Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP:A Gunner & a Target;Campbell Is Well Aware of Pressure That Comes as Skins' QB

Shilsu

I would love to see Campbell make some serious strides and improvements this year. He still deserves a bit of a break because of going throughall the different offensive systems, though I feel in the end it will have benefited him. This year should be a good year for him, but I really expect next season to be a great one for him, his second season under Zorn's coaching. One thing I know for sure is that we shoudl all support and lift up Campbell and wish him the best.

Campbell has his shot. Why cry for him if he feels pressure?

Zorn COULD have opened up a QB competition, but he went with Campbell. If a first-time head coach is putting his legacy in JC's hands, that means that someone pretty important believes in you.

The fanbase, by and large, thinks Campbell can be our QB. Some think he can be great, a few think he is a bum. The ones that think he sucks are in the minority, so let's try to not make sweeping statements about the sentiments of an entire fanbase because of a few vocal posters.

I hope this JC/Brennan debate lives on with no true winner, in that I hope they both play well as that will make us a better team. It's a luxury to have a QB with potential on the bench. No need to champion Brennan now, or to condemn him because his fans are over-zealous.

But we all want JC to do well this year. That's our best shot at success this year.

I never understand when people bring Ramsey into the discussion. What does Ramsey's win/loss record have to do with the development of Jason Campbell?

Individual QB stats are pretty meaningless when comparing QBs from different teams because the coaching, scheme and talent differences affect the stats. But, with Ramsey and Campbell, we have a pretty good fix on the coaching and surrounding talent each had to deal with. So, the stats comparison has more value.

The poster I replied to thought Campbell should be given this year and next, 48 starts overall, to prove himself. I think Jason has to improve this season (32 starts) or we should pull the plug. I used the Ramsey comparison to support my opinion. Gibbs pulled the plug on Ramsey after 25 starts even though Patrick had performed fairly well with less support than Jason has had.

His W/L record in his 6 games prior to the Chicago game was 1-5. That is also his career record against the division. He beat no teams last year that ended up above .500.

How can it be all about the wins when you don't post the correct total of wins for the season? 6 games prior my ass. Wins or not.

JC looks great in the no huddle, has shown he can make every throw and is demonstrating progress in consistency at every hurdle. He even comes across as a nice guy. What's not to like?

JC will be the starter for the Redskins for a very long time..... :laugh:

Individual QB stats are pretty meaningless when comparing QBs from different teams because the coaching, scheme and talent differences affect the stats. But, with Ramsey and Campbell, we have a pretty good fix on the coaching and surrounding talent each had to deal with. So, the stats comparison has more value.

The poster I replied to thought Campbell should be given this year and next, 48 starts overall, to prove himself. I think Jason has to improve this season (32 starts) or we should pull the plug. I used the Ramsey comparison to support my opinion. Gibbs pulled the plug on Ramsey after 25 starts even though Patrick had performed fairly well with less support than Jason has had.

Of course I respect your opinion, but I dont remember Patrick Ramsey performing well under Spurrier or Gibbs. I dont really fault him for the poor performance under the ol ball coach. And I dont remember Jason Campbell playing in Gibbs's offense at all, I only remember him in the Saunders's/Gibbs frankenoffense.

And actually, I wish we had given Patrick Ramsey more time. I think he could have played as well as 05-06 Brunell and maybe kept it up for a few more years. But now Im just speculating.

I forgot the part where the team changed receivers, o -line and team philosophy the second he went down against the Bears.

There is no discounting what Collins did. Making excuses for wins shows how pathetically narrow minded JC supporters are. End of the day, a W is everything. There is no overrating W/L period.

As far as Dilfer, I would hate to have another Lomabrdi with Collins then have him flounder the next year. It is much better to have 8-8 records but supposedly good QB play. In that specific scenario in Baltimore Dilfer was far better than Tony Banks. Here, JC has been the worst QB on the roster the 3 years he has been on the team prior to this year.

I would say he was better than Brunnell....just my opininion though.

How can it be all about the wins when you don't post the correct total of wins for the season? 6 games prior my ass. Wins or not.

JC looks great in the no huddle, has shown he can make every throw and is demonstrating progress in consistency at every hurdle. He even comes across as a nice guy. What's not to like?

JC will be the starter for the Redskins for a very long time..... :laugh:

Dont worry about Ol SoCal - hes gonna keep repeating the same stuff over and over no matter what.

I have faith in JC, I think he has the ability to be a great QB, and he has all the weapons he needs. I feel he will do awsome for us this year, but im just waiting for the season to start to see it for myself. We will have a graet year if JC dose well. And we will find out 9/4/08 against the Giants what the year will bring

No one is complaining SoCal but here are the FACTS

1. This is his 3rd Offense in 4 years

2. Yes he is a 4th year QB, but he has only had one full year as a starter under his belt. Sitting on the bench watching and actually playing games are two totally diffrent things.

Like I said, give this guy a real chance to learn this Offense and he will be a great one.

When you see SoCal..do this..:cool: You got to throw the hater blockers on..

who are the idiots calling for collins over campbell? are you kidding me? if you think that collins has what it takes to be an nfl starting qb, then look at the seatle playoff game.

there is a huge difference between an every day starter and a guy who did a good job filling in for an injured starter.

that's ridiculous.

if you would rather have collins start over campbell, please pm me your address so i can come over there and beat some sense into you.

oh and if you want to start colt over both campbell and collins, please leave your address to everyone on this board so we can all come over and beat some sense into you.

:applause: :notworthy :applause:

who are the idiots calling for collins over campbell? are you kidding me? if you think that collins has what it takes to be an nfl starting qb, then look at the seatle playoff game.

there is a huge difference between an every day starter and a guy who did a good job filling in for an injured starter.

that's ridiculous.

if you would rather have collins start over campbell, please pm me your address so i can come over there and beat some sense into you.

oh and if you want to start colt over both campbell and collins, please leave your address to everyone on this board so we can all come over and beat some sense into you.

Well said :applause::applause::applause:

A little aggressive but hey, whatever it takes to stop the colt threads, the guy has major upside but he has a loooooooong way to go.

Archived