Extremeskins

AP: Lawyer: Adam 'Pacman' Jones fabricated story about shooter

tr1

Ruh-ro.

:laugh:

4:01 PM Tue, Aug 05, 2008

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

From the Associated Press:

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- The man accused of shooting three people outside a strip club after a melee involving NFL player Adam "Pacman" Jones says he's not guilty of attempted murder and other charges.

Arvin Kenti Edwards' lawyer on Tuesday accused Jones of falsely identifying Edwards as the shooter in the February 2007 shooting outside the Minxx strip club during NBA All-Star weekend in Las Vegas.

Lawyer Jeffrey Segal says Jones wanted to get reinstated to the NFL and waited months before making a deal to get felony charges against him reduced to a misdemeanor.

Segal says Jones "fabricated" a story naming the 29-year-old Edwards as the shooter.

The judge set trial for March 2, and set bail at $2 million.

Isn't this old news?...I could have sworn I read another article about how the guy said Jones falsely accused him. I guess his lawyer saying it is a new wrinkle lol...either way, I'm sure Goodell won't exactly be pleased. It makes it harder to approve Pac Man's reinstatement when stories like this keep popping up.

First time it's been presented in court.

So...his defense is to blame someone not on trial.

That's shocking.

I don't know what the hell happened in Vegas. But I am certain that if I was defending Edwards' date=' my number one strategy would be "Blame the Crazy NFL Player."[/quote']

Shawn Andrews? Hahaha Low blow.... Jk

Ruh-ro.

:laugh:

4:01 PM Tue, Aug 05, 2008

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

From the Associated Press:

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- The man accused of shooting three people outside a strip club after a melee involving NFL player Adam "Pacman" Jones says he's not guilty of attempted murder and other charges.

Arvin Kenti Edwards' lawyer on Tuesday accused Jones of falsely identifying Edwards as the shooter in the February 2007 shooting outside the Minxx strip club during NBA All-Star weekend in Las Vegas.

Lawyer Jeffrey Segal says Jones wanted to get reinstated to the NFL and waited months before making a deal to get felony charges against him reduced to a misdemeanor.

Segal says Jones "fabricated" a story naming the 29-year-old Edwards as the shooter.

The judge set trial for March 2, and set bail at $2 million.

Don't know if you bothered to read the entire article but the prosecutor has another witness along with jones who ID the shooter

Don't know if you bothered to read the entire article but the prosecutor has another witness along with jones who ID the shooter

Right.

First, we're expected to believe this guy threatened Pacman's family for money...and now, you want us to believe that Pacman's buddy isn't covering up for Pacman.

Question: Why did Pacman pay money to this guy when all he had to do was report him to the police as the shooter?

All of you saying that Jones ID'd the guy and so did someone else, why did Jones only ID the guy after he was assured his charges would be reduced to a misdemeanor? HMMM, kinda reminds me of another defensive player who copped to a lesser charge of obstruction in Atlanta, cough Ray Lewis cough. Pacman is no less involved in this shooting than RayRay was in the Atlanta incident.

Right.

First, we're expected to believe this guy threatened Pacman's family for money...and now, you want us to believe that Pacman's buddy isn't covering up for Pacman.

Question: Why did Pacman pay money to this guy when all he had to do was report him to the police as the shooter?

Because Pacman either paid him to take the fall or to do the shooting.

Archived