Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alexander could be help in more than one way...

IbleedBnG83

Even though Seattle sucks this year, we always have a tough time playing there. Who knows how they will be playing when its our turn to visit them. Witht that said, I'm sure he would be happy to give the Redskins help on what offense he sees on the field by the Seahawks on film and during the game. Of course Zorn coming from there helps, but I'm more inclined to believe Alexander knew more about the offense than Zorn did.

What do you guys think?

Even though Seattle sucks this year, we always have a tough time playing there. Who knows how they will be playing when its our turn to visit them. Witht that said, I'm sure he would be happy to give the Redskins help on what offense he sees on the field by the Seahawks on film and during the game. Of course Zorn coming from there helps, but I'm more inclined to believe Alexander knew more about the offense than Zorn did.

What do you guys think?

Alexander knowing more about the offense than Zorn? I doubt it. He may be able to give little tidbits here and there, but I can't imagine it would be anything major.

What do you guys think?

Agreed. I think he will have plenty to offer.

I just want him to come in here and think he is the best RB.

Zorn installed the passing offense and kept the same running plays from last year. CP leads the NFL in rushing.

What exactly does S. Alexander know more about than Zorn?

Seattle's offense for our Defense. I don't think Zorn was involved in Seattles offense like Alexander would have been...I'm not 100% sure though.

hmm...I'm skeptical. I've lived in Seahawks territory most of my life. I just really don't have much to say about Alexander, except most Seattle fans were glad to see him go. I just hope it works out...but not counting on it.

So we give an old probably one-year retread nobody else wanted a roster spot (Alexander), instead of giving a serviceable backup (Cartwright) some playing time.

Great. :doh:

Explain to me how Rock will return punts, play on every Teams package receiving and coverage, and share the load with Portis all the while staying fresh. I don't see that happening hence the reason you need three Backs that can play in certain situations throughout the game. Betts is a better Back than Alexander but maybe Shaun is ready to prove something and will get back to form. Even if he ends up somewhere in the middle between his Pro Bowl self and last year, he'll help the team IMO.

So we give an old probably one-year retread nobody else wanted a roster spot (Alexander), instead of giving a serviceable backup (Cartwright) some playing time.

Or you could look at it as not wanting to risk your special teams ace and kickoff returner. Where are we if Cartwright were to go down, and precisely what would do if Portis were to get dinged up during the game? Rely on Cartwright to carry the load?

Get real mate.

From what I have read, Zorn was very involved in the offense sometimes designing special plays for the offense.

Thats what I was looking for. Zorn may have been the exception.

I'm not sure how much Bill Lazor or Musgrave was a part of our offense when here. I think they were just more focused on skilled positions and their players as most position coaches are.

Cartwright is he third stringer for a reason. His value is on special teams. If you remember, he tested free agency and got NO OFFERS.

Would you prefer that Rock get injured backing up Portis? Who would return kicks then?

Archived