Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attn: Hawaii Skins Fans (On ES Brennan Bile)

Reaganaut

That is your opinion Califan. Don't read them then. I have always posted when I wanted and will continue to do so until a mod tells me not to. Thanks for the advice.

The mods will end up merging them, trust me...and it's not about whether or not I enjoy them, it's about advising them to join existing conversations instead of making their one thought into a thread.

And for the record, the mods WANT us to police ourselves, and one way they want us to do that is by doing exactly what I just did: giving advice to the newer members. Why that bothers you, I have no idea.

The mods will end up merging them, trust me...and it's not about whether or not I enjoy them, it's about advising them to join existing conversations instead of making their one thought into a thread.

And for the record, the mods WANT us to police ourselves, and one way they want us to do that is by doing exactly what I just did: giving advice to the newer members. Why that bothers you, I have no idea.

Dude, a reduced amount of Colt Brennan threads would be greatly appreciated. Seriously...

Your "advice" includes a loaded opinion of yours which is why it bothers me.

One other piece of advice: every Colt Brennan fan does not need their own thread to sing his praises lol...

You are making fun of Colt Brennan fans who start their own threads. Whether or not they sing his praises is up to them. I don't care of the mods merge threads if they want. You can ask them to merget this thread if you want. This is a different issue to me and I don't want an entire group of potential fans to get turned off because they don't have the cultural background to understand cynical east coast comments bred in a continually advancing Northeastern rudeness abyss. Being a jerk these days is like being a hero in "gangsta rap" music. I don't have to like it and will offer my thoughts in new threads when THAT is the issue. This isn't a GOSH I LOVE BRENNAN thread, it's a "hey there are jerks, don't mind them thread" to fellow countrymen who live five thousand miles from here. I hope that is clearer now.

You are making fun of Colt Brennan fans who start their own threads. Whether or not they sing his praises is up to them. I don't care of the mods merge threads if they want. You can ask them to merget this thread if you want. This is a different issue to me and I don't want an entire group of potential fans to get turned off because they don't have the cultural background to understand cynical east coast comments bred in a continually advancing Northeastern rudeness abyss. Being a jerk these days is like being a hero in "gangsta rap" music. I don't have to like it and will offer my thoughts in new threads when THAT is the issue. This isn't a GOSH I LOVE BRENNAN thread, it's a "hey there are jerks, don't mind them thread" to fellow countrymen who live five thousand miles from here. I hope that is clearer now.

Reaganaut, lighten up. Cali made his points tactfully and without rancor. Why are YOU getting so uptight about this? I hardly think some scattered "Oh God not again" posts on the abundant Colt Brennan threads around here are enough to turn off the new Skins fans who have followed CB to this team. This sounds like a large issue than just your disgust at the Brennan Bile, as you put it. You are entitled to your views and posts, just like we are. We're supposed to all be on the same team brother.

Here's another one: learn to accept advice gracefully when it's offered in good spirits. Of course, this goes for everyone here, not just those from Hawaii lol...but still, if there's no rudeness in the advice, just take what's offered and keep it in mind. :cheers:

Well... you seemed to be making fun of Brennan fans who start their own threads to sing his praises. That didn't seem graceful to me or offered in good spirits. I took sarcasm from it and I guess I am wrong. Sorry. :cheers:

Fans from Hawaii have probably never been to Rhode Island and would take strong offense when someone makes a typically rude comment to most, but not rude for RI or Boston. It is culture shock. DC is in the south and is a little more friendly than RI, but with the exodus from the north that came here in the 90's we have road rage now.

Um, question...

1. What was rude about what I said towards Hawaiians?

PS - I'm from Virginia originially... I only moved up to RI this past September.

Reaganaut, lighten up. Cali made his points tactfully and without rancor. Why are YOU getting so uptight about this? I hardly think some scattered "Oh God not again" posts on the abundant Colt Brennan threads around here are enough to turn off the new Skins fans who have followed CB to this team. This sounds like a large issue than just your disgust at the Brennan Bile, as you put it. You are entitled to your views and posts, just like we are. We're supposed to all be on the same team brother.

BigDaddy, I do get it and am really not getting uptight. I know we are on the same team brother which is why I am quite perplexed at why people are trolling threads in drive bys. I once watched an Eagles fan deck another Eagles fan in the stall at FedEx field because the guy was so obnoxious. The Eagles fan who punched him out nearly went out on the shoulders of Skins fans for doing that. I feel the same way as the Eagles fan who just got tired of very bad behavior. I've been to Hawaii and love the people. They need time to understand not be kicked in the teeth.

Um, question...

1. What was rude about what I said towards Hawaiians?

PS - I'm from Virginia originially... I only moved up to RI this past September.

Ok, you're excused. You didn't say anything rude about Hawaiians. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I singled them out because they are being targeted and "thrown under the bus" as one guy puts it.

Oh, this is Extreme Skins...I thought it was IWANTTOJACKOFFCOLT.com :jerk: ...always seem to get them confused...

Here is my one problem, I was going to make a thread but this is close to the same topic so I will just elaborate here:

I have noticed that their has been a large following of Colt Brennan on this board, which to me is great because I always welcome fans to cheer on the best team in the world...

but here is where I can see a problem, as Redskin fans (and I dont think I speak alone here) I could see a potenial problem because being a skins fan is more than just being a fan of one player...

Meaning if Colt Brennan gets cut and goes and plays for the Cowboys, who is your loyalty towards...

Redskins fans + loyalty = no brainer Skins fan 4Life...

Brennan fans + player fan = bandwagon fan = Fan of Brennans' new team

So if you are here to cheer on the redskins...:cheers: welcome to the board if not, cheer for us loudly until Colt moves on or becomes a starter...either way it goes down, all the TRUE fans will be here regardless.

Redskins fans = Best fans in the NFL

Did you see the HOF game....just checking!!

Reaganaut's just trying to good a good diplomat and host to the new fans. Having said that, we can't constantly talk about Colt here on the boards. The team is so much bigger than a 6th rounder/3rd stringer who we'll never see in real action for at least 3 years.

"Loaded opinion" lol :laugh:...

You are making fun of Colt Brennan fans who start their own threads.

No :doh:...I am making fun of ANYONE starting threads based on thoughts that easily fit into one of the existing threads. I only talked about Colt Brennan threads because 1) this is a thread about Colt Brennan and Hawaiian fans lol...and 2) seemingly most Hawaiian fans are newer members and haven't been here long enough to have witnessed what I just said.

In case you didn't know, many times mods themselves have posted in threads and said "every thought should not be a thread :) "...I'm not making up rules I'm just passing existing ones along.

Whether or not they sing his praises is up to them. I don't care of the mods merge threads if they want.

Oh good lord lol :doh:...since reading comprehension isn't your strong suit (you must have majored in overreacting), I'll spell it out in crayon: I never said do NOT praise Colt Brennan. I merely suggested they try and join existing threads and conversations before turning their thoughts into separate threads. Believe it or not, you CAN sing Brennan's praises by posting on an existing thread. It's possible. Really.

You can ask them to merget this thread if you want.

Did you think I was referring to you? lol :laugh:...Is that what all of this is about?

This is a different issue to me and I don't want an entire group of potential fans to get turned off because they don't have the cultural background to understand cynical east coast comments bred in a continually advancing Northeastern rudeness abyss.

Um...ok. lol. I'm on the "laid-back" west coast, so my particular stereotype doesn't fit into your particular stereotype, so the Hawaiian members who fall into the particular stereotype you gave them don't have to worry about what I post. :thumbsup:

Being a jerk these days is like being a hero in "gangsta rap" music. I don't have to like it and will offer my thoughts in new threads when THAT is the issue. This isn't a GOSH I LOVE BRENNAN thread, it's a "hey there are jerks, don't mind them thread" to fellow countrymen who live five thousand miles from here. I hope that is clearer now.

You DO think I was talking about you :laugh:...again, reading comprehension is a must around here.

I was not talking about ANYONE orn any ONE thread...actually, I was reminded of this piece of advice because yet ANOTHER Colt thread saying the same damn thing that 345 other Colt threads have ALREADY said was created not too long ago, and by a Brennan fan who only had 11 posts...so I thought I'd offer up the advice to all Hawaiian/Brennan fans, not just that one specific one.

Unwad the panties and back away from the keyboard for a moment. Just some advice :D

BigDaddy, I do get it and am really not getting uptight. I know we are on the same team brother which is why I am quite perplexed at why people are trolling threads in drive bys. I once watched an Eagles fan deck another Eagles fan in the stall at FedEx field because the guy was so obnoxious. The Eagles fan who punched him out nearly went out on the shoulders of Skins fans for doing that. I feel the same way as the Eagles fan who just got tired of very bad behavior. I've been to Hawaii and love the people. They need time to understand not be kicked in the teeth.

Granted, they might not get how things are here on ES, it is an adjustment no doubt about it. Who among us hasn't been blindsided a time or two after a seemingly innocuous post or thread start? I bet only those who spend very little time here can answer that question in the negative. I understand your position brother. I think maybe you might not be giving our Island brothers/sisters enough credit, that's all. Like every one of us who came here and experienced some written smackdowns before we learned how to mix it up, I am confident they will too. :)

Oh, this is Extreme Skins...I thought it was IWANTTOJACKOFFCOLT.com :jerk: ...always seem to get them confused...

Here is my one problem, I was going to make a thread but this is close to the same topic so I will just elaborate here:

I have noticed that their has been a large following of Colt Brennan on this board, which to me is great because I always welcome fans to cheer on the best team in the world...

but here is where I can see a problem, as Redskin fans (and I dont think I speak alone here) I could see a potenial problem because being a skins fan is more than just being a fan of one player...

Meaning if Colt Brennan gets cut and goes and plays for the Cowboys, who is your loyalty towards...

Redskins fans + loyalty = no brainer Skins fan 4Life...

Brennan fans + player fan = bandwagon fan = Fan of Brennans' new team

So if you are here to cheer on the redskins...:cheers: welcome to the board if not, cheer for us loudly until Colt moves on or becomes a starter...either way it goes down, all the TRUE fans will be here regardless.

Redskins fans = Best fans in the NFL

Did you see the HOF game....just checking!!

Hilarious post dude.

In my opinion many of the fans of Colt Brennan are not fans of the Redskins. The Redskins are just serving as a medium for Colt to succeed. It is this warped scenario that has me perturbed. In order for this to play out JC must fail. And as a DIEHARD skins fan this really gets on my nerves when other "so-called" skins fan root so ostentatiously for a 6th round draft pick to take over when we already have so much invested in our current starting QB.

In essence they are rooting for a crappy season or seasons so their proclamations can come to fruition. This irks me like no other, is selfish, and not beneficial to the team.

If Colt Brennan became the starter at some point would i root for him...yes of course. But right now JC is firmly entrenched as the starter and he is the one that should be recieving our support and praise.

LOL...what the thread starter is really trying to say is:

It's ok if you're a homer....just don't be a superhomer.

In other words for you Hawaii non-Skins fans...if you want to slobber over CB's sack...go to the tailgate and post it there or you will be flamed like Bush at an intellectual debate.

"Loaded opinion" lol :laugh:...

No :doh:...I am making fun of ANYONE starting threads based on thoughts that easily fit into one of the existing threads. I only talked about Colt Brennan threads because 1) this is a thread about Colt Brennan and Hawaiian fans lol...and 2) seemingly most Hawaiian fans are newer members and haven't been here long enough to have witnessed what I just said.

In case you didn't know, many times mods themselves have posted in threads and said "every thought should not be a thread :) "...I'm not making up rules I'm just passing existing ones along.

Oh good lord lol :doh:...since reading comprehension isn't your strong suit (you must have majored in overreacting), I'll spell it out in crayon: I never said do NOT praise Colt Brennan. I merely suggested they try and join existing threads and conversations before turning their thoughts into separate threads. Believe it or not, you CAN sing Brennan's praises by posting on an existing thread. It's possible. Really.

Did you think I was referring to you? lol :laugh:...Is that what all of this is about?

Um...ok. lol. I'm on the "laid-back" west coast, so my particular stereotype doesn't fit into your particular stereotype, so the Hawaiian members who fall into the particular stereotype you gave them don't have to worry about what I post. :thumbsup:

You DO think I was talking about you :laugh:...again, reading comprehension is a must around here.

I was not talking about ANYONE orn any ONE thread...actually, I was reminded of this piece of advice because yet ANOTHER Colt thread saying the same damn thing that 345 other Colt threads have ALREADY said was created not too long ago, and by a Brennan fan who only had 11 posts...so I thought I'd offer up the advice to all Hawaiian/Brennan fans, not just that one specific one.

Unwad the panties and back away from the keyboard for a moment. Just some advice :D

Ok, peace... :D

In my opinion many of the fans of Colt Brennan are not fans of the Redskins. The Redskins are just serving as a medium for Colt to succeed. It is this warped scenario that has me perturbed. In order for this to play out JC must fail. And as a DIEHARD skins fan this really gets on my nerves when other "so-called" skins fan root so ostentatiously for a 6th round draft pick to take over when we already have so much invested in our current starting QB.

In essence they are rooting for a crappy season or seasons so their proclamations can come to fruition. This irks me like no other, is selfish, and not beneficial to the team.

If Colt Brennan became the starter at some point would i root for him...yes of course. But right now JC is firmly entrenched as the starter and he is the one that should be recieving our support and praise.

You truly are living for the Burgandy and Gold!~

Well... you seemed to be making fun of Brennan fans who start their own threads to sing his praises. That didn't seem graceful to me or offered in good spirits. I took sarcasm from it and I guess I am wrong. Sorry. :cheers:

Geez lol..no, no sarcasm or hatred or anything. Just a sincere desire to offer advice to the newer Hawaiian members who have been the brunt of some of the Brennan Bile, as you put it. Hell, I've defended Colt and his admirers on many a thread. I agreed with you in my first post, actually.

However, after your last post the sarcasm came out in full effect lol :laugh:...sorry for that last post being a bit more mean-spirited. I'll withhold from responding to your response to that post until you read this one lol :cheers:...

At any rate, here's to the Skins/Campbell/Colt/Portis/Everydamnbody playing fantastic this year :cheers:...

LOL...what the thread starter is really trying to say is:

It's ok if you're a homer....just don't be a superhomer.

In other words for you Hawaii non-Skins fans...if you want to slobber over CB's sack...go to the tailgate and post it there or you will be flamed like Bush at an intellectual debate.

:laugh: Sigh...

What about us non-Hawaiian Brennan fans? I don't follow college ball very closely, and I never even heard of the guy until the Redskins drafted him. But I've been into the NFL level for 40 years and I see a lot special in this guy. He just seems to have a rare, fearless, buoyant, winning instinct on the field. If I'm on defense I wouldn't want to have to face that.

Archived