Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Smith to Dallas?

DeMarco Murray 29

The Panthers would be nuts to trade away one of their best players, but as a Boys fan I would take him in a second...TO on one side, Smith on the other with Witten going across the middle.....that trio would cause DC's across the league allot of sleepless nights

If that happend's the trio would only last till week 4 when you play the skins. Landry is going to hit TO very very hard, legs may be broken. Then your back to a double thret, instead of a trio!!

:dallasuck

Where does Dallas get all this money to even be open to acquiring these players. Didn't they commit something like $250 million in new contracts and extensions in the offseason? Smith has to be one of the highest paid WRs in the game. At what point do they hit cap hell?

Good question. I though Jerry Jones was collecting welfare checks. Where in the world would he be able to come up with the money :laugh:

Just curious-why are Skins fans here worried about my team getting another top flight receiver?

Really-flashback to that playoff game last year-we had Glenn AND the Giants had a decimated secondary. But we couldn't muster much on O, why? B/c you saw how the lack of athleticism on the OL hurt Dallas' O over the long haul.

I think you greatly underappreciate the poor WR play in the playoff game.

We had Glenn? You mean the smallish, speed reciever who likely still can't pass a physical 8 months later. His was a shell of himself and a poor option by any standard.

TO used his hyperbolic chamber and vodoo magic and returned faster than most any other player could. He was still likely no better than 80%.

It wasn't an accident the Boys ran MB so much in the 1st half. Their known WR weapons (TO & TG) were damaged and Crayton/Hurd just weren't ready/able to fill their shoes. Leaving Witten as really the only receiver for the defense to really have any major concerns. A major reason why there is such hope F. Jones can add a new dimension to the Boys passing attack. The ability to bring an explosive weapon out of the backfield that will require defensive attention.

Archived