Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What song was #1 on the day you were born

Spiritinthesky

• 1 month later...

On the day Sarah Palin was born, The Beatles were at #1 with 'I Want To Hold Your Hand'.

And on the day Sarah Palin was born - Aug 11th 1964, The Beatles made their live concert debut in the US at the Washington Coliseum. Over 350 police surrounded the stage to keep the 8,000 plus screaming fans in control. One police officer who found the noise so loud, stuck a bullet in each ear as ear plugs.

On the day John McCain was born (Aug 29th 1936), the pop charts hadn't been invented.*

The thing i don't like about this is that you weren't aware of music when you were born. We got my mom a CD of all the hits from the 40's. She was born in 1944. None of the music on the CD really spoke to her. I hate the number one hit of that day I was born. I think the more interesting thing to look up would the #1 song on the day of your 18th birthday.

The result for mine (July 30, 1956) came up (US) "My Prayer" by the Platters. I remembered one time coming across the #1 song on my birthday (forgot where I read it) before. Couldn't remember the song, but I knew it wasn't "My Prayer." I went here to a Billboard listing http://digitaldreamdoor.nutsie.com/pages/best_billbord1.html

and it came up "Wayward Wind" by Gogi Grant which was the correct one. It starts from 1950 to 2007 (US only).

Archived