Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

watching the skins while on an airplane?

W1N_SKINS

ok so my cousin is getting married this weekend and it happens thay my dad booked the Flight on Thursday the plane takes off at around 6 is there a chance to watch the game while I'm on the plane? I'm not sure what airline were going on but I'll ask my dad when he gets home.

ok so my cousin is getting married this weekend and it happens thay my dad booked the Flight on Thursday the plane takes off at around 6 is there a chance to watch the game while I'm on the plane? I'm not sure what airline were going on but I'll ask my dad when he gets home.
Nope, most airlines only show videos, usually of tourist spots. If the flight is long enough, they will show a movie and you have to pay to listen to it. Those ****s at US Air don't even give you free pretzels anymore and make you pay for your drinks now :soapbox:

Buy a slingbox, hook it up to your DVR box (if you have one) and put the game on record. When you get to where ever you are landing, you can access your DVR files through the Slingbox media player on your computer.

All of this will cost you around 180 dollars though... but you can return it to best buy within a month.

the ride is 5 hours coast to coast....

Oh...well then you are probably out of luck. You might be able to plug earphones into the plane's radio system and hear updates (sometimes they have ESPN radio or something like that).

I did that in 2006 on the way back from Naples, FL. But literally, I just heard the score every 15 minutes or so.

Buy a slingbox, hook it up to your DVR box (if you have one) and put the game on record. When you get to where ever you are landing, you can access your DVR files through the Slingbox media player on your computer.

All of this will cost you around 180 dollars though... but you can return it to best buy within a month.

That would be ridiculous. Go through all that trouble to watch one football game.... He should just call ahead and have his family record it for him to watch after they arrive.

Looks like i'm in luck were going on jetblue they have direct tv and the game is being broadcasted on national tv so looks like it's goi g to work out..... Now to problem number two how will I controll myself when wescore a td

Not to be a downer, but doesn't JetBlue's DTV only provide select channels? I could be wrong, but I don't know if you can get a NBC, CBS, or Fox station.

You will, however, get ESPN and maybe NFL Network so you can get quick updates.

Not to be a downer, but doesn't JetBlue's DTV only provide select channels? I could be wrong, but I don't know if you can get a NBC, CBS, or Fox station.

You will, however, get ESPN and maybe NFL Network so you can get quick updates.

just checked looks like i really did luck out

http://www.jetblue.com/about/whyyoulllike/directv/guide/TribuneTVFront/

channel 17 is nbc

Well... you could watch them from the plane, but they would look REALLY tiny from up there.

:laugh:

I can't wait to read in the news the next day of a plane making an emergency landing because of a hysterical Skins fan.

hahaha i dont think it would go down that way seeing that im middle eastern they would say redskins fan in disguse has terrorist plot hahahha

but no really im going to have a hard time controlling myself every td jc throws :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Archived