Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chargers Or Saints?

British Skin

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I am going to Wembley in 2 weeks time and I just wanted the opinions of the greatest fans in the NFL regarding who I should cheer for.

Last year was easy because the Giants were playing but I can't see any reason to dislike either the Chargers or Saints. Your knowledge about the history of the Redskins might bring something up though.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I am going to Wembley in 2 weeks time and I just wanted the opinions of the greatest fans in the NFL regarding who I should cheer for.

Last year was easy because the Giants were playing but I can't see any reason to dislike either the Chargers or Saints. Your knowledge about the history of the Redskins might bring something up though.

In NFC vs AFC I'd say root for AFC since we won't ever be fighting them for a playoff spot. Don't really care for either team though :silly:

First of all I'd cheer for a good game. Some of the games we send over there are real stinkers but with these two offenses, it should be pretty exciting.

Personally, I would cheer for San Diego for reasons previously mentioned. The Saints are in the NFC and, after yesterday's debacle, the Skins can use all the help they can get. It's hard to root for Norv Turner but, since I have LaDanian Tomlinson on my fantasy team, I need San Diego to do well since I need a big game from him.

No matter who you root for, it should be a fun game.

British Skins, Thanks for representing the Redskins over in the UK. I have to agree with what has already been said. You should root for the Chargers to win just for the fact that the Saints are in the NFC and we want them to lose as much as possible so it will be one less team to worry about when it comes to a playoff spot for our Redskins.

Enjoy the game and Hail To The Redskins!!!!!!!!!!

Saints are much more likable in my opinion, but they're gonna be a competitor in the play-off hunt since they're in the NFC...

So that may be your reasoning to cheer for the Chargers.

tough one.... if Skins are battling for a playoff spot with saints, we'd get it cos we beat them already. If we didn't play them until later in the season, I'd say root for the Chargers but now it seems like it doesn't matter either way...

Only reason I'll root for the Bolts is because I have L.T. and Gates on my fantasy.

:2cents:

Cheers for your responses.

I just hope the weather stays dry and the pitch doesn't' cut up like last year which I thought was emabarassing for us Brits.

Miami were awful last year but the best thing about the game was meeting loads of Redskins fans from accross the UK. It seems strange that most of us agreed that our best Skins player was Sean Taylor and the conversation this year will no doubt be about what a tradgedy is death was.

The worst thing about last year was having all these glory hunting Patriots fans around me while watching my beloved Redskins get thrashed against them. I wonder how many Pats fans I will see this year?

Just another question. Why do you not like Norv? I watched the NFL in the 80's but stopped due to lack of coverage in the mid 90's. I started watching it again in 2001 when Spurrier was in charge so I missed the Norv period.

Saints! Don't know why, I kinda like them (except when we play them, of course). As far as History, NORV TURNER coaches the Chargers. 'Nuff said.

Archived