Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I heard Shaun Alexander sucks at pass protection

Backpack3r

I heard this on Washington Post live, that other teams might know if its a pass or run if he is in. They said most likely if he is in he will be getting the ball cause he has a history of horrible pass blocking. This is just what they said, what do yall think?

If you watched him at all, this would be no surprise.

We should just use the guy as a decoy and on gadget plays or something. Alexander isn't Portis, and Zorn is not dumb enough to use the former the way he uses the latter. Some of you were complaining about the lack of long breakaway TDs that CP has had so far this season...this could be an answer of some kind. Alexander isn't an every-down back, but he's another weapon that Zorn knows precisely how to use.

Betts wasn't really great at it either honestly. Just because hes in, doesn't mean he HAS to stay in and block, my :2cents:

Depends on the play that he's in the game and whether or not the Skins shift a protection;).

I always knew this guy was soft. Seattle re-signed the wrong guy, should have paid Hutch all that money instead.

you guys are really missing a big issue right now...

Alexander has this reputation for alot of things, this is what kept him out of the league. I wouldn't doubt that he knows this. This is his chance to shine and change his reputation. He knows this is an audition for him...not for the Redskins, but for the league. He knows he's not replacing Betts at the #2, he is a temp. So for the next 4 weeks, he has the opportunity to prove to the NFL he still has it. So, I would expect him to play harder then he has in a LONG time, because he needs to prove himself. He knows he needs this to ever play again.

Archived