Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great deal from ticket office for Saturday's game

Toe Jam

I'm not going to take advantage of this but I figure some of you might be interested...

I just received this email from the Redskins:

The first home game of the 2008 season for your Washington Redskins is this weekend and we want you here!

August 9th, 7pm ET

A very limited number of great seats recently became available for our pre-season opener against the Buffalo Bills on August 9th at 7 PM. These seats are located in our Club Level and are only $250 for two seats. This offer includes a premium parking pass* and wristbands to our exclusive Tailgate Club**. The retail price of this package is between $700 and $1200 based on seat location.

Call the Redskins today at 301-276-6800 to purchase tickets.

*Limit one parking pass per account

**Quantity of Tailgate Club wristbands will match the quantity of seats purchased

I think this really sucks as a season ticket holder... They make us pay full face value for tickets, parking, everything, then go out and pull this crap just to get rid of their excess inventory. And don't believe the old "these tickets have recently come available" BS either... These are club level tickets that have not been sold and are not under contract. If they sell at these prices for the general public, they should take care of their loyal season ticket holders and offer the same discounted prices.

The best is when they say tickets are EXTREMELY limited (typically before a Cardinals or Lions game) and then send you three more reminders during the week, including a second-to-last e-mail to warn that this is your FINAL (I mean it this time!) chance.

I thought that seemed a little fishy as well.

I think season ticket holders have every right to be pissed.

But really this thread was just to inform those who wanted really good seats at a decent price. Once you throw in the tailgate passes and the parking pass, you get more than your moneys worth.. even if it is preseason.

The best is when they say tickets are EXTREMELY limited (typically before a Cardinals or Lions game) and then send you three more reminders during the week, including a second-to-last e-mail to warn that this is your FINAL (I mean it this time!) chance.

This reminds me. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I figure it's better to ask this question here rather than start a thread about this. But can someone tell me how to get e-mails such as the one above sent to me? I am on the season ticket waiting list, but I NEVER get an e-mail like that. Maybe they don't have my e-mail address, although I'm sure I gave it to them. How can we check on our waiting list status, verify our e-mail address, etc?

I'm paranoid about this because I signed up for the season ticket wait list at the (now closed) Ballston Redskins Store back in Spurrier's first season, but somehow the guy at the register botched it and didn't enter me into the system. Two years went by with me assuming I was on the list, only to find out the genius didn't actually sign me up. So I signed up (again) when I discovered I wasn't actually on the list.

This reminds me. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I figure it's better to ask this question here rather than start a thread about this. But can someone tell me how to get e-mails such as the one above sent to me? I am on the season ticket waiting list, but I NEVER get an e-mail like that. Maybe they don't have my e-mail address, although I'm sure I gave it to them. How can we check on our waiting list status, verify our e-mail address, etc?

I'm paranoid about this because I signed up for the season ticket wait list at the (now closed) Ballston Redskins Store back in Spurrier's first season, but somehow the guy at the register botched it and didn't enter me into the system. Two years went by with me assuming I was on the list, only to find out the genius didn't actually sign me up. So I signed up (again) when I discovered I wasn't actually on the list.

Should be the wait list. Sign up online.

But can someone tell me how to get e-mails such as the one above sent to me?

So you read the part about registering online or calling them.

However, if the TO has ever had a current email address for you, you'd probably know it by now b/c they seem to email most of us on a weekly basis throughout the year.

As far as the single game ticket offers, you can usually call the TO in the days and weeks leading up to home games to purchase tix at face value. The emails are mere reminders of ticket availabilty, and not the "rare and exclusive" offers the TO claims them to be.

Single game tix probably won't be available for Dallas or Pitt.

so i signed up for the waiting list, a couple months ago, and this year I get a call saying I can buy club level tickets

What's the difference between those and what you guys are waiting 5 years for?

The difference is that the Club level tickets are outrageously expensive. Some upper level tickets are as little as $44 face. You'll probably continue to get periodic emails about Club level offers.

So i signed up for the waiting list, a couple months ago, and today I get a call saying I can buy club level tickets.

What's the difference between those and what you guys are waiting 5 years for?

the club seats are premium tickets. They're available to anyone who's willing to pay for them, whether you're on the wait list or not. As long as the general admission seats are sold out, a game is sold out by NFL standards. So even though some club seats remain unsold, the Skins' long-running sellout streak is intact.

So the seats they contacted you about are significantly more expensive than the general admission seats, and you can have them if you're willing top pay the premium price.

But if you want the regular, general admission seats, you have to wait 'til your number is called.

The difference is that the Club level tickets are outrageously expensive. Some upper level tickets are as little as $44 face. You'll probably continue to get periodic emails about Club level offers.

Oh thanks.

I thought they were all ridiculously expensive. $44 a game does sound worth waiting for.

You said you signed up at a store. Sign up on-line.

I did sign up online after two years of believing I was already on the wait list. I originally signed up at the Redskins Store in '03, then in '05 I realized they didn't actually sign me up, so I signed up online.

The weird thing at the store was the guy at the register asked me if I wanted to sign up. I wasn't even planning on doing it that day, but since he asked I said ok and gave him my info. But whatever he did didn't work.

Archived