.

You do know I am voting for Bob Barr. I made up mind about Obama back in the primaries. I can't stand the man.

The only thing left for me in the fall election season was if Mccain could convince me to vote for him. Mccain did convince me, he convinced me not to vote for him.

I am just going by what I read and see.

It will be ugly no matter who wins.

The GOP is already setting the field up for a full fledge legal blitzkrieg about the ACORN stuff and tens of thousands of ALLEGED fraudulent votes.

As in 2000 and in 2004, which ever side does this should be ashamed of themselves. It only hurts the nation as a whole.

Our system is imperfect. It's impossible for it to be 100 percent accurate, and in elections that are within fractions of points, questions of legitimacy will arise. It will be up to the loser to acta appropriately. (IE- John Kerry not Al Gore)

Considering that this thread is about the possibility of Obama LOSING the election -- and nobody's arguing that it shouldn't be HELD -- your post makes absolutely no sense at all.

Kind of like McCain's campaign strategy, actually.

the title of the thread is if mccain pulls an upset, meaning that obama has pretty much already won it.

try not to jump so fast there mjah, we all know you are an avid mccain hater.

Anyone else find it funny that USS is saying the Dems are sore losers and then proceeds to lay the ground work that the only way Obama wins is by Voter fraud.....

Dude -You can hate the polls all you want. But they are talking to living people who are telling you they are voting for Obama in large numbers. Polls tend to be accurate. Sure sounds like it's you, not the dems, already practicing the sore loser technique....

Yes I find that hilarious. People keep complaining about ACORN and "voter fraud." This makes zero sense. What happened with these bad registrations is "registration fraud." Do you know why this happened? It was because ACORN is a stupid organization that paid it's employees based on how many people they registered. So you have some employees wanting to pad their paychecks and filing out false registrations, and these are the ones being looked at. It's stupid to make the claim that people were trying to steal the election, because seriously, is Mickey Mouse going to show up and vote on Election Day? Are the Dallas Cowboys going to all show up to vote in Nevada? Of course not, so what you have is simply false registrations, not anyone trying to rig the election. It is simply absurd to say the "libs" or Obama are trying to steal anything.

I am a sore loser before anyone has lost or won anything?

Again - another democrat without a freaking sense of humor.

Gimme your name and address - I will personally send you a check to buy one, Dude.

Archived