Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We are due for a relax game

stevenaa

I can't remember the last time we took a commanding early lead and cruised to a victory. They kind that by half time the game is in the bag. It would be so nice if there wasn't even a possibility of the other team coming back in the 4th. quarter. Our wins have been impressive, but I really want this type of game. If we only win by a couple in a close game, I'll be happy, and I don't think that says anything one way or the other as to how good this team is. Any given Sunday, and all. But It would be sweet if we could enjoy an old fashioned blow out for a change.

If you guys think the Rams are going to accomodate us by rolling over so we can have it easy, think again. We are NOT the 2007 New England Patriots. We are not good enough to impose our will on every team and blow them out.

The Rams are coming off a bye week and I believe this will be another hard fought game. We may even have to come from behind and my guess is we will NOT cover the spread. We'll need to play like we have the past four weeks to win. If we don't, expect Rams fans to flood this place and have a good laugh at our expense.

All worrying aside, the fact that we're playing at home in front of what will seem like 200,000 appreciative fans should keep the team from falling flat and this would be the perfect time for the Z-man to try a few new plays. I HOPE to see a repeat of the Lions game from last year where we clicked on ALL cylinders and not something like last years Philly game where we just gave it away.

I can't remember the last time we took a commanding early lead and cruised to a victory. They kind that by half time the game is in the bag. It would be so nice if there wasn't even a possibility of the other team coming back in the 4th. quarter. Our wins have been impressive, but I really want this type of game. If we only win by a couple in a close game, I'll be happy, and I don't think that says anything one way or the other as to how good this team is. Any given Sunday, and all. But It would be sweet if we could enjoy an old fashioned blow out for a change.

2005 agianst the 49ers 52-17. Amazingly enough that was also the last time we were favored to win by double digits.

The Rams ARE getting better...

They lost their 1st game by 35 points...

They lost their 2nd game by 28 points...

They lost their 3rd game by 24 points...

And they lost their 4th game by 17 points...

They could lose to the Redskins by 10 points, and it would fit the pattern...yet the Skins would most likely be faulted for "only" winning by 10.

I think overlooking the Rams, both by players AND by fans, would be a huge mistake. With two weeks of rest, a new coach and a team that was already improving, they could easily make a game of this, even if they lose.

2005 agianst the 49ers 52-17. Amazingly enough that was also the last time we were favored to win by double digits.

Now THAT'S an interesting bit of information. :applause:

I don't see it happening but hopefully, the home crowd will be able to spur us on and the offense will click like it did last week. I just hope we can turn some of those FG's into TD's.

I don't expect the Rams to be push overs. I'll take the win any way it comes. But, the team is playing better and improving and I think it is within them to have a decisive victory. I also think it's possible they lay an egg, but it would appear Zorn is working to keep them at a consistent level, week in and week out. We have so many close games, where teams are in it until the end that I'd like to kick back and enjoy a sure thing by the 4th. Qtr.

I am nervous about the Rams, I think they are gonna bring their best effort, they are trying to turn their season around...

But I think the Skins win, and I also would love to see a big win, blowout type.

49-3 would be nice. 3 TDs by Jason, 3 by Portis, and a pick 6 by the Predator.

Too much to ask?? :D

I am nervous about the Rams, I think they are gonna bring their best effort, they are trying to turn their season around...

But I think the Skins win, and I also would love to see a big win, blowout type.

49-3 would be nice. 3 TDs by Jason, 3 by Portis, and a pick 6 by the Predator.

Too much to ask?? :D

lol, I would not mind that at all!! I am starting all 3 this week. JC, CP and Horton. Granted, I picked up Horton this week because my DB's are on a bye, but still, Your foreshadowing would = a big win for me!

Archived