Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Malcolm Kelly has surgery

SkinsHokieFan

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Kelly Undergoes Knee Surgery

Rookie wide receiver Malcolm Kelly underwent arthroscopic knee surgery Monday to remove loose particles in his left knee. Kelly, who team sources expect to miss about two weeks, had the surgery at the Andrews Institute in Pensacola, Fla.

Kelly, who was taken by the Redskins with the 51st pick in the second round of the April draft, had been dealing with a hamstring injury and, in recovering from that, began to feel some stiffness in his knees, according to Jim Zorn.

Kelly tore an anterior cruciate ligament in junior high and had arthroscopic knee surgery during his sophomore year at the University of Oklahoma.

well.. at least we'll get to see what he can do still in the pre-season...

obviously though, knees are going to be a career issue.

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing regarding long term. I think he is going to be a great player for us but his knees have been an issue for a long time and apparently still are. Of course this is no big deal, just removal of some loose particles, but I just hope it doesn't end up as a chronic thing.

I was just reading some other thread on here about Kelly, and now i'm confused!?!

I thought Kellys' career was over.

*sarcasm*

Sarcasm noted.

I do think there is a gamble in taking a pick that could have a career long reoccuring injury. We did the same thing with Rocky. I just don't see the upside to rolling the dice like this. I haven't seen Kelly play yet though, so hopefully I can be calmed down by that.

Same surgery Randle El had, and he got back pretty quick. He looked pretty damn good in the game yesterday, might I add, torching the defense for a deep TD reception in the corner of the end zone. If a knee scope can get Kelly to do that or to jump on a fade route, I'm all for it.

It's a good thing they went to have it looked at, or it could have turned into a ligament, like an ACL or something and then his career would have really been :censored:. Two weeks isn't a very long time - he might get in during the last couple of games of the preseason.

Get well soon, Malcolm. And you, too, Devin. :helmet:

Guys, for those of you who think this is ok, he has had issues since he was in JUNIOR HIGH.

I have a very bad feeling about his knee. I have a feeling he turns out like Lavar with a chronic knee injury. I want the guy to succeed bad, but he needs to turn successful 14+ game seasons for me to think this is nothing big.

I just hope that Kelly and his knee can show up and be strong. Because I wanted Limas Sweed in the draft, and just hoped that Kelly's knee(s) would be fine. I hope he comes back stronger than before and learns the best way to take care of that knee week in and week out.

Archived