Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Iraq Banks Billions in Surpluses, GAO Says

ccsl2

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/05/AR2008080502493.html?hpid=topnews

"Iraq's oil income will more than double this year, even as Baghdad continues to spend only a small percentage of its own money on reconstruction and services while it banks billions in surplus funds, according to projections by U.S. government auditors.

Between 2005 and 2007, only 10 percent of Iraq's expenditures went toward reconstruction, with just 1 percent spent on maintaining U.S. and Iraqi-funded investments in roads, water, electricity and weapons, according to a report released yesterday by the Government Accountability Office. Even when Baghdad has allocated larger sums, the report said, it has spent only a small portion of the budgeted money."

:doh: :doh:

In the words of Cartman, "That totally sucks a**."

Why can't they hire their own security forces again? Why can't they rebuild their own roads? Why can't they pay terrorists welfare to keep them from killing people?

Why is american tax money being used for this?

It just makes you go HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Why can't they hire their own security forces again? Why can't they rebuild their own roads? Why can't they pay terrorists welfare to keep them from killing people?

Well we did kind of invade their country just to tell them how to run their ****

Gotta love corruption. I thought Iraqi oil was supposed to pay us back for the war. Whomever is profiting need to be thrown in jail. This is criminal. 33 ****ing million to finance a hotel at Baghdad International Airport? But don't you jsut love how the media never really gives you the important facts. Who owns this hotel, who do they know in congress, and who's greasing who?The sad thing is, corruption these days is so rampant, I don't think you have to know anybody personally, just know someone that knows "someone". How long are we as citizens going to allow our leaders to play with our money likes it ****ing Monopoly? I think we need take a much harder line towards corruption. Corruption should be considered treason, and punishable as such.

Kudos to that judge I saw on 60 Minutes month's ago that had to flee Iraq for taking a hard line on corruption. I can't believe I forgot his name. I have lost all faith in the persons which constitute our government.

P.S. Anybody that thinks Obama or McCain is any different from the rest of the **** pile is clearly delusional. It's sad that our "best and our brightest" have never truly led our country.

Gotta love corruption. I thought Iraqi oil was supposed to pay us back for the war. Whomever is profiting need to be thrown in jail. This is criminal. 33 ****ing million to finance a hotel at Baghdad International Airport? But don't you jsut love how the media never really gives you the important facts. Who owns this hotel, who do they know in congress, and who's greasing who?The sad thing is, corruption these days is so rampant, I don't think you have to know anybody personally, just know someone that knows "someone". How long are we as citizens going to allow our leaders to play with our money likes it ****ing Monopoly? I think we need take a much harder line towards corruption. Corruption should be considered treason, and punishable as such.

Kudos to that judge I saw on 60 Minutes month's ago that had to flee Iraq for taking a hard line on corruption. I can't believe I forgot his name. I have lost all faith in the persons which constitute our government.

P.S. Anybody that thinks Obama or McCain is any different from the rest of the **** pile is clearly delusional. It's sad that our "best and our brightest" have never truly led our country.

??????????

They should take all the surplus and give it to the families of the soldiers who died during this war and to help support the thousands of wounded. I know they wont but it sure would be a nice gesture. Those men and women died giving them freedom and it is the least they could do.

They should take all the surplus and give it to the families of the soldiers who died during this war and to help support the thousands of wounded. I know they wont but it sure would be a nice gesture. Those men and women died giving them freedom and it is the least they could do.

If by "soldiers" you mean Iraqi soldiers, maybe they would do something like that.

I'm not worried.

The Iraqis are going to make $2 trillion in oil profits over the next few years, and pay us back in full for our total projected war costs. Actually, many of those payments will just go right to China. Problem solved. Nothing to see here. It will all work exactly as BushCo promised. Move along, citizen.

Iraq also will find a way to resurrect the 4,000+ (and counting) brave Americans who died in service of their country. And once Iraq is done establishing their government throughout all of Iraq, they're going to come over here and help us rewrite our Constitution to eliminate petty anti-Freedom nastiness like balance of powers, separation of church and state, habeas corpus, and all inconvenient provisions of the Bill of Rights.

Better Iraq, better America, more Freedom. All we have to do is the impossible!

Madness.

10B a month spent by American's to rebuild Iraq while we're in debt. Iraq is stilling on 80B and we're still footing the bill?

They should AT LEAST be paying for the next 8 months with that surplus.

They can pay Haliburton to stick around and protect them from Al-Queda and Iran.

1. We've killed too many of them.

2. We've killed too many of them.

3. We've killed to many of them.

4. The Bush admin wants to kill us. (Google "Haliburton concentration camps" if you think I'm kidding)

4. The Bush admin wants to kill us. (Google "Haliburton concentration camps" if you think I'm kidding)

Wow I didn't think people could be that dilusion, but I learn new things everday.

Oh. My. God.

Moving on.

Now that this story is out in the open, I think there's going to be more pressure put on Iraq to take over more responsibility in funding their reconstruction and military...as there should be.

I suspect this is already you're homepage, but if not here's something to keep you amused for YEARS

http://rense.com/

Archived