Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yankee fans - cross your fingers . . .

Heisenberg

So how do all these Skins fans become Yankee or Red Sox fans? I'm not hating, I'm just curious. Seems like most Skins fans would be Nats or O's fans. Is it a bandwagon thing? Just curious...

The DC/MD/VA (seems like especially VA) Area seems to have a generation of bandwagon Sox and Yanks fans... No DC team, poor O's and ESPN's constant jocking may be factors.

There was a poll a year or so ago in the tailgate regarding baseball affiliations on the board and I believe the O's won. :cheers:

I like this Alberto Gonzales kid we (Nats) just got from the Yanks organization, for what it's worth...
Alberto Gonzales? Well, hell, he was so bad as Attorney General, guess he wanted to try something else. Goodness knows he couldn't be a worse ballplayer than he was as AG. :laugh:

So how do all these Skins fans become Yankee or Red Sox fans? I'm not hating, I'm just curious. Seems like most Skins fans would be Nats or O's fans. Is it a bandwagon thing? Just curious...

Well, I'm a Texas Rangers fan because I adopted the franchise back when they were the Washington Senators. After 40+ years of following them thru feast and famine...well, mostly famine, there's no way I could bring myself to root for any other baseball team, Nats or no Nats.

Besides, what team out there is more exciting to watch than the Rangers right now from an offensive standpoint? I mean, look at Josh Hamilton, need I say more?

P.S. Who gives a flying f!ck about Joba? Marlon Byrd's two-out bottom of the ninth grand slam is the story out of that game. Give the man and the Rangers their due.

Well, I'm a Texas Rangers fan because I adopted the franchise back when they were the Washington Senators. After 40+ years of following them thru feast and famine...well, mostly famine, there's no way I could bring myself to root for any other baseball team, Nats or no Nats.

Besides, what team out there is more exciting to watch than the Rangers right now from an offensive standpoint? I mean, look at Josh Hamilton, need I say more?

P.S. Who gives a flying f!ck about Joba? Marlon Byrd's two-out bottom of the ninth grand slam is the story out of that game. Give the man and the Rangers their due.

Rangers fan, huh? wow, it's not too often that a Skins fan and Boys fan have another team in common. :D

Please. Allow me to hate for you: Wonder if all the Redskins Yankees fans became football fans in the 80's or if the Redskins Sox fans became baseball fans in the last 3 years.

Amazing how many Red Sox fans there are now that they won a world series. :rolleyes:

You know it is possible to like a team without it having anything to do with them winning . . .

Like say your father and grandfather were Yankees fans when you were growing up and always took you to Yankee games? Kind of like they took you to Redskins games . . .

Yep, you can bet on it :)

:bsflag: That's some serious bull****, and you know it Spiff. I've explained it so many times (on this board) I don't feel like doing it again. Besides, I shouldn't have to justify my fandom, just like I shouldn't have to be accused of being a bandwagon jumper just because my team is better than yours. :mad:

but seriously, its convienent to root for a team thats won 26 world series...dont get all pissy either, just wondering...:cheers:

Fair enough. However, I'm not sure how much 22 titles (at the time) means when you're like 5 years old and start rooting for a team because your father and grandfather like them and you go to a lot of games.

I became a Red Sox fan when Varitek got in a fight with The-Rod and whipped his tail.I hated the Yankees so much and had all the respect in the world for Tek and it made perfect sense to cheer for Boston :)

I became a Red Sox fan when Varitek got in a fight with The-Rod and whipped his tail.I hated the Yankees so much and had all the respect in the world for Tek and it made perfect sense to cheer for Boston :)

LMAO!!!

You had respect for a guy that

a) Didn't whoop anyones tail

B) Wasn't even man enough to remove his catchers mask - real tough guy I'm tellin ya

I'm no huge fan of A-Rod but that claim is hilarious

Archived