Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Blog Network @ Redskins Camp (MERGED)

redskns21

Mosley talking with Cooley - check this part out on Mosley's latest post:

For those of you who get uncomfortable when I discuss non-football topcis, Cooley expressed displeasure with teammates who don't fight through injuries. He hasn't missed a single practice during his time with the Redskins, and he's shocked that other players remain on the sideline with minor injuries. Cooley said he could definitely use surgery on his right knee, but he wouldn't even think about getting it done during training camp.

Damn. Cooley needs surgery? I wonder who he was refering to. I think its easy to point the finger at someone. I like Cooley but come on...who would not want to play. I'm sure its the coaches taking precaution.

I'm thinking the same thing...although the player probably has ultimate say over whether or not surgery takes place, I doubt any player goes off and gets surgery done on a whim.

Cooley, as many other players in the NFL need from time to time, needs to probably have his knee scoped.

Cooley, as many other players in the NFL need to keep their mouth shut from time to time regarding teammates. Since one day he may need to have his knee scoped...

there i fixed it for you :)

Cooleys a leader of this team, and hes just letting all the sissy young players know that all the vets are practicing with these same injurys so suck it up and play. You see all the injured player with these semi minor injuries are all young players in its 1st year or 2

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-2-31/The-World-According-to-Cooley.html

The World According to Cooley

August 5, 2008 6:37 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

"The thing I like about Coach Zorn is that he's upfront with our schedule and all the practices," Cooley said. "So many times in the past, we were left guessing. He would omit some details on purpose."

The one thing that was gnawing at Cooley on Tuesday was the fact that so many players are missing practices. He claimed to have a torn meniscus and a cyst on an old meniscus. He also said he had cartilage floating around underneath his knee."

"I could have surgery right now," he said. "But I can't stand to miss a day. I'm blown away with some of the injuries that are keeping players off the field."

He spared receiver Devin Thomas (hamstring), but he's worried about what's going on with several other players.

He cut off the interview at that point. I guess he needed to save a little material for the blog.

click link for full article

If you watched the team scrimmage and the HOFG, you would have never guessed. Cooley is a fighter and can fight through things because of his passion and appreciation for the game, injured rookies don't have this yet. Cooley is and always will be my freakin hero :)

Guys Guys Guys, he said he has had this injury for a while. This wasn't a recent injury, he is just saying that he has fought through this "injury" and that all of these other players seem to be going down like flies. Thats all.

but you can fight through an injury all you want. Eventually biology will win out and you can no longer walk on torn ligaments without your leg just collapsing under you. I hope he can get through the season though and then have it looked at. Frankly I wish he had done something during the offseason. I would have rather not known about this. :doh:

Veteran leadership right there. Cooley is the man. The youngsters need the Vets and team leaders to call them out and tell them how it is supposed to be. Today's NFL isn't anything like the NFL of yesterday. In the 80's we didn't have our star RB scared of playing in a preseason game or rookies who thought that they were finished when they signed there contracts before doing a damn thing on the field. A little pain never kept real men from lacing the boots, straping on the helmets and pads and getting after it. I swear I think theres a major problem with the kids today and how they think, yea I know Im only 33 but thats besides the point. We need to hear things like this from our true Redskins. You all need to see what the message Cooley's saying here and not worry about his little knicks and bruises. If in the 80's the players sat out of practice or didn't play because of little things we never woulda won any superbowls. Cooley is a stud

Archived