Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darrell Green Booth at the HOF

JOhncsm

Does anyone know why DG items were not sold by the Hall of Fame? The coolest thing I saw was a booth run by his family members... it had game used cleats, gloves, Gamday Magazines, signed magazines on his career... even a Redskins Motorcycle he was trying to sell for 75K. Everything at the table was autographed... nothing for Art Monk though. What is the deal... was it like a private garage sale?

Does anyone know why DG items were not sold by the Hall of Fame? The coolest thing I saw was a booth run by his family members... it had game used cleats, gloves, Gamday Magazines, signed magazines on his career... even a Redskins Motorcycle he was trying to sell for 75K. Everything at the table was autographed... nothing for Art Monk though. What is the deal... was it like a private garage sale?

Did the motorcycle sell?

Something is better than nothing. I was reallly disapointed that Green wasn't displayed in the HOF nor did they have Green 28 shirts for sale. That directly impacted the fact that the HOF was sold out of all Redskins/Monk shirts by noon.

Green should have realized that he was not only taking money away from his foundation, but he also took away from the fan experience.

hahaha that guy will hock anything with his name on it. Definition of class- Having your family sell merchandise at the hall of fame.

Unnreal :doh:

hahaha that guy will hock anything with his name on it. Definition of class- Having your family sell merchandise at the hall of fame.

You do know that pretty much all the proceeds go to his charity don't you?

I think it's a little tacky that all these players charge for their autograph these days. I understand it is for a charity and it might be going to a good cause in the case of Green but others seem to just pocket the money. The ones I respect are the guys who will go the extra mile to sign anything for anybody and not expect a dime in return.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Guess he is running low on cash! :laugh:

I asked them specifically how much was going to charity, they said (very uncomfortably) um, none of it....

I did get some great stuff though! :applause:

DG Rookie card/patch and HOF card with auto

DG Game ending drive, NFC Championship, vs vikings auto

DG HOF Topps cards auto

DG HOF card auto

DG Super bowl card with football cut, auto x/25

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5395217#post5395217

Man, I saw the bike and took a picture but I totally missed this tent.

I have no problem with what Darrell wants to do, it was his career, his accomplishments and if he wants to sell his items to benefit his foundations or family, well, that is his business.

I was also disapointed that the Colts had a tent, yet the Skins didn't. Those were they only two knocks on what was a great weekend.

exactly. why no skins tent? danny would have made a fortune. not that I'm complaining about the wide variety of children's and XXXL redskins merch inside the hall of fame :laugh:

exactly. why no skins tent? danny would have made a fortune. not that I'm complaining about the wide variety of children's and XXXL redskins merch inside the hall of fame :laugh:
:laugh: True, and you had to wait in a 50 minute line to buy that.

I did buy the Redskins Encyclopedia at that table and had the author sign it. So far, it's pretty good although I am 10 pages in and found an error.

Saint Darrell he is not. That is all I will say. Love what he did on the field though. Have to agree w/ AdmiralWaugh.

bro - that's all you will say? why?

you and admiral obviously hate -- so, clear the air... what's the real problem you and others have with our latest HOFer?

You do know that pretty much all the proceeds go to his charity don't you?

I've seen how his chairty and philanthropic events are structrued. Trust me Darrell gets a nice cut out of the deal. On top of that he hasnt been the most pleasant as far as fan interaction goes.

On the field there were few that could do it any better. Off the field hes suspect.

Hey guys, I've been away for a while. I didn't see a Monk thread still active, so I'll post here. I just saw the Monk HOF speech in the "Redskins Breaking News" section. I loved it!!! He is a very good speaker! Some of you probably didn't like all the Jesus talk, but I thought it was fabulous! It shows the true character of Art Monk when he can humble himself and fearlessly praise Jesus in front of potential haters, who would otherwise support him.

I haven't heard DG's HOF speech yet. I wasn't too keen on hearing DG's speech. As some of you already pointed out on this thread, DG appears to be a bit self-serving. Maybe, I will get around to viewing it sometime. I'm not looking as forward to it as Monk's speech though.

Hey guys, I've been away for a while. I didn't see a Monk thread still active, so I'll post here. I just saw the Monk HOF speech in the "Redskins Breaking News" section. I loved it!!! He is a very good speaker! Some of you probably didn't like all the Jesus talk, but I thought it was fabulous! It shows the true character of Art Monk when he can humble himself and fearlessly praise Jesus in front of potential haters, who would otherwise support him.

I haven't heard DG's HOF speech yet. I wasn't too keen on hearing DG's speech. As some of you already pointed out on this thread, DG appears to be a bit self-serving. Maybe, I will get around to viewing it sometime. I'm not looking as forward to it as Monk's speech though.

Monk had a great speech. Deffinatley worth the listen. DG's speech was disapointing to say the least.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I'm kinda going out of thread here, but I need to say this: Funny how long I thought Danny was a "rip-off" artist. I learned otherwise last week at the new National's Park. A friend paid $10 for a Bar-B-que sandwich that was basically nothing (tiny roll & just a little meat) and other stuff like that. I paid $8 for a BBQ sandwich the last couple of years at Fedex and I can say I did get enough to eat with the big sandwich.

Archived