Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skinslove<3's BLOG & PHOTOS from Dallas :)

skinslove<3

Got the “W” in my pocket…my adventures to the big D.

So I have to start by saying that I landed on DC last night at about 11:40pm with Remember Osaka, so I am totally exhausted.

I plan on blogging about the trip and posting all of my photos when I get home from the taping of Late Night tonight.

I could hardly sleep on Friday night, I am glad that the weather was bad I had such good thoughts about heading down to the “big D”.

This is my 4th away game, and with the win that we got in Dallas, I am 4-0 on the road, and like to think that if I am traveling to an away game that we are going to get the win. I was never nervous about the game or being at the stadium. I knew that we had this.

Saturday Day/Saturday Night

I wake up on Saturday morning and pack as much Redskins stuff as I can fit into my small suitcase. I also had to pack the ES banner, plus some burgundy and gold beads (thanks Huly). I then head out to Redskins Park for the send off to Dallas, which thank goodness they left when they did so I could attend and take pictures (to be posted soon). There was a really good turn out, everyone was super pumped, especially me, I knew that I heading out to Dallas in a couple of hours. Zorn actually came down this time and shook everyone’s hand. He took pictures, signed posters, and overall seemed to appreciate the fact that we were out there. Once the busses rolled by and we all cheered, we headed over to Kirkpatrick’s for a drink.

I grabbed a cold one and SkinsFan44 bought me a shot of tequila for safe travels. I was on a tight schedule and couldn’t hang out too long plus everyone was into watching the Maryland/Clemson game. I found myself talking to a bouncer that works there. I told him that we were going to win down in Dallas, and he told me that he knew people down there and he was going to send my luggage to Philadelphia. HAHA, not funny. He owes me a drink by the way, Sir, I told you what was going on, please listen to the Redskins fan next time!!!

I head back home, more excited than before. I check and recheck to make sure that I have everything that is important to me for this trip and zip up the suitcase one final time and head to my friends house so she can take me to the airport. My flight was supposed to leave National Airport at 4:45, but on my way to the airport, at about 2:45 I got a phone call from American Airlines telling me that my flight had been delayed and I would’ve had to depart at 8 something, which I told them that I needed to get to Dallas as soon as possible. My flight departure got changed to 6:21, where I would arrive in Dallas at 8:31 or so, not too bad.

I find a Friday’s at the airport and have a great time watching NASCAR and drinking some beers and some shots with this older Skins fan who thinks it’s the coolest thing ever that I am flying to Dallas to see our boys play down there. The bartender said that he had seen so many Cowboys fans around the airport and that I was the first Skins fan to come through and be actually heading down to the game. Pretty cool, and good times. I make it through security without having to drop my pants, or remove any clothing and head to the gate where I meet a couple of more Skins fans. We board the plane and we are told that the plane cannot take off with Redskins fans on board, and they were already sending their condolences for the loss. I laughed, like I have said before, I knew that we had this.

So the flight is alright, no movie, but I have my iPod and I def. passed out for a good part of the flight. I needed some energy for game day. I landed about 8:45 or so and got my luggage no problem. I heard it all though the airport, how “brave” I was to be wearing my colors in Dallas. Anyways…. So Blonide was beat and I had RememberOsaka come and get me from the airport where we headed to Humperdinks, and since I flew in late, there weren’t a lot of people out, but we still managed to have a good time. Thank you again to FlywithaBowtie for driving me to the hotel afterwards. I hopped in the shower, watched some Chris Rock, and passed out.

More to come…..

Sunday (GAME DAY)

Blondie calls me early o’clock on Sunday morning, which I had been up but just relaxing. I went down and had some juice and then up to the room to get ready for the game. I decided to go with the Dirty 30 jersey, are you all surprised? Threw on the beads, grabbed the cowboy hat with the Dallas sucks star, and the tomahawk through it, and got ready to head to Texas Stadium.

We pull up to the gate around 9am or so, which they aren’t letting people into the lots until 11 or so. We carry some items over the “Blondiegate” area block our spot. I just thought it was kinda funny how you are able to carry items to your spot, but you aren’t able to put your car there until the lots officially open. People are laughing that we are even there and whatever, but no one is going to get me down. The lots at the stadium are crazy, it’s all backwards. It’s like there is really no official plan. There is a blue line that you have to tailgate behind, which I think is a good idea. It cut back on a lot of madness around the lots.

Blondie did such an amazing job, I just can’t believe that she did what she did all by herself. I helped as best as I could without getting in the way, but WOW BLONDIE!! Thank you again for everything, and like I told you, you completely out did yourself woman. There were SOOOOOOOOO many Redskins fans in and out of the tailgate, it was incredible. There was a man that walked through with his 3 brothers all of them were Cowboys fans. He was a Skins fan, and was just so happy and I don’t think had ever seen so many Skins fans in one place before. He was so happy. It was really hilarious to see him jumping up and down, just being so excited to be surrounded by Redskins fans. D'KanSkinsFan made sure that many of you were "there" in Dallas with us, pics later...

We hung out with Rock’s family (love you all) and Momma Portis. (pictures are coming later, promise). The food was excellent, we drank a lot, and boy were we PUMPED for the game to begin.

Walking up to the stadium was the normal, “Redskins Suck”, you know how it is…..we hop (RO & I) into line to give our tickets and get patted down. This guys says one of the meanest things that I think I have heard to date about Sean Taylor, and said, “OMG, is it too soon to be talking about him? I know that’s a soft spot with you fans. He was obviously involved in some type of “gang” activity.” WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW. It took a lot not to completely go off on this guy. I told him that I really didn’t have problems with any Cowboys fans previous to that comment, and I told him that he was extremely rude, and lacked class. Once again, it’s not about football with Sean, it’s about a man, a dad, a son, someone who was protecting his family. I am not going to get into it, but that put such a HORRIBLE taste in my mouth.

We grab beers, find out seats and just couldn’t believe that I was in that stadium for the game. We had fantastic seats, and of course we were surrounded by Cowboys fans everywhere. There was some burgundy and gold sprinkled throughout where we were, if you saw the Hoggettes on TV, then we were about 7-10 rows behind them. The game starts all is good, I am taking photos left and right (they are coming), and having a fantastic time. Cowboys score first, I am not discouraged. You all know how the game goes.

We got up out of our seats before half time to use the bathroom and grab a beer and some food. We missed the deep pass to Moss, which was huge, but we saw it from the TV in what you would call the “concourse” of the stadium. No one said anything bad to us at all; we met some Redskins fans, had a good time and went back into our seats.

There were 2 older couples behind us (pushing 65 or so) and I never once yelled “Dallas Sucks” or anything of that nature. I threw out my hand for first downs and cheered when we did something amazing. RO was even saying that was a good play if Dallas did something well. One of the old men definitely called me the “B” word and told me that I needed to sit the **** down.” I was in TOTAL shock. I never have in my life been called that by anyone. This guy probably had grandchildren, I am sure that his wife was proud. It took everything in me to bite my tongue, I just pointed and said “scoreboard”. Then the guy in front of us said that RO was annoying. Hey, “we love incomplete passes right?” haha. So we said to him it would be different if Dallas was winning right? I just don’t understand some people, well I do. We were in there house and we were winning, they were mad. SCOREBOARD!

The boys were so pumped after the game. Rock running out to the star and throwing his hands out, well, Ill leave that one alone, but it was just emotional and so happy. WOW, WOW, WOW. I am still pinching myself and I am in awe that I was there and witnessed that win.

The game ends, we WIN in DALLAS. Please believe when I say that to be perfectly honest, no Cowboy fans were rude at all. They were coming up to us and telling us congratulations and stuff, amazing. They were nice and I really don’t have anything negative to say about them minus the guy talking about Sean and the 65 year old man thinking it was appropriate to call me a “B”. The parking lot was BUMPING after the game and we were partying and singing HTTR. It was such an amazing feeling. We had to go out and celebrate!!!

We ended up just grabbing some food and watching the Eagles lose again the Bears. Most of Dallas shut down at midnight or so on Sunday, so it was good to go back to the hotel and get some rest. I am not sure what was on TV, but I went to bed dreaming of everything good. WE WON IN DALLAS!!!! Sweet dreams!!!

Monday

Maybe I wasn’t in the right area of town, but Dallas was kinda not happening, and I understand that I went for a game and didn’t really go seeking to party down there. It was good thought waking up yesterday morning in Dallas putting on my Skins gear and pumped to go around town in my colors and show off! WE WON!!! RO and I decide that we need to go see the new stadium. He comes to pick me up from the hotel and we head out to the new “Toilet Bowl”.

Not that I think that FedEx is the most beautiful amazing place in the world, or the cleanest, etc, but Texas Stadium is old, hot, stuffy, and just blah. It’s a couple notches under FedEx. Let me tell you, once the new Stadium was in view…..OMG. It is so freaking massive you wouldn’t believe it unless you see it up close, or look at my pictures. We pulled over in a Wal-Mart parking lot to take pictures of it. We there for about 30 minutes or so, and I would have to say that about 20 cars, and about 100 people pulled up in the time that we were there to take pictures of the stadium. They were all Cowboys fans, but two people. It was funny to see the Cowboys fans out in the parking lot of Wal-Mart taking the pictures. People should’ve brought some lounge chairs.

I am not talking any kind of smack about the fans or them coming up to the stadium to take pictures; I would be totally excited as well. I am slightly jealous, and I don’t know how Jones having that big, new, and nice looking stadium is going to sit with Snyder. I figure that he had to drive by there while the team was down there. I can’t wait to go to the game down there next year.

We headed back to Humperdinks after the new stadium adventure and grabbed lunch. Our flight wasn’t leaving until 8pm, so we had some time. We once again were congratulated by the Cowboys fans, and not one person said anything negative. One guy wanted to pay our bar tab, and was somewhat offended that we didn’t let him, but that was as far as it went. I know it was only game 4, and we gave them the first loss of the season, but you all know how damn good it feels to wear Skins gear after a win. It’s sweeter after a Dallas win, and it’s even more sweet to be doing all of that in Dallas.

RO and I returned the rental car, shuttled to the airport and found a Cowboys bar in the airport that we had to go in and grab a beer. No one said anything mean to us at all. There were a bunch on Cowboys fans on the flight back to DC, but there were a bunch of Skins fans also.

Such amazing time and a weekend to remember. WOW, WE WON IN DALLAS.

Pictures coming later and I am sure that I forgot to write about something….haha.

Thank you again to everyone who made my trip so fantastic.

Hugs & HTTR.

<3 Aimz.:dallasuck

my computer is acting up, so here is what i have so far.....ill get the rest up asap.

DSC00294.jpg

DSC00295.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSCN5374.jpg

s.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00281-1.jpg

DSC00284-1.jpg

DSC00285-1.jpg

DSC00287-1.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

DSCN5389.jpg

DSCN5390.jpg

DSCN5391.jpg

DSCN5392.jpg

DSCN5393.jpg

DSCN5394.jpg

DSCN5395.jpg

DSCN5398.jpg

DSCN5401.jpg

DSCN5403.jpg

DSCN5405.jpg

DSCN5407.jpg

DSCN5408.jpg

DSCN5409.jpg

DSCN5410.jpg

DSCN5411.jpg

DSCN5412.jpg

DSCN5413.jpg

DSCN5414.jpg

DSCN5415.jpg

DSCN5417.jpg

DSCN5427.jpg

DSCN5431.jpg

DSCN5432.jpg

DSCN5436.jpg

DSCN5438.jpg

DSCN5439.jpg

DSCN5440.jpg

DSCN5441.jpg

DSCN5454.jpg

DSCN5458.jpg

DSCN5463.jpg

posting all of my photos when I get home

take pictures (to be posted soon).

pics later...

(pictures are coming later' date=' promise).

I am taking photos left and right (they are coming),

[/color']or look at my pictures.

Pictures coming later and I am sure that I forgot to write about something….i swear, the pictures are coming tonight.:point2sky

So, I'm not sure if you mentioned this in your post, but, did you take any pictures? If so, are you going to post them anytime soon?

Did I miss the pics? Were they already posted??

You didn't see them? WOW, I did:D~ Look on first page of skinslove<3 thread (this one) and you will see some pics POSTED by krisco750~ BUT not from skinslove<3:silly: ; krisco750 was nice enough to give you some pics to look at; especially those of skinslove<3 and the girl that lost her shoes;) at the end of the night, (that was the right girl, right?)

krisco750~ just a suggestion, if you don't mind, most know who the Hoggettes are (love those guys;)), Chief and Mrs. Portis are~ but who are the people in your pics?????? I didn't know their names either, other than I can see Kansasduo in the back of one pic and Blondie's momma in another pic. And yes, I know skinslove<3 is in one. But most don't know who they are~ could you please post names under the pics?:)

Glad you guys AREN'T going to post pics of the................"well, ahem, "you know";)

krisco750~ just a suggestion' date=' if you don't mind, most know who the Hoggettes are (love those guys;)), Chief and Mrs. Portis are~ but who are the people in your pics?????? I didn't know their names either, other than I can see Kansasduo in the back of one pic and Blondie's momma in another pic. And yes, I know skinslove<3 is in one. But most don't know who they are~ could you please post names under the pics?:)

Glad you guys AREN'T going to post pics of the................"well, ahem, "you know";)[/quote']

Well, being that I was drinking all day and didn't have a pen and paper, I sadly have forgotten most forum names with the exception of a few. I also wasn't sure if it'd be polite to reveal names in case people like not having a picture associated with their name /shrug - and I never really asked.

If anyone would like to give up their name I'll gladly edit the post and put the names in there :).

And... before you get offended, D'Kan...

skins-at-girls-9.jpg

I have this photo on my MySpace page with the caption "two awesome skins fans and a disgruntled cowgirl" haha.

Well, being that I was drinking all day and didn't have a pen and paper, I sadly have forgotten most forum names with the exception of a few. I also wasn't sure if it'd be polite to reveal names in case people like not having a picture associated with their name /shrug - and I never really asked.

If anyone would like to give up their name I'll gladly edit the post and put the names in there :).

And... before you get offended, D'Kan...

skins-at-girls-9.jpg

I have this photo on my MySpace page with the caption "two awesome skins fans and a disgruntled cowgirl" haha.

Why, I am not offened at all:laugh::silly: and, I happen to "know" that disgruntled cowgirl fan:laugh:and I can tell you HE is still disgruntled:cheers:. And he can stay that way:applause::cheers::dallasuck

Archived