Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sorry To Shawn Springs

DRSmith

I think I have been wrong about the dedication and enjoyment he has in this game, watching him after the interception returned for the touchdown and he was probaby the most excited guy on the sidelines.

Who knows maybe he is helping to coach up these rookies and takes pride when the excel

I had to watch the highlight again several times on NFL.com to make sure that was him lol...because he was absolutely ecstatic after the INT for the touchdown. I thought it HAS to be a rookie and I'm seeing the jersey number wrong :laugh:...Nice to see that type of enthusiasm from Springs, even over "meaningless" games :applause:...

they all just seemed to be having so much fun

Yep, and it was quite amazing to see. The veterans were all right there on the sidelines watching the young guns on the field, and congratulating them when they came off. Jason Taylor, Andre Carter, Springs, Cooley, Griffin, Portis.

I have a very, very good feeling about Zorn, and I'm not talking about this year, I'm talking about the next 10. There could be growing pains, but he is looking more and more like the right man for the job in our return to glory

I think Zorn and Springs have a special relationship leftover from Seattle. They hugged after the game was over, shown on a clip from Comcast. Also, Zorn mentioned in is PC that the veterans have been providing a lot of encouragement and learning responsibility. It gives the coaches, especially Zorn, time to focus on other things. Great to hear the team is continuing to come together and Springs is a part of that.

:2cents:

I'd like to apologize to Shawn as well. I've been down on him ever since he got here and pretty much gave him zero credit for anything. Since he's been healthy (ie 2nd half of last year) he's been pretty money. Now he's going through training camp at 100% and it really excites me.

lol....quiet as kept, Shawn Springs is the best corner on this team. It's been that way since he's been here. He just needs to stay healthy........most fans that really don't understand the x's and o's probably have their opinion based on scores and season records....but the football savy can enjoy his technique, fundamentals, and attention to detail....he's very consistent

I think this view of Shawn is partly due to the fact that last year must have been a really hard year for him. His father, his wife, his team wanting him to take a pay cut, Sean's passing, etc. All those things, especially the family things suck the life out of you. I don't think you were wrong last year. Last year, he probably was very down and his enthusiasm was dried up. He had a lot of reality to work through.

It's good to see that he rekindled the fire.

Did anyone see Shawn hug Zorn at the end of the game. I thougth that was pretty awesome and the players really seem to love Zorn. I wonder if the defense is happy that we might have an offense that will take chances and start putting up points so they dont always have to bail us out.

Archived