Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

9.10.08 UPDATE: thoughts and prayers needed....

skinslove<3

My 23-year old friend had a heart attack yesterday and is in “guarded” condition. We just got back from vacation, which during our trip he complained of heart pains, thinking that it was severe heart burn which it turns out, he had a couple of small heart attacks while on the trip.

He is a wonderful person, and one of my best friends. He has a heart of gold and a smile that lights up the room. He is a huge Redskins fan, and I ask that you all please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I know that I have the support of this family.

I am heartbroken, in shock, and just numb to the situation. I can't believe this is happening to someone so young, and someone so close to me.

I really need you guys.:(

Thank you.

<3

8:55am-They started to bring his body temperature up last night around 6pm. His sedative ran out and he tried opening his eyes, the nurse asked him if he could hear her, he moved his head up and down. They have to knock him back out after this because they didn't want him to go into shock with his body warming up.

I just got back from seeing Kris. He is slowly coming back. I walked in and Kristine (his gf) said "Kris, Amy is here", and he opened his eyes and turned his head towards me. I went over and grabbed his hand and he mouthed, "Hey Amy." I cried….he should be fully awake by the end of today. He keeps trying to move his legs, which is causing some bleeding, so we don't want to excite him too much. I know that I am going to have my K-Risky back…I am just so excited to see him progress today. He is signing that he is cold also, which is so positive. He is squeezing with so much strength and he is such a fighter, I am so proud of him. He has had his Redskins blanket on through this entire ordeal, and before I left him this morning I sang a line of HTTR, because I had to, and he squeezed my hand the entire time.

Nurses came in and had to do the morning assessments, I had a meeting, getting ready to go back up and check on him again.

The goal is to get the thing out of his artery today and to get him off the ventilator. They took the balloon thing out, but they had to sedate him, he is getting too exited when people are coming in.

He says hey to me each time I walk in, and points and squeezes so hard. He is also asking for people, it's such a good sign. I just got back from lunch and they had to sedate him again, more than likely due to the excitement his body is experiencing, they don't want him to go into shock.

Ill keep you posted.

8299443383634.jpg

my K-RISKY.

<3

Geeze <3...I'm so sorry. Hopefully youth is on his side as far as recovery is concerned. I'm sure the physicians are doing all they can to help him. I will certainly say a special prayer for him and you and the rest of his family. God bless and give you both peace and grant him a speedy recovery!

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,

he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.

He guides me in paths of righteousness

for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk

through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]

I will fear no evil,

for you are with me;

your rod and your staff,

they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me