Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer McFanboy: the legend of colt

themurf

As previously noted, Redskins fans have quickly found a place in their heart for rookie quarterback Colt Brennan.

Maybe it's because he broke 30 records during his time at Hawaii or maybe it's because he sounds like a kid who knows how to have a good time. Either way, 'Skins fans are more vocal about Brennan than any team has ever been about a third-stringer QB.

When Todd Collins threw his first incomplete pass during the Hall of Fame game (on 3rd and 4 during the team's first drive of the second quarter), more than just a few Redskins fans at Fawcett Stadium let it be known that they'd rather see Colt in the game.

By the time Brennan actually got onto the field, you would have thought Rudy was finally getting a shot to play for Notre Dame by the ovation he received. And of course, Colt had a strong showing -- completing 9 of 10 passes for 123 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Redskins bench warmers to a victory over the Colts scrubs. I joked after the game that a couple more outings like this and the 'Skins might have the first-ever back-up quarterback controversy.

Since he's quickly becoming one of the most talked about players on the roster, I decided to track down Brennan to find out exactly what this kid is about.

Click here for full article.

RFK would get pretty hyped up when Babe came again against the future grocery baggers.

Hey...The Babe was a god against those future grocery baggers!! :)

I still remember the signs at RFK "Save the Babe" after the media reported that Laufenberg was going to be cut any day.

If Colt lights up Buffalo, he will own this town (at least until the real season starts).

I seem to recall Babe Laufenberg having some fans back in the day.

That's pretty funny. Before we recorded Skinscast last night we were talking about the love being shown to The Colt and the only name we could come up with that was even close was The Babe. Nicely done.

A few nice passes with horrible mechanics still doesn't do me in. It was versus 3rd and 4th stringers and others who won't even make the regular season squad.

He did have a nice showing, but he still isn't a quality starter.

A few nice passes with horrible mechanics still doesn't do me in. It was versus 3rd and 4th stringers and others who won't even make the regular season squad.

:doh: You know want I don't get is people saying that. Like he had Cooley, Moss, Thomas, ARE, and etc on his side. He was also throwing to 3rd and 4th stringers as well.

Edit: And one more thing - he can have the horriblest throw in the league and keeps on throwing TDs. I hell won't care and don't care!!!

The baby takes a few steps and sits down.

Do you say - good job! get up and try again!

or

You stupid kid, you'll never learn how to walk.

What do we want? Do we WANT to see a great QB developed to play for the Skins?

If so, that might happen sooner with a little encouragement.

:point2sky

:doh: You know want I don't get is people saying that. Like he had Cooley, Moss, Thomas, ARE, and etc on his side. He was also throwing to 3rd and 4th stringers as well.

Yeah, I was at the game, I know who he was throwing to. There were some beatuiful throws, exactly where they needed to be, and also some great hands on the receivers that caught them.

He is a quality backup, I never said he wasn't, but the overflow of man love for a guy that had a nice showing against NFL backups is sickening.

I was very impressed with his showing, I was very skeptical of him coming into the game, and he proved me wrong for that game.

There are 4 more preseason games to go to see what he has to offer, but until he gets in with some of the starting offense and defense, then I will still stand by my opinions.

"Our backup is better than your backup" is how quality starters are developed. One game doesn't convince me either but hey, it's how Tony Romo sits to pee got his start.

The baby takes a few steps and sits down.

Do you say - good job! get up and try again!

or

You stupid kid, you'll never learn how to walk.

What do we want? Do we WANT to see a great QB developed to play for the Skins?

If so, that might happen sooner with a little encouragement.

:point2sky

I'm all for Hawaii adopting the 'Skins. I was in Maui back in May and would gladly go back - especially if I knew there were bars showing Redskins games.

"Our backup is better than your backup" is how quality starters are developed. One game doesn't convince me either but hey, it's how Tony Romo sits to pee got his start.

Hit the nail on the head.

Brennen is too overhyped for just one half of one preseason game. I have hope for him, hell, he is a Redskin, but I am also a realist, and he is still a 6th round pick that did well with and against a bunch of nfl non-starters.

He is a quality backup, I never said he wasn't, but the overflow of man love for a guy that had a nice showing against NFL backups is sickening.

Hey man it's simple, the chicks dig him and the guys want to be like him.

Sort of like Murf...

"Ever since Mr. Snyder took over they've gotten a great reputation as far as being one of the best football franchises in the NFL, so I knew I was headed to the right place when I got drafted here."

:rotflmao:

That was my "favorite" part of the blog as well. Colt knows who butters his bread.

Hit the nail on the head.

Brennen is too overhyped for just one half of one preseason game.

The hype isn't just because of one half of a preseason game.

Most everyone knows about what he did in college, but many were skeptical because perhaps it was the system that made him look good rather than it being he who made the system look good.

After Sunday, people are now thinking it may be the latter.

The hype isn't just because of one half of a preseason game.

Most everyone knows about what he did in college, but many were skeptical because perhaps it was the system that made him look good rather than it being he who made the system look good.

After Sunday, people are now thinking it may be the latter.

College success does not always equate to success in the NFL.

Most of the college hype is from Hawaii, I am not sure why people still buy into it, because what matters is what they do on the field in the NFL, so that is from the one half of a preseason game.

"Ever since Mr. Snyder took over they've gotten a great reputation as far as being one of the best football franchises in the NFL, so I knew I was headed to the right place when I got drafted here."

:rotflmao:

It is funny he says this now but before the draft he really wanted to go to the Bears. :doh:

Archived