Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone upset Gibbs was not given any props at HOF?

truskin4life

With the man who took both D.G and Monk to three Superbowl championships sitting right there on stage, I can not believe no one even mentioned Gibbs. I know there are alot of ignorant Gibbs haters out there, but the man is one of the biggest icons of the Washington Redskins. I have been beating my brain trying to figure out what is going on behind closed doors that they dissed Gibbs like that. Heck, DG even mentioned one of the guys on the field crew when he played! I dont know if its religion, charity, or just didnt get along, but something is odd about the situation. It probably shouldnt bother me, but when one of my favorite skins of all time(Gibbs) gets dissed, it doesnt settle well with me. Please let me know your :2cents: . P.S was it just me or was DG's speach aweful anyway?

:doh: Neither one gave a glory to the owner, the vendors........"where does one stop"?

Green and Monk gave credit to people who were instrumental with developing their character as a player- IN THEIR Opinion...........

I am sure, in private, they thanked Gibbs and MORE; but I have a question, when Gibbs did his induction speech, he didn't mention these two guys;) ? No, he didn't.

yep, they both mentioned him....not a whole lot, not as much as I thought....but, we all know what Gibbs did.

Green thanked every soul he could remember....kinda boring really. Both those guys are borderline religious fanatics, too.....surprised they just didn't start spouting off scripture.

Not really to be honest.....this day was about D.G., and Art's INDIVIDUAL accomplishments. It was their day.......just my take I suppose.
No, I think you took the words out of my mouth. You know Gibbs mentioned all the players in his speech as a blanket because he cannot name them all but I guess it's different with a coach since they are fewer and far between. Gibbs probably did not want to be mentioned, the fact that his bust is already there and two of his key players are now there, I think that says it all.

Why should we be upset? Green mentioned his desire to play for Coach Gibbs in the beginning of his speech, when he talked about wanting to play for a Christian as devoted as him. What more do you want? While I am not one of those "ignorant haters" as you put it, I cannot understand why there are those who want to slobber Gibbs 24 hours a day. And please don't try to tell me that I don't appreciate the past and that I did not live during the Gibbs' success . . . because I can assure you that I am very well versed in our glorious past and greatly appreciate what he did. But again . . . he received plenty of recognition and praise over the past 4 years . . . AND all those years between him coaching the first time and when he took over. So again, why should we be upset? These guys made the HOF because of their individual accomplishments. If you play or played for the Burgundy and Gold, you do not need to only talk about Coach Gibbs.

Actually Gibbs was given props by both Monk and Green. Both of them acknowledged Gibbs as a great Christian man and how he embraced them as men not just a coach.

I was watching the post-HOF show on NFLN and they couldn't stop raving about each other all three of them.

On another note, it was Monks' and Greens' day. Their also icons in Washington Sports and definitely are not Gibbs haters. Don't be upset with them we all need to be unified for this moment. :helmet:

Archived