Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attn: Hawaii Skins Fans (On ES Brennan Bile)

Reaganaut

Please understand that what you read on ExtremeSkins is much different than what you hear "around the water cooler" in this city. It's been my experience for my entire life going to Skins games and getting the thumbs up when I wear my collection of Burgundy and Gold shirts that our fans are the best in the entire NFL. The crowd at the Hall of Fame game should signal to you that there's something special about Skins fans.

That said, in the past couple years - perhaps because the Skins have underperformed to the expectations of all fans - a rough edge has developed in the rhetoric found on ExtremeSkins which wasn't here earlier. I think that the mindless optimism and "rah rah" attitude of many fans expressed on posts on this board is more often attacked than appreciated these days.

As new fans to the team and seasoned fans of Colt Brennan you are likely going to express that "rah rah" attitude towards someone who brought you a lot of glory. Most Redskins fans are there cheering with you and would high five you dancing in circles on every touchdown he scores. A small minority, however, despise the "rah rah" attitude and will killjoy anything good he does simply on that basis.

Please just let it flow off your backs like the abundant rain you get in your state. If you were here, you'd see how excited people are for all the new players including your guy. Stick around long enough on ES to figure out that CB is darn lucky to be on the Redskins and not some other team. This is a class organization in it's DNA and it attracts good character people and spits out the guys who don't have it. ES is the same way.

Aloha from Washington DC!

I agree, I just don't want here Colt in every post or Thread. We all want colt to become an elite player I just don't want to here it every second or read about it everywhere. Its like the Farve thing there is a limit they'll be a new thread each time he throws the ball. Its will become ExtremeColt.

I agree' date=' I just don't want here Colt in every post or Thread. We all want colt to become an elite player I just don't want to here it every second or read about it everywhere. Its like the Farve thing there is a limit they'll be a new thread each time he throws the ball. Its will become ExtremeColt.[/quote']

I think it's a little unrealistic to expect Colt Brennan not to get a LOT of attention by fans. Yes, he may get old like Brett Favre, but people are going to talk about it whether you like it or not. People talk a lot about Tony Romo sits to pee, how'd you like to have HIM on the Redskins with all his distractions. I saw Jessica Simpson when she sang at Fed Ex field and she attracts a HUGE amount of attention. How'd you like to see threads on whether Romo sits to pee should have gone to Cabo or not? Just be happy with the CB threads, life isn't perfect. (Now... when he starts dating supermodels we may have to rethink this.)

I said this on the other thread, but I hope that many Hawaiian Colt fans will be a little more patient.

I know that many of you are diehard University of Hawaii fans, but some aren't really fans of the NFL.

Unlike the college game, Colt Brennan doesn't have only a few years to play.

If they are any good, professional QBs have a very long football career to live out, 15+ years to live out. There is nothing wrong with sitting and learning for a few years. Many great QBs in the NFL have gone through that.

We understand that Colt is the son of Hawaii, but please understand that the Redskins Organization only wants to help him grow as a professional football player. And that involves sitting and learning, even as a 3rd string QB (just like Jason Campbell did in his rookie year).

So, please be patient a little. If Colt proves himself, there will be plenty of years for Colt to shine in his career.

It would help, though, if you not suggest Colt be starter just yet lol :laugh:...

Other than that, I agree with Reaganaut :cheers:...

Three lashes with the wet noodle for you! :D I think his only chance of starting will come by attrition. Bet he sits there long enough til people forget about him. Then he will pop up out of nowhere and be great like Todd Collins.

Thanks for the post, Reag!

The unfortunate thing is there are probably only 5 of us from Hawaii whom are here on a regular basis yet when some random Colt Brennan fan claiming to be from Hawaii shows up to rile people up, all 5 of us get thrown under the bus with him.

Oh well..onward

I think it's a little unrealistic to expect Colt Brennan not to get a LOT of attention by fans. Yes, he may get old like Brett Favre, but people are going to talk about it whether you like it or not. People talk a lot about Tony Romo sits to pee, how'd you like to have HIM on the Redskins with all his distractions. I saw Jessica Simpson when she sang at Fed Ex field and she attracts a HUGE amount of attention. How'd you like to see threads on whether Romo sits to pee should have gone to Cabo or not? Just be happy with the CB threads, life isn't perfect. (Now... when he starts dating supermodels we may have to rethink this.)

It will get a lot worse before it gets any better. Let's face it Colt has some Magic and it won't end I just wish Hawaii fans would get it in their heads that we love Colt but the best thing for him is to take it easy and listen to Zorn. They want to see Colt now which is not in the right interest of the team.

I agree' date=' I just don't want here Colt in every post or Thread. We all want colt to become an elite player I just don't want to here it every second or read about it everywhere. Its like the Farve thing there is a limit they'll be a new thread each time he throws the ball. Its will become ExtremeColt.[/quote']

Dude, Colt is already extreme. Didn't you hear he tipped Jesus at The Last Supper?

:silly:

Thanks for the post, Reag!

The unfortunate thing is there are probably only 5 of us from Hawaii whom are here on a regular basis yet when some random Colt Brennan fan claiming to be from Hawaii shows up to rile people up, all 5 of us get thrown under the bus with him.

Oh well..onward

You're welcome modazfuk! You fans are really welcome here. I personally want to get patted on the back when I stay at the Hale Koa next time wearing my Skins shirts. We have an opportunity to expand the Redskins fan zone to the entire state of Hawaii so this is no small undertaking from a PR standpoint. I hate it... I really hate it that you are getting thrown under the bus. Let me know about it and I will jump in there with you and beat these people like redheaded stepchildren. People here don't understand the cultural differences between your state and the east coast of the continent. Washington DC is a great place to live and work. It is really different than Hawaii (in most respects, except for the traffic in Honolulu... ugh.) Cheers. :)

Well said. I for one am not hating on Colt. It is getting a little redundant in here with all the Brennan threads though. That SAID...

You're absolutely correct. This is an open forum with a LOT of members, and as one of our large crop of rookie draft picks he is going to garner a bunch of attention. Simple fact. Like many others who may or may not be getting tired of CB this or that threads, I can choose to ignore them and read/post in others. At the end of the day he is a Redskin, and I have nothing but high hopes for his career in the B&G.

It will get a lot worse before it gets any better. Let's face it Colt has some Magic and it won't end I just wish Hawaii fans would get it in their heads that we love Colt but the best thing for him is to take it easy and listen to Zorn. They want to see Colt now which is not in the right interest of the team.

That one dude who started the trade Colt thread is not indicative of Hawaii fans who know a little something about how the NFL works. We've said all along that we just want him to make the roster. Time will take care of the rest.

I think it would be best for everyone to just not take it all so seriously and stop addressing fans from Hawaii like there is a line drawn in the sand.

I'll even propose we start discriminating against Rhode Island Redskins fans. I mean, we're the smallest state in the Union and in the heart of Patriots territory. We are the biggest bandwagoners of them all.

Plus - we're easier to squash. Colt has a large following in most all states. There's only 6 of us here... one good napalm and *poof* we're ghosts.

I think it would be best for everyone to just not take it all so seriously and stop addressing fans from Hawaii like there is a line drawn in the sand.

I'll even propose we start discriminating against Rhode Island Redskins fans. I mean, we're the smallest state in the Union and in the heart of Patriots territory. We are the biggest bandwagoners of them all.

Plus - we're easier to squash. Colt has a large following in most all states. There's only 6 of us here... one good napalm and *poof* we're ghosts.

My living room's larger than RI. One good cherry bomb and *poof* :D

(Balls City, I wasn't talking about you making a rude comment.)

Fans from Hawaii have probably never been to Rhode Island and would take strong offense when someone makes a typically rude comment to most, but not rude for RI or Boston. It is culture shock. DC is in the south and is a little more friendly than RI, but with the exodus from the north that came here in the 90's we have road rage now. I've lived here my entire life and have watched it. For that reason I adress them openly. I'd tell all you Yankees to go back to the exit you came from on the Turnpike, but there are too many of you now here in this area. Giants fans steal my Skins banners without any fear of retaliation because there are so many of them... UGH! :laugh:

Great post. :cheers:

I think that after the initial shock of us (Hawaiians) spamming the board with Colt stories everyone seemed to mellow out.

It took some understanding on both sides which I believe has happened. I'm glad that a few of you learned a lot about Colt and share some love for him now.

It's refreshing to see 'Colt' posts actually started by someone not from Hawaii. :silly:

Only love you all. :point2sky

One other piece of advice: every Colt Brennan fan does not need their own thread to sing his praises lol...add your thoughts/comments/compliments into existing threads and existing convos that are already taking place.

That is your opinion Califan. Don't read them then. I have always posted when I wanted and will continue to do so until a mod tells me not to. Thanks for the advice.

Great post. :cheers:

I think that after the initial shock of us (Hawaiians) spamming the board with Colt stories everyone seemed to mellow out.

It took some understanding on both sides which I believe has happened. I'm glad that a few of you learned a lot about Colt and share some love for him now.

It's refreshing to see 'Colt' posts actually started by someone not from Hawaii. :silly:

Only love you all. :point2sky

Cool bruddah! I want to drink a Mai Tai with you on the beach one of these days! :cheers:

Welcome all new fans! I, for one, am not aboard the Colt Brennan bandwagon. However, I love and welcome all new fans to the Washington Redskins fanbase. If you stick w/ us for one full season, you'll probably discover that your love for the team will far outsurpass your love for one player. Are you guys able to catch games there?

Archived