Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

911 Call Over Subway Sandwich Order

BURGUNDYBLEEDER

Yeah I enjoyed this story....Why the **** didnt they give the man his sauce???

Having been a 911 operator before, I have to tell you, that isn't even the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Want to get an idea of how far gone our society is. Do a sit along in a 911 center for a night.

Care to share any stories?

Yeah I enjoyed this story....Why the **** didnt they give the man his sauce???

Care to share any stories?

Unable to get specific, but yes I've taken a call where someone complained that a family member stole their pot.

Most of the time, it's women, not being sexist just from my experience. They are AWFUL for calling in pissed at their husbands making up all kinds of outlandish things like he hit me he raped me, he abuses our children, then we send cops out there and it's the husband that looks like he was put through a meat grinder and the wife is spotless.

Old people in nursing homes calling because they think thy are being held captive..

Um, there is this one lady who thinks Tony Kornheiser, The Washington Post and one of the county detectives are trying to kill her.

Funny one that stands out in my mind russian dude been in the country for a year and his wife left him for another man, he calls up wanting police to go over thre and bring her back, he sounded shocked when we told him that she had the right to do that.

Hispanic male worried about his daughter being alone, wanting cops to go check on her because she was too young to be left alone... She was 25.

A lot of petty squabbles. You guys have no idea how much tax payer money is wasted from people calling 911 with bull**** like "My wife took the car to work, I want to report it stolen", Um "My husband is drunk and won't talk to me" or "My brother just hit me". Kids fighting is the worst, because policy dictates taht anything domestic related gets dispatched, so kids calling up because they're older brother "hit" them, is a huge waste of tax payer money, not to mention tying up lines for real emergencies.

So please everyone teach your kids about 911 and how to use it responsabily and do so yourselves ;p

The town I use to live in in California is trying to pass a bill that will help this situation out, at least with Apartments. The police there actually love Security Guards because when used properly, they prevent them from having to be called for stupid things like someone's radio is up too loud.

One apartment I use to live in, way back in the day, the police use to receive on average of about 47 911 calls per night. So there response now is, if the law passes, if an apartment does not have security and it is not the security that calls them, the apartment's owners will be fined no less than $5000 for a first offense.

• 10 months later...

And here's another moron misusing 911.

Ore. man upset by McDonald's order calls 911 repeatedly

CLACKAMAS, Ore. - A man upset at the way McDonald's employees handled his order was charged after allegedly calling 911 repeatedly on Friday to report the restaurant had robbed him, authorities said.

Jeremy Lloyd Martin, 23, was charged with improper use of the 911 service, the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office said. He spent a night in jail over the incident.

According to a tape of the 911 calls released by Clackamas County 911, a man initially told a dispatcher that he was at the McDonald's near the intersection of Southeast Sunnyside Road and Southeast 82nd Avenue and needed help. The man said he had paid $10 in the drive-thru but only received a single burger and a fry before he was told to pull around.

"Sir, this is not a police matter," the dispatcher told him. "You need to take it up with the manager of the McDonald's."

But a person who identified himself as Martin called back demanding that dispatchers send a police officer to the scene and threatening to sue.

"This is a 911 emergency," the person said. "I got robbed for eight dollars."

"Sir, 911 is life-and-death only," the dispatcher said. "If you do continue calling 911 you will be arrested for misuse."

"Well, arrest me at (expletive) 82nd and Sunnyside Road," the caller responded. "Please send a cop right now. I swear to God all my life..."

Eventually an officer arrived after a person who identified himself as Martin had called 911 again.

Click on the link for the full article

Archived