Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why I love Al Michaels

DeccanSkins

Who was the player of the game for today's 30-16 win over the Colts?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the player of the game for today's 30-16 win over the Colts?

• QB, Colt Brennan
    • QB, Jason Campbell
    • RB, Marcus Mason
    • RB, Rock Cartwright
    • DE, Rob Jackson
    • LB, Khary Campbell
    • CB, Matterral Richardson
    • S, Chris Horton
    • P, Durant Brooks

I love Al Michaels as a play by play guy, and much of his charm can be attributed to the little things he says which are sometimes hard to catch, but are pretty funny or insightful.

During the HOF game tonight, he was talking about the subterfuge that goes on with NFL injury reports and compared getting an accurate report to "accessing Amnesty International's website in Beijing." I thought that funny, and I respect his balls in calling out the Chinese government on national TV, especially considering that NBC is the broadcaster for the Olympics.

So here's to Al! :cheers:

During the HOF game tonight, he was talking about the subterfuge that goes on with NFL injury reports and compared getting an accurate report to "accessing Amnesty International's website in Beijing."

Yep, this is a great example, well caught. Al is one of the all-time greats, IMO. His play-by-play is really good, but it's the stuff he says between the plays that puts him at the top.

I guess you missed his little quip about how old Zorn will look if we go 5-11.

Other than that, I have always liked the guy and felt that he likes the Skins. He did say hail to the redskins tonight in the end.

Are you kidding me. It's called a joke..my god if every comment about the Redskins isn't 100% positive...keyword IF.

Archived