Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help with how to get to games... Always taken Landover shuttle bus...

GoSkins8921

I've always taken the shuttle buses from Landover, but yea no more of that so now I have a lot of questions about what to do and hopefully y'all can help me out.

I know there's the whole walking from Morgan Boulevard way, I wouldn't really mind that, but my cousin says he's not walking all that way when he goes to the games so at least for the games he goes to, I need another way.

I also know there are cash lots, but that's pretty much all I know about them. How much are they? How early will I need to be(I've heard that if they're full when you get there you're kinda ****ed)? Do you walk from them or is there a shuttle? How far is the walk if you walk, closer or further than Morgan Boulevard? If there are shuttle buses, how long after the game do they run? Basically I just want as much info as possible about it.

Also, my cousin said he's heard about parking at the Verizon Center... Is there a shuttle from there or something, or do people just park there to get on the metro at Metro Center?

Then of course I know there's parking passes. My cousin has season tickets so I'm assuming he'd be able to buy one right? He's in section 419 so I'm sure that affects what lot he can get and how much it costs and everything. How much would that cost and how far would the walk be?

Basically we want something cheap(like the Landover shuttle buses were $10) and for the games my cousin goes to he doesn't want to have to walk. I'm ok with walking from Morgan Boulevard if that's the best way though so I could just end up doing that for all but the Saints, Steelers, Cowboys, Giants if that's way cheaper than anything else. If the cash lots or something is way easier and not much more expensive then I'll probably go ahead and do that for all the games.

So yea, thanks for the help guys, I guess I'll be trying out a new way on Saturday haha.

I know there's the whole walking from Morgan Boulevard way, I wouldn't really mind that, but my cousin says he's not walking all that way when he goes to the games so at least for the games he goes to, I need another way.

This is an honest question, and by no means am I trying to be cute or funny here. But is your cousin disabled? I ask this because I could easily see someone who is disabled/pregnant/elderly/injured, etc., having a difficult time with the walk from the Morgan Blvd station.

But if he's able-bodied and even remotely close to your age, it's very walkable, and it will save you a fortune on parking. Personally, I love tailgating and I wouldn't take the metro or a shuttle for that reason alone. It's pretty much impossible to lug a grill, food, coolers, etc., on the metro or on a shuttle. But if you're accustomed to taking the metro and the shuttle, and you're both able-bodied, then going to Morgan Blvd shouldn't be a problem.

Sounds like your cousin has his mind made up about this, but it may be a much shorter walk than he even realizes.

That walk takes about 15 minutes walking at a normal pace. It goes by fast too since there are lots of other people walking. I mean, unless your cousin is disabled like Larry Brown mentioned, then there shouldn't be a reason against walking.

Guest peele
Cahs lots are never full if you show up on time. I think its increasing to $40 from what I read on another thread. You could park at the mall for free. Walk isn't bad. But don't get towed...

I paid $25 at a cash lot last year. It was right at the stadium. $40 is ridiculous. I would walk a couple miles before I pay $40. I have walked almost that far before. The one close to the stadium (can't think of the road it was on)wasn't full and was easy getting in and out of. Always concerned about getting towed when I park somewhere and do not pay. Been lucky so far I guess. Getting a parking pass this year.

The walk from Morgan blvd is actually great

You are walking with a whole **** load of redskins fans, and all you see in the distance is the huge Fedex field sign, slowly getting closer and closer...Lol i know its just a walk, but before a game it is an exciting moment walking up to Fedex field, especially a night game when you see all the lights

Trust me dude, its not a hard walk, unless your cousin is in crutches

I come from Jersey for my 2-3 games per year so Landover was by far the most convenient way. How is car parking at Morgan Boulevard? More crowded then Landover? Less? Same? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have no idea what the parking situation is like at Morgan Blvd, but if necessary, you can drive to any metro station that has a parking lot and then just take the metro to Morgan Blvd.

I have no idea what the parking situation is like at Morgan Blvd, but if necessary, you can drive to any metro station that has a parking lot and then just take the metro to Morgan Blvd.

Thanks Larry. Can I get from Landover (orange line) directly to Morgan Boulevard (blue)? If so, that would be great!

Thanks Larry. Can I get from Landover (orange line) directly to Morgan Boulevard (blue)? If so, that would be great!

Yes, take the orange line from Landover to the closest station that connects to the blue line(I think this is L'Enfant Plaza, but could be wrong... looking at the metro map it's very easy to tell) then get off the train and get on the blue line train towards Morgan Boulevard.

Morgan Blvd is about half a mile from the stadium....the same distance as the nearest Metro stop to RFK, which never seemed to cause concern!

Uhhh. No. Stadium-Armory is right next to RFK. The distance from the escalator to the parking lots of RFK is maybe 1/5 of a mile if not less.

Yup. From Landover head in the direction of Vienna and switch to the blue line at Stadium-Armory (home to our triumphant RFK) station in the direction of Largo Town Center. Morgan Blvd. is the second to last station.

The walk...

45045776yw3.jpg

Mark my words... stop at any metro station, and take it to the blue line. Make sure you switch to the blue line at some point, and take it to addison road. they have free charter buses waiting to take you straight to the stadium. It may not be the fastest, but it's definitely the easiest. hail.

Uhhh. No. Stadium-Armory is right next to RFK. The distance from the escalator to the parking lots of RFK is maybe 1/5 of a mile if not less.

I was gonna say, if it's the same distance as Stadium-Armory to RFK then people exaggerate the hell out of the distance.

The walk from Morgan blvd is actually great

You are walking with a whole **** load of redskins fans, and all you see in the distance is the huge Fedex field sign, slowly getting closer and closer...Lol i know its just a walk, but before a game it is an exciting moment walking up to Fedex field, especially a night game when you see all the lights

Trust me dude, its not a hard walk, unless your cousin is in crutches

The walk to the match is indeed quite enjoyable, and it isn't hard to get a sense of Skins matchday atmosphere, not just from the looming bulk of the stadium in the distance but from passing the numerous tailgate parties in the outer car parks once you've entered the stadium compound. Also, if you're in the 400's and use the express escalator regularly, that escalator is just a bit less than a quarter-turn clockwise round the stadium once you actually get there.

For a faster trip, when you leave the Metrorail station, cross over to the right-hand side of the boulevard and walk on that sidewalk.

In the past, leaving the match I would take the buses to Landover...now I'm going to need this pre-season to practise using Morgan Boulevard for the trip back (hopefully they'll open the usually-no-access station rest rooms for matchdays, like the Landover staff did the past couple of seasons).

Mark my words... stop at any metro station, and take it to the blue line. Make sure you switch to the blue line at some point, and take it to addison road. they have free charter buses waiting to take you straight to the stadium. It may not be the fastest, but it's definitely the easiest. hail.

Wow really? That sounds way better than even Landover.

Archived