Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yankee fans - cross your fingers . . .

Heisenberg

LMAO!!!

You had respect for a guy that

a) Didn't whoop anyones tail

B) Wasn't even man enough to remove his catchers mask - real tough guy I'm tellin ya

I'm no huge fan of A-Rod but that claim is hilarious

Stop ruining my happiness! I was a happy kid then! I don't remember the fight anyway,I was 12 or 13 when it happened.

Who the **** is a bandwagon Yankee fan at this point anyway? They haven't been a legitimate threat in 4 years and haven't been a dominant team in almost a decade.

The same people who are Cowboy bandwagoners despite the Cowboys not winning a playoff game in a decade? Not saying this applies to you...your situation sounds legit enough. But it's preposterous to suggest there aren't plenty of bandwagon Yanks fans.

I was mainly curious how Skins fans in particular become Sox or Yanks fans. On the surface it seems odd to me, but I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate reasons out there. By nature, Skins fans are kind of an anti-bandwagon team in my opinion, which makes it all the more curious that Skins fans would root for the Sox or Yanks.

Me, I'm a die-hard fan of the worst team in baseball and DAMN PROUD OF IT! :laugh: Go Nats!!

Guest sith lord
Who the **** is a bandwagon Yankee fan at this point anyway? They haven't been a legitimate threat in 4 years and haven't been a dominant team in almost a decade.

But they're almost guranteed to be in contention every year.

I've never met one, but I wonder if there is a Cowboys/Yankees/Celtics/Canadiens fan out there?

Apparently the singer Meatloaf is a Yankee/Cowboy fan. I heard that once. I thought, geez, how effing original is that.

Even more bandwagon-ish than the Celtics, at least in my opinion, is the Lakers. To me they are the quintessenital bandwagon NBA team.

Apparently the singer Meatloaf is a Yankee/Cowboy fan. I heard that once. I thought, geez, how effing original is that.

Even more bandwagon-ish than the Celtics, at least in my opinion, is the Lakers. To me they are the quintessenital bandwagon NBA team.

I was thinking 17 titles to 13, but you may be right because of Kobe, the lights and glitz of LA and they've won more titles recently then the Celts. Also, I probably should have said Red Wings instead of Canadiens, because the Habs haven't won one since 1993, even though they have the most.

But they're almost guranteed to be in contention every year.

Contention for what? The ALDS? Their last moment of being a contender was the epic collapse/chokejob in '04 to Boston in the ALCS. The giant payroll is starting to mirror the Redskins in past seasons: bnig name free-agents and large contracts that equate into disappointing results (i'm sure any REAL Yankee fan would agree with me that anything less than a World Series appearance translates into a "mediocre" season).

...and for the record, I am no Sox fan. I root for the hometown Nats and have been a Mariners fan for several years (thanks to Ichiro):applause:

What part of Largo/Landover are you from?

Damn Rince, you have a baby and get all cranky:)...How many Yankee games have you been to this year? I have been to 14 O's games and I live in Assburn.. I've even been to 3 Gnats games too..

Here's a better one when was the last Yankees game you attended, just sayin..:cheers:

Damn Rince, you have a baby and get all cranky:)...How many Yankee games have you been to this year? I have been to 14 O's games and I live in Assburn.. I've even been to 3 Gnats games too..

Here's a better one when was the last Yankees game you attended, just sayin..:cheers:

1994. My point about Largo is, that's where the Skins play. You seem to feel you have to be from where the team is to cheer for them. That means ONLY people from D.C. or Largo should cheer for the Skins and everybody from MD should cheer for the Ravens. :puke:

I have been to exactly 1 Capitals game in the past 20 years, should I be considered less of a fan? How about when I lived in Denver for 2 years - should I have traded my loyalities because I lived 2,000 miles away from the east coast? I'm not cranky, I just get tired of people questioning my fanhood because my team has a rich history or because I don't live in my team's backyard.

And for what its worth - even if I lived in NYC I probably wouldn't go to more than 1 or 2 games a year.

This from Brian Cashman: Chamberlain has what is being described as rotator cuff tendinitis. He will be rested for “about a week” and then start a throwing program after being evaluated again.

He will return to New York.

Just for your own reference: “tendinitis” is a nice way to say he has a little tear in his rotator cuff.

Joe Girardi said before the game he was optimistic Joba would play again this season. But a rotator cuff issue is nothing to mess around with. Don’t expect to see Chamberlain any time soon this season, if at all.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2008/08/06/game-114-yankees-at-rangers-joba-on-dl/

Archived