Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rank the characteristics you value in a President

Burgold

Here goes... and I'm bound to forget a few, but here's my off the top of my head list-

Problem Solving skills

Communication skills

Intelligence

Experience

Temperment

Knowledge (of all the issues)

Charisma

Stubbornness/Willpower

It's interesting. I've gone back and forth on my list even as I'm writing it, but I think that's not a bad start and order. What do you think. What's your order? What belongs on this list that I forgot? What's in my list that wouldn't make yours?

Intelligence

Knowledge of the issues

Problem solving skills

Communication skills (although I include temperment and charisma as things that someone with good communication skills would have)

Experience

Temperment

Charisma

I want someone to have willpower without being stubborn. I also would value flexibility as much.

Instead of intellectual flexibility, I'd say intellectual curiosity. Also, someone willing to actually confront issues that shouldn't be issues anymore (like the cuban trade embargo or industrial hemp) without worrying about being re-elected.

I couldn't help but notice that honesty and integrity were not mentioned so far.

These seem to be the biggest problems with recent presidents as well as with the current crop of canidates.

I actually was going to mention honestly and an ability to be unfront with the nation as something that I wanted, until I decided strategery contributed more to the conversation.

I don't want a President that sugarcoats things, because with the state of the nation at this juncture, people need to know how bad it is, and how we're all in the same boat, and if we work together as a nation, we can pull ourselves out of it.

Archived