Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Electronic (receiver) Help

jweisk1

Hey guys, I was hoping to maybe get some advice...FYI...I am anti-handy...:doh:

I have a receiver Harman Kardon about 2 years old, and about a month ago it just went out...I was told that it might just be the fuse however I wasnt sure if I should take it to a shop to get it fixed or if it is possible to do it myself...also is there a way to check if it is the internal fuse prior to taking it some where?

I just dont want to get hosed by somebody...

Thanks in advanced for all your help

and I dont have a warrantly bc I bought it from a friend while he was a manager at Circuit City...

~James

Maybe check with the manufacturer. I bought a Harmon Kardon a few years back that was factory refurbushed. Got a great deal and it's still going strong.

At the least give them a call and inquire about the internal fuse.

You could open it and take a look. The fuses are usually near to where the power comes into the unit. UNPLUG THE UNIT FIRST. You should only have to remove 6-8 external screws to take off the cover. Take a quick look to see if you can see the fuses, if you can, you can probably tell if it's blown or not. If it's blown, pull it, take it to Radio Shack, get a new one, pop it in, put the cover back on. If the fuse blows again when you turn the power back on/plug it in, you have something else wrong with it. Take it to get it fixed.

If you can't see the fuses when you remove the cover, it's up to you if you want to dig further to find them. I wouldn't, unless I was feeling confident that I could retrace my steps to put it back together.

It's an easy process, but if it's still under warranty I would let the manufacturer take care of it.

Maybe check with the manufacturer. I bought a Harmon Kardon a few years back that was factory refurbushed. Got a great deal and it's still going strong.

At the least give them a call and inquire about the internal fuse.

You could open it and take a look. The fuses are usually near to where the power comes into the unit. UNPLUG THE UNIT FIRST. You should only have to remove 6-8 external screws to take off the cover. Take a quick look to see if you can see the fuses, if you can, you can probably tell if it's blown or not. If it's blown, pull it, take it to Radio Shack, get a new one, pop it in, put the cover back on. If the fuse blows again when you turn the power back on/plug it in, you have something else wrong with it. Take it to get it fixed.

If you can't see the fuses when you remove the cover, it's up to you if you want to dig further to find them. I wouldn't, unless I was feeling confident that I could retrace my steps to put it back together.

It's an easy process, but if it's still under warranty I would let the manufacturer take care of it.

Thanks guys...I will let you know how it turns out!!

:cheers:

Archived