Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Man held in Fla. for threatening Obama's life

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26077318

MIAMI - A man is being held in Florida by federal authorities on charges of threatening to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Raymond Hunter Geisel was ordered held without bail Thursday at a brief court hearing.

The Secret Service says Geisel made the threat during a training class for bail bondsmen in Miami in late July. Another tipster said Geisel also threatened President Bush.

A search of Geisel's SUV and hotel room uncovered a loaded handgun, knives, dozens of rounds of ammunition, body armor and a machete. The SUV was wired with emergency lights.

Geisel told the Secret Service he was originally from Bangor, Maine. He contended he made no threat against either Obama or the president.

this could either be a case of talking the talk but won't walking the walk, where he mentioned it to 1 person to many... or a legit crazy with real intentions. Either way, no need to take a risk. Leave him in jail until all the facts are out and a jury decides what to do with this idiot.

I agree.

I'm sure many others have thought about it but have enough sense to keep their mouths shut.

Not totally.

My mom has a friend out in Purcellville, which is west of Leesburg. It's pretty country out there. As you can imagine, the further west you go, it gets to be more country and redneck-ish.

Anyway, my mom was talking to this lady and she was saying that she knows of several people who live out that way that'll want to see Obama assassinated if he indeed wins. And plenty that'll be happy to do it themselves, and have the means to do it.

It's all "he said, she said" stuff, but I've met my moms friend before. I wouldn't think that she's lying.

Makes me upset because I have a cousin who is in the Secret Service and spends time on the presidents detail. Not that I'm rooting for any president to go down, but I love my cousin more.

The odd part is that he threatened Bush's life as well, however the story leads with how he threatened Obama's life. Liberal media much?

Well, it sounds like the guy is being held for openly threatening Obama, and they have a witness to that.

And, apparently a tipster also says he threatened Bush. But an anonymous tipster isn't a witness and he can't be chanrged for that.

So the charges will only be about Obama. Ergo, the story lead is pretty dang accurate.

Paranoid about liberal media much? :)

Well, it sounds like the guy is being held for openly threatening Obama, and they have a witness to that.

And, apparently a tipster also says he threatened Bush. But an anonymous tipster isn't a witness and he can't be chanrged for that.

So the charges will only be about Obama. Ergo, the story lead is pretty dang accurate.

Paranoid about liberal media much? :)

Nope just use to it.

Archived