Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell was perfect yesterday

Burgold

Campbell did look good, and I know Preseason play calling != regular season, but I still felt even having not seen much of practice that they were about 80% predictable on run vs pass. The one play that caught everyone off guard was that long strike to moss after he had been hit the play before. Cooley looked REALLY good out in space too. I'm so excited for the season to start.

True, he did take a sack but I really don't see what else he could have done with it. I'm not even sure he was finished his dropback before he defense was all over him.

Sometimes taking a sack and not trying to fling it out into the middle of the field IS a good thing. It isn't like coaches tell their QBs to never take a sack. Sometimes it's necessary.

I just watched that play again. The DE's were on him from both sides. Even Madden said he didn't have a chance.

Remember the big, loopy windup Campbell had in 06? Looks to be completely gone now!

He was zipping that ball right out of there! His throwing motion is now as quick as anyone's. Even the sack cannot be pinned on him - that was a breakdown in blocking. He did as well as anyone could expect.

Thank You Zorn!

Remember the big, loopy windup Campbell had in 06? Looks to be completely gone now!

He was zipping that ball right out of there! His throwing motion is now as quick as anyone's. Even the sack cannot be pinned on him - that was a breakdown in blocking. He did as well as anyone could expect.

Thank You Zorn!

He looked so much more comfortable. Moved quickly, threw quickly. He looked like a new QB in there. I just hope its a permanant and a good change!

Yes JC looked great. That's because is just that, a great qb in the making. Zorn's touch is visible already but all the credit in the world to JC who is performing the task set before him with his God-given abilities. After all, it doesn't matter how great a teacher someone is, if the pupil isn't capable of performing, all is for naught.

HAIL

You noticed that too!! And that one time where he sneezed a few moments before the opening kickoff...WTF was that all about?!?!

Just wait...all the kool-aid drinkers will start making excuses for JC..."So he sneezed, big deal! Maybe he has hayfever, ever think of that?"...

I don't even once remember Tom Brady sneezing. You'd think by his fourth year in the league sneezing would be under control. That was a rookie sneeze if I ever saw one.

The redskins have been a really good team for years. They've been great on defense, and they've had a lot of potential on offense. Gibbs suffocated this team by holding it back from a schematic and philosophical point of view. I had a feeling this team would immediately improve on offense just with a new head coach that was willing to be more aggressive, and it's starting to show already. Let Campbell do what he can do, and we'll be really good.

Suffocating the team? Are you serious!!!

This team was built by Gibbs, taken to the playoff twice by Gibbs, and still has the Gibbs running game. How can you say that he suffocted them when he built a winner from the ground up? If anything he prepared them to learn how to win so Zorn can fine tune some things like Cambell's mechanics. I'm glad our offense looked good for the first preseason game, but let's not jump the gun here. I'm glad we came away relatively injury free from the first preseason game which was not the case in two preseason games with Gibbs. (Jansen 04', Portis 06') Let's give Zorn credit without bashing the man that actually built the sqaud.

Just wait...all the kool-aid drinkers will start making excuses for JC..."So he sneezed, big deal! Maybe he has hayfever, ever think of that?"...

I don't even once remember Tom Brady sneezing. You'd think by his fourth year in the league sneezing would be under control. That was a rookie sneeze if I ever saw one.

Tom Brady could be injected with influenza then run through the North Pole wearing nothing but a t-shirt and not sneeze once. This sneezing issue will become a major issue for us sooner rather than later. And I'm sure I don't have to remind you of how JC's voice was completely out of tune when he sung along to the National Anthem last night. And this guy is our starting QB??

Actually, Jason Campbell's QB rating was 157.0...

How did you figure that? Plug his numbers into this QB rating calculator: QB Rating Calculator

Tom Brady could be injected with influenza then run through the North Pole wearing nothing but a t-shirt and not sneeze once. This sneezing issue will become a major issue for us sooner rather than later. And I'm sure I don't have to remind you of how JC's voice was completely out of tune when he sung along to the National Anthem last night. And this guy is our starting QB??

How did you figure that? Plug his numbers into this QB rating calculator: QB Rating Calculator

I got 157.0833333 when I used that calculator lol :)...No doubt he got docked some points for sneezing. :mad:

Damn it..if he didn't sneezed, he could of got 158.3 :mad:
Dammit. You're right. I forgot to type 'sneeze' in the 'miscellaneous' box when I did the calculation. User error, my fault. Well this gives him room to grow.

:laugh: :laugh:

On the plus side, how nice is it that we're having a debate about whether our starting QB had a rating of 158 or 157 lol :cheers:...

Archived