Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell is playing scared (Merged)

Frediemac

I think the play calling SUCKED! Dont get me wrong, Jason Campbell Sucked also. It seemed like after the first 2 drives, Zorn lost confidence in Campbell and started calling lame preseason-esque running and passing plays. There was no sense of urgency, no decisiveness, no ANYTHING.

We are in for a VERY long season!!!

Jason did decent tonight in the midst of what he was given to work with. I think he does best in a 'hurry-up' mode but when we keep running the ball predictably and throwing predictably after the run is stuffed...how can you blame him as a player and call him a 'bad' QB? He made better decisions than Eli tonight.

Zorn needs to learn how to call a game and the offense looks like it needs some time to adjust and get it together as a unit. Also, our O-line was absolutely pathetic in the first half.

reallY? cause he looked so good against the 2nd 3rd string d's in preseason. you are to old school for the newschool nfl. go play schuffle board

What was his excuse last year. Trust me, I'm not one of the naysayers wanting to start Colt, that would be foolish. But you can't explain away the explosion of the Skins offense when Collins took over. Oh yeah, that was the end of the year against playoff teams first string. Get a clue.

Well I for one think Campbell sucks. Please Redskins serve me alot of Crow down the road but that's what I think. I'm against replacing him until the season is completely loss though. Either he turns it around and shows some improvement as the season goes on or put in Colt and let him take his lumps like Eli when there's no shot for us to make the Playoffs. I'm done with waiting for Campbell. I'm tired of watching the Cowboys have a good quarterback that just sat on the bench for years come in and play like a Pro Bowler. And I really really really hate everyone saying to calm down this is just the beginning of the season...................................Still I would love to eat alot of Crow if Campbell becomes what we wanted him to be when we traded up to get him in the first round.

Seriously, none of you are placing any blame on the playcalling for JC's performance? Run-run-pass-punt. Ever notice that whenever we turned the heat on the Giants, we actually moved the ball?

We attempted to beat the Giants by testing their very good run defense, while leaving their suspect secondary largely untouched. Terrible.

Zorn showed absolute ZERO trust in Jason and it is apparent he didn't game plan accordingly.

Both are at fault in my eyes.

Thanks for the pretty non-biased response. I hate all the personal attacks - the guy is a Redskin and should be at least shown some respect. But at this point it's embarassing to be out there playing with your coach calling plays like that.

Yup, everyone was covered, except that guy five yards short of the first down marker.

Did you watch the 4th down play when there were a few minutes left in the 4th? He rolled out of the pocket, kept looking up field and had to dump it instead of taking a sack.

They showed a replay of a larger view of the field and NO ONE was open.

If anyone knows whether or not he can hack it, it's a guy like Zorn how has both played and coached this position. As long as he sticks with Campbell, so will I. One game in with a rookie coach,,,,
And I know Zorn can't manage time

The team wasn't prepared to play

The Playcalling sucked

BUT

I should trust Zorn about JC?

:cheers:

I've seen enough. Oddly enough, I'd actually convinced myself by preseason week 2 that maybe Campbell could somehow excel in the WC offense.

LOL --- no.

Which part is odd, that you had convinced yourself that he could excel, or that a couple of preseason games later and only one regular season game later you've switched?

The preseason can show some things, but it's no substitute for the regular season - especially for the Skins. We have started pretty slowly over the first half of the season for a while now. I didn't expect that to change given the new coach, new offensive system, and last two preseason games.

I don't think Campbell stinks. I just think he's in the wrong offense.

So either we modify the offense (deep passes) to fit Campbell's abilities....or we need another QB.

Exactly....

Gibbs drafted Jason thinking he would be the second coming of Doug Williams..in his offense. not this one.

The WCO has twice as much passes than the run. I didn't see that tonight. You need a QB that can make quick reads and throw the ball. I know this is Jason's first crack at this but...

You have to look at the QB FIRST to see if he can do this...Jason is too too toooooooo slow for this. Im one of Jason's biggest supporters, so I watch him very close and he does not look at the whole field. He locks on one guy..and for some odd reason he doesnt scramble for positive yards. After the 3 to 5 drop step, if there is nothing there...run or throw it away.

And I personally think they need to put the WCO running in as well. I understand them wanting to keep that in to help out with the new playbook. But its still Gibbs running game and everyone sniffs that out before the snap.

Jason did decent tonight in the midst of what he was given to work with. I think he does best in a 'hurry-up' mode but when we keep running the ball predictably and throwing predictably after the run is stuffed...how can you blame him as a player and call him a 'bad' QB? He made better decisions than Eli tonight.

Zorn needs to learn how to call a game and the offense looks like it needs some time to adjust and get it together as a unit. Also, our O-line was absolutely pathetic in the first half.

Granted, Zorn will have to develop that part of his "game" but c'mon. Every interview Campbell stumbles through he says "go out there and make plays." OK ****bag. Make a play. Take a shot. Hang it out there for everyone to see. At least if it goes poorly we can have that 10% positivity that you tried, as feeble as it will be if it ever happens.

And he only looks good in hurry up mode because defenses go into prevent packages and give the short passes away as gifts. Any of us would look good throwing to a guy who has a 10 yard cushion.

zorn doesnt trust him, all those routes on 3rd and long were wayyyyy to short of the sticks. he was protecting campbell so he wouldnt throw a pick. he needs to let him throw downfield and see if it works out, Shotgun more often, and if dont, hopefully he gets benched for collins, who will suck worse AND then, the future begins :silly:

And I know Zorn can't manage time

The team wasn't prepared to play

The Playcalling sucked

BUT

I should trust Zorn about JC?

1st game as a head coach, the play calling was rough and the time management poor. But if people had the same attitude about Gibbs that they do about Zorn, we'd never have three Lombardis.

BTW - I don't think Zorn is Gibbs. I'm just saying that after 1 game, people want to jump ship. Give it time people...patience is necessary in the NFL today.

Jason is done he is slow locks on one receiver, And Cooley was open on the 5 yard pass to (Betts) which is another waste of a roster spot! The whole offence did look flat but and will bet you no one on the offencive side of the ball has any faith in Campbell and it shows! He doesent need Zorn he needs a shrink! He has made everybodys offence look bad!!!

Starting to hear from way too many people that Campbell just can't come off his primary receiver and work thru a progression. Heard it from Saunders, Sonny said it in Pre-game, Zorn has said it multiple times.

Plug in Collins for this year. Then groom Brennan. Yeah, he posted numbers vs backups. But he was playing with backups. And you could see the guy come off his primary and get the ball to someone else. Campbell has not shown us with any consistency that he can make something out of nothing. Which is what the best of the best can do.

Archived