Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We had a good week of practice

MonkfortheHall

What exactly do players mean when they say this? I am starting this thread half jokingly, but players say this all the time after a game.

Does it mean they caught a lot of balls, learned a lot of new plays, made lots of tackles?

Just trying to get some insight into what players are thinking when they say this.

I think it's just a football cliche' that doesn't really mean much.

Hail!

A lot of stupid clitche's in football.

From fans. Conservative, aggresive. All football teams try to score touchdowns and blow out the other team. Some just don't do it well so it looks like they are conservative and some do it extremly well so it looks like they are aggresive.

Good week of pratice just means i have nothing to say to your same old questions. In pratice its just film work , workouts and drills. There is no live football .

Portis admitted the team was way too loose this week. Zorn had to get on them to stay focused. Portis also said maybe its best that the media stay away from redskins park and that they did look ahead at the other games, looking over the rams.

Portis admitted the team was way too loose this week. Zorn had to get on them to stay focused. Portis also said maybe its best that the media stay away from redskins park and that they did look ahead at the other games' date=' looking over the rams.[/quote']

Portis is just that type of cat. If they choke a game away like last year he said the coaching staff and the players were too tight, He said that about a 1000 times last year about the team. When they play a game like this now they are too loose. When he is the one who said Zorn brought a new loose type of style with him and thats what he liked about him the most.

Make a video of how to kill make-belief Rams instead of the real ones on the field.

So true man..I swaer to god, I love Cooley one of my fav skins but if I see another video out of him like he and portis did this week, I'm gonna be pissed.

The stuff only works when you win and make plays..not when you try to switch the ball to yr other hand while you are being tackled by 3 people WTF was that..I expect better than that from Cooley..

The players today lacked focus and I also blame that on the coaches..

To be honest, I was getting a bit uneasy about this game when I saw the video of Cooley and Portis monkeying around with their "Ram hunting" video. I think the atmosphere got a bit too loose around Redskins park and it showed in our teams lack of intensity throughout the afternoon.

It's happened on a number of occasions throughout Gibbs tenure and I hope those guys have got it out of their system once and for all.

I don't want to hear from any of Clinton's characters or Vladimir until they've actually done something worthwhile on the field.

What exactly do players mean when they say this? ... I think it's just a football cliche' that doesn't really mean much.
I think it means that they practiced their guts out. Probably, it means, as one poster already said, that they don't have anything to say to the media's same old questions.

Archived