Extremeskins

Skins.com : Portis Willing to Play; If Called Upon

CRobi21

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=37512

News & Notes: Portis Ready...If Called Upon

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

August 5, 2008

Walking off the practice field on Tuesday morning, Clinton Portis was asked if he was going to play in this Saturday's preseason game against the Buffalo Bills.

"Ouch, I just twisted my ankle!" Portis said with a mischievous laugh.

Interpretation: Portis does not expect to play.

Fake injury aside, does Portis expect to play in a game at all during the preseason?

"I don't feel the need, but if coaches want to see me [play in a game], I'm all for it," he said.

After suffering a shoulder injury in August 2006, Portis has not been shy about his preference to not play in preseason games.

He did not play in the Redskins' 30-16 win over the Indianapolis Colts last Sunday in the Hall of Fame Game. It was the first of five preseason games for the Redskins.

Jim Zorn has said that he wants Portis to get some playing time--albeit on a limited basis--in preseason.

Portis was asked if his in-season conditioning is affected with limited action in preseason.

"I'll probably get tired the same time as everyone else," Portis replied. "Until you go out and play a whole game, you might have a [baseline] to recover quickly. Coming out of halftime, you might be super fresh or it might take you a minute into the third quarter.

"But at the same time, I need to be well conditioned and prepared to play a whole game when they call my number. So what I have to do is try to show coaches everything I can when we're in practice. "I can do extra running out here, just for conditioning, but it's hard to simulate games."

I'd like to see what the people who say "Portis is a Prima-Dona" have to say about this one?

:cool:

Translation:

Mason looked very good.

I am the most overpaid player on the team.

Mason has a similiar running style as I do, and he could probably replace me, and save the team a lot of money, that they could use to improve other areas.

Please don't trade me. I like my relaxed gig here.

Translation:

Mason looked very good.

Mason has a similiar running style as I do, and he could probably replace me, and save the team a lot of money, that they could use to improve other areas.

Translation: I really don't like Portis all that much,(and boy that should the Portis fans going).

Translation:

Mason looked very good.

It's a little scary that there's really people out there that are this stupid.

Translation:

Mason looked very good.

are you serious right now?? so now ur gonna have a super man crush on mason, and betts while ragging n ****ing about portis?? come on man, get real, betts is exactly what he is, a decent #2 that has major fumbling problems. he'll never be a legit #1 in the league, why u think he signed such a cheap extension with the skins?? so he could keep carrying portis's jock

From MCD5....

Translation:

Mason looked very good.

Clinton Portis is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We had the answer running on our field all season. My man crush on Betts kept me from seeing the truth.

NICE SIG, bhwhahahhahaaaa(Morris Day style)

Translation:

Mason looked very good.

I don't know McD5, Rock made Betts look expendible on Sunday. He better take advantage of the starts this preseason. We could get rid of Betts and keep Mason.

But we wouldn't want to see you get too upset. :laugh:

Translation:

Mason looked very good.

That's pretty harsh. What's your basis for your opinion?

Translation:

Mason looked very good.

Haha. Mason replace Portis? You sir are halarious.

People, a little perspective here.

Portis = starting RB listed at least top ten in the league.

Betts = valuable backup RB

Mason/Rock = two guys fighting for the number 3 RB spot. What Mason did was propel himself ahead of Rock. Nothing more or less. When he can do the same thing against a good starting NFL defense, then you can re-evaluate.

I hope McD5 knows that Mason was running against players that won't even make the Colts practice squad. Let's get back to the discussion at hand..

CP never wants to play in preseason but always says he'll do what's asked of him. This is not news. Play him for one set of downs in the final preseason game and park him until we get to the Meadowlands.

Archived