Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers - Stepping Up His Game!

B_Durty30

After Plaxico burned him up in week 1 in New York Ive seen major improvement in Carlos game. I think he plays a lot harder than he did before he got hurt. Hes been very impressive and I believe he is trying to become a known shut down corner in this league. All he need now is some glue on his finger tips

In the past I had been pretty critical of Los's play.

I've got to give him his props he has STEPPED up his gamme BIG TIME.

Perhaps once he stops concentrating so hard on holding onto INT's he'll actually start catching them consistently? Either way I'm glad he has improved.

he got smoked bad on a play in the 4th quarter...I think it was the play when we finally got a sack on Bulger...Holt put on a nice double move and Los was several steps off his man...would have been a HUGE gain if the QB had more time

But yes, overall this year he looks great...sorry for being negative just pissed we lost!!

I have noticed that Carlos plays up to the skill of the WR he is covering. When he was covering Terrell Owens, DeSean Jackson, and Torry Holt he shut them down. But against the Eagles he was covering some third string reciever and he got burned for 8 yards and another time for a first down. But I do give him credit he has gotten so much better since last season.

I have noticed that Carlos plays up to the skill of the WR he is covering. When he was covering Terrell Owens, DeSean Jackson, and Torry Holt he shut them down. But against the Eagles he was covering some third string reciever and he got burned for 8 yards and another time for a first down. But I do give him credit he has gotten so much better since last season.

While you are correct, I think this is more the exception than the rule. Every corner is beat on occassion. If you or I ran routes against Champ Bailey long enough we would eventually catch a ball and neither of us (as far as I know) are pro athletes.

Carlos has played as well as any CB in the NFL. Unfortunately he can't catch, but luckily his job is to cover.

I've been an unapologetic Rogers basher.

He's played well much of this season however and I congratulate him for his overall performance and his ability to come back so soon from his injury.

That said, he still wasn't worth the 9th pick in the entire draft. Fair or not, that is how I am going to measure him. I expect more out of him than I do Fred Smoot and the other corners. He should be elite, not just solid or good.

I've been an unapologetic Rogers basher.

He's played well much of this season however and I congratulate him for his overall performance and his ability to come back so soon from his injury.

That said, he still wasn't worth the 9th pick in the entire draft. Fair or not, that is how I am going to measure him. I expect more out of him than I do Fred Smoot and the other corners. He should be elite, not just solid or good.

Out of curiousity, who in that draft class, out of corners, would you have taken? It was the most logical choice.

Only two corners in that class have made the Super Bowl - Ellis Hobbs and Corey Webster and only one, obviously, has won. Only one has made the Pro Bowl (of the ones available to us) and he made it for KR. Frankly, I'd take Carlos over Hobbs and Webster, and that doesn't say much for Carlos as it does Hobbs and Webster.

I have always been a defender of Carlos on this board, and this year he has justified my faith in him. He has been an elite corner this year, in shutting down receivers and playing his game. While he doesn't have the best hands, I'll still take him over many other corners in this league. Teams hardly throw on him, and when they do, Carlos is almost always in a position to swap at the ball and make a play. Moreover, he is solid in the run game and can lay the wood on you.

LoL. Man, how dare he get absolutely owned and BURNED FOR 8 YARDS. Talk about a game greaker. :doh:

Rogers is an elite corner in the league. Yes, he can't catch. But he is a great cover corner and really good in run support. He is playing great ball right now, and he was playing great last year until he got injured.

I know it is hard for most skins fans to admit it though, because that would mean that you guys were wrong about him. The only legitimate criticism the Rogers haters can have on him are his bad hands. But as it has been said (and something I have heard 1000 times growing up), thats why he plays defense and not offense.

I've been both misunderstood today through not separating Rogers general career performance from the one in yesterdays game, and then through people just jumping on a negative.

SIX99's above point was kinda' what I was trying to elude to, if not in that way. The inconsistency's of Carlos since he came into the league.

No ones arguing that the last 3 or 4 games he's really stepped up his game against top opposition, and if he continues to maintain that high standard, he's moire than justified a place in the starting 11.

But overall, in 4 years in this league, he's FAR from justified being a first round pick, with the same continued mistakes coming back to haunt us season after season. As poor as the offense has been in that time, how many STONEWALL pick six's has he dropped that would of helped out a bunch? Now, I'm not saying every corner should have great hands to be classed as elite, but if the ball hits you RIGHT in the darn HANDS time after time you should be able to at least hold on to the darn ball. He's always hit hard, that's never been in question, But too many times he's either played too soft on the coverage, (maybe the Coach' doing admittedly); or just blown his coverage entirely, which IS his doing. That said, kudos to him of late for his coverage of some top guys. No one can argue that. But until he doe's it CONSISTANTLY over an extended period, I'm gona' have my doubts on him.

We shouldn't be having this debate over a 4yr Vet. who was a 1st round pick. He should of GOTTEN it TOTALLY by now.

I sincerely hope he has and my doubts are misguided. But for me, for now still anyways, he's an average Conner currently playing ABOVE himself during this stretch, who's limitations may well cost us in a crucial game down the line.

No doubt this will get jumped on too for being outside current opinion, but that's my :2cents:.

Hail.

Archived