Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attn: Hawaii Skins Fans (On ES Brennan Bile)

Reaganaut

What about us non-Hawaiian Brennan fans? I don't follow college ball very closely, and I never even heard of the guy until the Redskins drafted him. But I've been into the NFL level for 40 years and I see a lot special in this guy. He just seems to have a rare, fearless, buoyant, winning instinct on the field. If I'm on defense I wouldn't want to have to face that.

yeah I am sure the Giants are shaking becasue they might face Brennan week 1...give it a rest...

I would love for Brennan to be great but until he does something in the NFL he is unproven...

Remember the hype on Ryan Leaf....how did he turn out in the NFL...does he still play??

What about us non-Hawaiian Brennan fans? I don't follow college ball very closely, and I never even heard of the guy until the Redskins drafted him. But I've been into the NFL level for 40 years and I see a lot special in this guy. He just seems to have a rare, fearless, buoyant, winning instinct on the field. If I'm on defense I wouldn't want to have to face that.

I only heard of Colt Brennan around last December. Started reading up on mock drafts and other things draft-related, and read about him. His name kept coming up again and again thru the months afterwards concerning the draft, how his stock fell, why it was high to begin with, 4,000 TDs, 80,000 yards, Timmy Chang or Tommy Chong or whoever, "terrible mechanics", "fantastic accuracy"...blah blah blah lol. When we drafted him, my first thought was "Oh, ****...that's the guy who everyone's been talking about", and I laughed :laugh:...Not because I thought he'd be bad, but just the idea that we just drafted this one player that was getting so much press.

yeah I am sure the Giants are shaking becasue they might face Brennan week 1...give it a rest...

I would love for Brennan to be great but until he does something in the NFL he is unproven...

Remember the hype on Ryan Leaf....how did he turn out in the NFL...does he still play??

Yeah I guess I shouldn't have written the "facing the Giants Week 1" part. :rolleyes:

Remember the hype on marino...how did he turn out in the NFL...did he end up a HOF player?

Hype goes both ways. Relying on hype is no worse than dismissing because of hype.

I loved what more than a few Cowboys fans were saying on their website about Colt...more than a few of them said they were pissed that he was on the Skins lol.

Good point about non-Hawaiian fans getting beaten up too. This is the water cooler talk in DC: People are glad to see a good backup who might be something special. I think on ES that people take CB talk as somehow anti-Jason Campbell. The way we go through QB's in DC he likely won't be here for long. He has also been injured. I don't think CB fans who haven't followed the Skins understand the love for JC and the... non love for CB which relates to that. I think that there may be something to the Jason Campbell crowd rejecting CB outright. Perhaps that explains the childishness of their comments.

Rejecting Colt Brennan would be like rejecting a backup FS because we have Laron Landry.

:laugh:

I must be one of the few on here who cheers on and celebrates any Redskins player who plays well, no matter who they are, no matter what the circumstances or situation. I don't need to wait until they do it in week 12 against the best team in the league and the playoffs on the line...and I can cheer and compliment a player without it meaning I think he should supplant the starter and without it meaning I think they'll have a long, productive career. It just means they played well and I'm happy about it :cheers:...

I think on ES that people take CB talk as somehow anti-Jason Campbell. The way we go through QB's in DC he likely won't be here for long. He has also been injured. I don't think CB fans who haven't followed the Skins understand the love for JC and the... non love for CB which relates to that. I think that there may be something to the Jason Campbell crowd rejecting CB outright. Perhaps that explains the childishness of their comments.

I think you might be wrong here...I like JC because he has potential and I think he good have a breakout season however I think most skins fans could care less who is our starting QB, except Tony Romo sits to pee :silly: if they could take us to the promise land.

I dont think that ALL skins fans take CB talk to = anti-JC talk...

Does pro Malcom Kelly talk = anti moss talk??

Give people some credit here. :laugh: You tell this guy to "give it a rest" like he is some newby NFL fan or a five year old? You need to give it a rest my friend. The King of the Obvious as you shall hereby known to future generations... To beat up on some nice guy who says he was impressed with a QB's performance... a REDSKINS QB for that matter... and you sack him. Shame shame shame... Intellectual honesty my man. Intellectual honesty. :laugh:

:laugh:

I must be one of the few on here who cheers on and celebrates any Redskins player who plays well, no matter who they are, no matter what the circumstances or situation.

see below...

except Romo sits to pee though :laugh:

I think you might be wrong here...I like JC because he has potential and I think he good have a breakout season however I think most skins fans could care less who is our starting QB, except Tony Romo sits to pee :silly: if they could take us to the promise land.

I dont think that ALL skins fans take CB talk to = anti-JC talk...

Does pro Malcom Kelly talk = anti moss talk??

Give people some credit here. :laugh: You tell this guy to "give it a rest" like he is some newby NFL fan or a five year old? You need to give it a rest my friend. The King of the Obvious as you shall hereby known to future generations... To beat up on some nice guy who says he was impressed with a QB's performance... a REDSKINS QB for that matter... and you sack him. Shame shame shame... Intellectual honesty my man. Intellectual honesty. :laugh:

message board = difference of opinions...correct??

and I want beating up a "super nice guy" I was stating my opinion that 1 great pre-season game doesnt equate to much...

If I insulted him, I do apoligize...

On a side note...I like CB, I hope is better than Tom Brady, however as a knowledgeable football fan, I think some fans should realize that this is pre-season...teams are rushing only their front 4, the schemes are basic and while CB had a great game you have to take into consideration that the guys on the other side of the ball were mediocre at best...

message board = difference of opinions...correct??

and I want beating up a "super nice guy" I was stating my opinion that 1 great pre-season game doesnt equate to much...

If I insulted him, I do apoligize...

On a side note...I like CB, I hope is better than Tom Brady, however as a knowledgeable football fan, I think some fans should realize that this is pre-season...teams are rushing only their front 4, the schemes are basic and while CB had a great game you have to take into consideration that the guys on the other side of the ball were mediocre at best...

Since I mention intellectual honesty here, it's true that he faced mediocre talent on the other side of the ball. He put up monster stats for a half. But... he's supposed to be a mediocre talent as well not a first round pick. If Jason Campbell went against scrubs your argument would be valid. CB was a sixth round pick going against other sixth round picks. He played well and they couldn't stop him even they did play well. He threw very accurately and threaded the needle like a much higher draft pick. So, the intellectually honest conclusion is that he is a scrub who kicked the other scrubs butts so he may not be a scrub. Right?

Archived