Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Uss New York Made From World Trade Center

Chief skin

Here SHE is, the USS New York, made from the World Trade Center !

USS New York

It was built with 24 tons of scrap steel from the World Trade Center

It is the fifth in a new class of warship - designed for missions th at include special operations against terrorists. It will carry a crew of 360 sailors and 700 combat-ready Marines to be delivered ashore by helicopters and assault craft.

Steel from the World Trade Center was melted down in a foundry in Amite , LA to cast the ship's bow section. When it was poured into the molds on Sept 9, 2003, 'those big rough steelworkers treated it with total reverence,' recalled Navy Capt. Kevin Wensing, who was there. 'It was a spiritual moment for everybod y there.'

Junior Chavers, foundry operations manager, said that when the trade center steel first arrived, he touched it with his hand and the 'hair on my neck stood up.' 'It had a big meaning to it for all of us,' he said. 'They knocked us down. They can't keep us down. We're going to be back.'

< BR>The ship's motto? 'Never Forget'

Please keep this going so everyone can see what we are made of in this country

Sorry could not get the picture in

that picture looks pretty computer generated

nope...its not...although I do believe that is from before it was christened since the emblem isn't on the side yet...and the number is wrong..so I think that was a test voyage.

*edit* you may be right about that pic...since the number doesn't match. It had the 21 on it from the start.

uss-new-york.jpg

Dotty+England+smash+champange+agaist+USS+New+York+assault+ship%5B3%5D

img_0754_1.jpg

So we are attacked because of our military involvement in other countries of the folks who attacked us in the first place.

Then we use our wreckage to make a war ship, to use in those countries.

Is this come upins or irony?

It was mostly Saudis that attacked us that day and we've kept a pretty tight relationship with them despite. We even withdrew troops from Saudi Arabia a couple of years after the attacks.

It was mostly Saudis that attacked us that day and we've kept a pretty tight relationship with them despite. We even withdrew troops from Saudi Arabia a couple of years after the attacks.

I know. We pulled our troops out after the terrorists they host and fund decided to bite the hand that feeds them because we had troops there.

I was basing my comment on the pre 9/11 interview with OBL about why they will attack us.

Archived