Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fed-Ex and the Fans

DeeNJeff01

I know I don't post very often here but I had to put my frustrations down on paper.

I was at all 3 Redskins Games (Regular season) this year. I sat in 3 different places because I was lucky enough to have people give me tickets. I wanted to express my disbelief in a few things that drive me crazy.

1. Why can't people hurry up and get back to their seats before the 2nd half kickoff!

2. Why are people who claim to be such fabulous fans leaving before the game is over. I know that the traffic gets bad but hey I live in Fredericksburg VA and that is nearly 75 miles for me to drive, yet I sit in my seat and wait (win or loose) till the clock reads 0:00!

3. Why is it that we don't get as loud as we can from the start of the game. I scream so loud that it takes me 4 days to get my voice back. I mean we were loud in the 4th quarter but hey i say start out that way when our Defense is on the field and never stop *(unless the offense is on the field)

Just a thought and just me venting my frustrations.

I love this team I will continue to yell and scream and root them on. WIN OR LOOSE I am sticking by them.:logo:

If only every fan shared your enthusiasm. My wife and I could barely talk yesterday after Sunday's game. It's depressing seeing people just sit down on 3rd and 13 with 1 minute left. I was standing all of 3rd and 4th quarter.

In response to your number 1 question though...sometimes the line for food and the bathroom really does not permit getting back in time.

I was there on Sunday, and some fans need to get their priorities straight. If you dedicate your Fed Ex Field Sunday experience to waiting in line for subpar food and drinking as many beers as humanly possible, you will spend half of your time watching football and the other half waiting in line/peeing. Can't you binge drink on Saturday and watch your favorite team on Sunday?

I wanted to express my disbelief in a few things that drive me crazy.

1. Why can't people hurry up and get back to their seats before the 2nd half kickoff!

2. Why are people who claim to be such fabulous fans leaving before the game is over. I know that the traffic gets bad but hey I live in Fredericksburg VA and that is nearly 75 miles for me to drive, yet I sit in my seat and wait (win or loose) till the clock reads 0:00!

3. Why is it that we don't get as loud as we can from the start of the game. I scream so loud that it takes me 4 days to get my voice back. I mean we were loud in the 4th quarter but hey i say start out that way when our Defense is on the field and never stop *(unless the offense is on the field)

Just a thought and just me venting my frustrations.

Question One has already been answered here and Question Two has several threads on it. I vented here so feel free to read Post #49.

Question Three ... I have no idea. A lot of it may have to do with the answers to the previous questions.

I am with you, brother ... I get there when the lots open and stay for another 90 minutes to two hours after the game ends. Good food, good drinks and good friends make a 10 hour day at FedEx just fine.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I just think it is crazy! We the members of Redskins Nation need to yell as loud as we can for them! We need to show the NFL that WE are the best fans!

As for the food at Fed-ex it is a bit expensive and I would rather spend my time in my seat watching and doing my part as the 12th Man to help support the Redskins Defense!

Hail to the Redskins Baby! :applause:

I just think it is crazy! We the members of Redskins Nation need to yell as loud as we can for them! We need to show the NFL that WE are the best fans!

As for the food at Fed-ex it is a bit expensive and I would rather spend my time in my seat watching and doing my part as the 12th Man to help support the Redskins Defense!

Hail to the Redskins Baby! :applause:

I was up in 314 couldn't hardly talk Monday. If you tailgate you don't need food or that many beers during the game.But that is just some of us.

HTTR

I was there on Sunday, and some fans need to get their priorities straight. If you dedicate your Fed Ex Field Sunday experience to waiting in line for subpar food and drinking as many beers as humanly possible, you will spend half of your time watching football and the other half waiting in line/peeing. Can't you binge drink on Saturday and watch your favorite team on Sunday?

Football is marketed as a family experience. I've brought my young nephews to the game before. Unfortunately, asking a 4 year old to hold their pee or wait on food typically ends up pretty bad...not to mention, it's just plain cruel :rolleyes:.

I can understand people not necessarily being back in their seats by the end of halftime, because the concourses at FedEx are like mob scenes during halftime. Twelve minutes is hardly time to do anything! I try not to leave my seats at halftime to begin with, so I'm normally there at kickoff.

I totally agree about people being loud. The problem is that while the "true fans" outnumber the wine and cheesers, it seems that it's only the wine and cheesers' complaints that get heard. Everyone has a story about an usher that tells people to sit down and be quiet, or something like that. I guess that a lot of people feel that since they're paying more than others, their opinions about the gameday experience mean more. In our section (226), we stand the entire game, and only sit down at halftime or something like that. And we keep the noise coming for most of the defensive possessions. The 12th man is just that...the 12th man. We're as importantly as any of the other eleven guys on the field on defense, but some fans don't understand that. Occasionally we get a newbie in our section (that was given tickets by the rightful seat owner) who might complain a little or want to sit down and "enjoy the game without being bothered." Our response is generally something to the effect that they should stay home. Once my friend even told someone that if he didn't want to stand that was his problem and he was in the wrong section.

I think a better question are why, after 75-plus years of football, there are many fans who still don't know to be quiet on offense and bring da noise on defense. I also wonder why it's so difficult for people to wait until a stoppage of play before trying to step over people to get to their seats.

The answer to all of your questions:

FedEx is full of a lot of people who get free corporate tickets who couldn't give a rat's ass.

And therein lies one of the major problem's with live pro-sports events.

The mighty $ FAR outweighs the actual FAN in the minds of executives They wouldn't mind if x # of dudes in business suits filled the stadiums so long as the seats were sold. Very few, if any, Owners these days actually care about the guy on the street who lives and dies by his team, in all sports. It's all about the green. Changed times, and in many ways, NOT for the better.

Hail.

As for last weeks Rams game:

Out of the 91k...probably 60k are DIE HARDS (like me who still have hoarse throats).

Then you have 10k who "root" for the Skins but are not diehard by any means & just dont get hyped like the rest of us - maybe their personality is more subdued?

Then you have probably 10k who get free/corporate tix who probably could care less either way and they treat the games like how i treat the Caps/United - meaning they want the Skins to win but it really doesnt matter if they lose.

Then you have probably 10k (like 2 dopes i was with on Sunday) that are so drunk that they cant see straight much less make noise. They end up just sitting there & are worn out from the sun and are smashed to the point where they are about to pass out.

As for all these complainers about folks not getting back to their seats by the beginning of the 3rd quarter...u guys need to tune into just ONE game in another stadium and u will realize that it happens at every stadium.

Last night i watched the Browns/Giants game and it was the same thing as what happens at FEDEX. I paid special attention just because so many people were on here complaining yesterday.

Its amazing that when we lose EVERY SINGLE THING is complained about regarding the Skins, the parking lot, the stadium, the scoreboard, the bathrooms....GET REAL.

I agree.

The most I'll get when I walk n the stadium is a hot dog and a beer about an hour before kickoff. I'll go to the bathroom then and I don't leave my seat the entire game. Personally I just can't stand to miss a down. That's just me.

Fedex Field sucks.

RFK was better.

RFK had an overhang covering the top section of seats. If you sat in the highest 20 rows, you were under a solid overhang.

All the crowd noise from that section bounced off the overhang and went down to the field.

Fedex does not have that. At Fedex, all the crowd noise from the 400 sections simply go into the atmosphere. Only a very small percentage of crowd noise from the 400 sections is making to the field.

I started a thread about this exact same thing yesterday. I think most real fans agree, but there are the one's that call themselves real fans, and have to beat traffic. Eff Traffic, you know what you get when you go, traffic comes along with the whole experience.

If you are not going to stay for the whole game, and be there for your team when we really need you, "DON"T COME". I would suggest giving your tickets to some diehard fans that want to stay for the duration.

My father would never let us leave, even when we were killing a team, or getting killed. We used to joke about it, but that man was loyal, and I believe I am also.

But like some say, it is more of a social event, then a football event

My only visit to Fed Ex was last yr for the Buffalo (Sean Taylor) game. I just assumed the lack of crowd noise and enthusiasm was due to everyone just being in shock. Sadly.....this wasn't the case. There is no reason that stadium shouldn't be among the loudest in the league. I had to stand with my back against a wall just so I could stand up during the game. Ridiculous.

I think a better question are why, after 75-plus years of football, there are many fans who still don't know to be quiet on offense and bring da noise on defense.

I was embarassed when they played the "Shhhhhhhhhh" sound on the speakers when we were on offense, especially on 3rd downs. Sadly though, it's necessary.

Archived