Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favre Picture

fuji869

Here's some stats for all the Favre haters that I heard this morning. I know everyone is getting sick of him and I am also, but saying he sucks or is overated is insane.

Packers 16 years before Favre gor there

15 QB's started a game

0 Division Titles

1 Playoff appearance (1982 beat the Cards, then lost to the Cowpukes)

16 years during Favre's tenure

1 Starting QB-250 some straigt starts

7 Division titles

11 Playoff appearances and 1 SB win

Stick that in your Favre hating pipes and smoke it.

Here's some stats for all the Favre haters that I heard this morning. I know everyone is getting sick of him and I am also, but saying he sucks or is overated is insane.

15 QB's started a game

0 Division Titles

7 Division titles

Just because he did so much in the past doesn't mean he can completely wreck and destroy a team's focus. That's like saying someone who leads a really good life and donates a lot to charity, etc, can kill a person one day because he's done so much good in the past. This isn't about balance. If you do something bad it's bad, you don't get to eliminate it with good.

15 QB's started a game

0 Division Titles

7 Division titles

Mike Holmgren deserves the credit for turning the Packers around from a 3rd tier franchise between the early 70's and early 90's and what they've become since 1992 a hell of alot more than the drama queen.

As for Favre's abilities. He WAS a great QB in the 90's and his place in the HOF is not in doubt. However, even taking away his absolutely inexcusable behavior these last 5 years and sticking to on field play, Favre has been more hype than anything else. Despite all his years in the league, he still chooses to trust his arm and make horrible decisions instead of demonstrating an ability to read and attack defenses. Something a great QB like Dan Marino adjusted to doing in the latter half of his career after tearing up the NFL on sheer talent for the first decade or so of his career.

I'm going to enjoy watching his career flame out in New York and I won't feel a bit sorry for him. He's made this bed and now he can sleep in it.

Archived