Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you vote for an African American president?

brandymac27

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

My question is, would you vote for an African American running for president? For the purposes of this poll, let's say that your party's candidate was black. Would you vote for him or her, or would you vote another party primarily b/c your candidate is black?

BTW, this is a private poll. I thought I would get more honest answers doing it this way.

Feel free to discuss if you want, but you don't have to let others know how you voted.

Why do you say that?

I wouldn't vote against anybody based on skin color.

I don't know what it's like to be Black therefore I can not identify with a Black candidate. If both candidates were Black I wouldn't vote and I wouldn't care that our President were Black either.

I can not identify with a Black president therefore I would not vote for one.

Assuming, unlike my prior post, you're serious thanks for your honesty. However, I'd really like to know your reasons.

To the OP, I owe you an apology. I just knew nobody would vote no and this would just be a futile exercise. I'd only like to add one suggestion. How about we all commit to NOT criticising anyone who has the honesty and courage to openly admit this view as long as they don't violate any forum rules. Hopefully that will allow this to be a frank and informative discussion.

I wouldn't vote against anybody based on skin color.

I don't know what it's like to be Black therefore I can not identify with a Black candidate. If both candidates were Black I wouldn't vote and I wouldn't care that our President were Black either.

Interesting. What about a female/Asian/Latino etc. candidate?

To the OP, I owe you an apology. I just knew nobody would vote no and this would just be a futile exercise. I'd only like to add one suggestion. How about we all commit to NOT criticising anyone who has the honesty and courage to openly admit this view as long as they don't violate any forum rules. Hopefully that will allow this to be a frank and informative discussion.

I agree. I don't think we should be mean to the people who vote differently from how we voted. You have to give people credit for being honest here-which was exactly what I wanted. There are a total of 3 no votes, and only 1, so far, has been man or woman enough to admit it. Therefore, we should at least respect them having the guts to admit their vote and their honesty.

Archived