Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Redskin is next into the Hall Of Fame?

TheRhino

I would like to see Dexter in it! Howie Long is in it and Dexter has better stats. Of couse, Howie has been a poster boy for the NFL and Dexter has a checkered past but having a checkered past didn't prevent LT and Michael Irvin from getting in.

Someone from the Hogs has to be in! This was one of the the most, if not the most, dominating lines in NFL history and no one is in. That's crazy. I would love to see Russ Grimm get in.

I would also like to see Gary Clark and Jack Kent Cooke get in

I am really hoping the veterans' committee votes in Chris Hanburger. 9 pro bowls and Defensive Player of the Year honors..........the Redskins defense was consistently in the top 10 if not top 5 from 1971-77.

I'm in complete agreement here. Chris deserves it more then any I can think of.

4914ch.jpg

Christian G. Hanburger, Jr. (born August 13, 1941 in Fort Bragg, North Carolina) is a former American footballlinebacker in the National Football League who played his entire fourteen year career with the Washington Redskins from 1965 to 1978.

Right out of high school, Hanburger joined the Army. Years later, he accepted a scholarship from the University of North Carolina, where he played college football. From 1962 until 1964, Chris played for the Tar Heels on offense, at the center position, as well as on defense, as an outside linebacker. During his stay at UNC, Hanburger was named the All-Atlantic Coast Conference center as both a junior and senior. In 1963 he helped lead his team to the Gator Bowl and an ACC Championship.

As a pro he was considered as one of the best linebackers of his era and was elected to the Pro Bowl nine times during his career, the most in Washington Redskin history. Despite this, he has yet to be nominated or inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I'd have to go with one of "The Hogs" (primarily Grimm and/or Jacoby), or Hanburger.

Gary Clark should be considered too, seeing as how we were always told how much more dangerous he was and how much D-Cordinators worried about him more than Monk. :D

agreed,both hogs should make it and peter king should use his anti-Monk logic for years in favor of Clark...plus Clark blows away Swann's numbers and is close to Irvin...and has rings.

Chris Hanburger # 55 aka The Hangman.

Chris was one of the best linebackers to ever play in the NFL.

Bill Belicheck says when he was with the Colts and Ted Marchibroda they use to tell all the linebackers to copy Chris Hanburger , he was known as the best linebacker in the game in the 60's and seventies.

If they don't put Chris in the hall of fame they shouldn't have one.

His credentials are better than 3/4 of the LB'ers that are enshrined.

He is being snubbed because he was " media unfriendly" when he played, he was more a loner than anything else, he didn't socialize with his teammates either.

If your a crackhead, a felon, or horrendous role model to children you get in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

If your a class act, professional, hardworking, and one of the best too ever play your position you dont get in.

RUSS GRIMM will be the next Redskin to enter the NFL Hall of Fame. I've always felt that losing Super Bowl 18 to the Raiders cost Joe Theisman his chance to enter the Hall.

With respect, even if we had beaten the Raiders I can't see Joe T even getting a sniff. The Hogs gave him huge time to throw and opposing defenses game-planned around stacking the line agains 30+ carries for Riggo. I'm a pretty well-accomplished homer, but I don't think he belongs in the same chapter as Sonny, or Tarkenton, or Montana, or Moon, or--and I hate to admit this--even Aikman.

While we're at it, DEXTER is seriously under-rated--probably because of the ban and because he tended to say 'interesting' things, like "I'm going to ring Joe Montana's clock." But look at his sacks/game stats and ignore the off-the-field problems...He DOES belong at least in the same paragraph as Long (a media darling) and Dean (who spent part of his career as a situational player).

Grimm is definitely over due. A strong case could be made for Lachey, he was considered the best left tackle in football for 3 or 4 years, he was better than or equal to Zimmerman. If special teamers ever get considered, Brian Mitchell and Mike Nelms could get some votes.

Grimm is unquestionable in my mind. Jacoby and Bostic aren't far behind.

Hanburger's problem is that he was a LB, and it appears to be very hard to get into the HOF at that position.

Clearly, Bruce Smith will be inducted and we should not cast him aside. He still sported the B&G and even came from our region.

Jason Taylor is hardly a shoo-in when you consider what Monk went through. Let's allow him to finish writing his history before we enshrine him. If we're lucky it will be the best chapters he has to tell.

I agree that Chris Hanburger should be in and maybe he can get in the way that Emmit Thomas did- that senior way? Hanburger was unreal and he earned his way in. We need Sam Huff and others to start passing the word to the media about Hanburger. Show the voters of the Hall old tape on how he played. He was a hell of a tackler and could rush the passer by blitzing. It would be great too if some of the Hogs made it in there too.

Honestly, and this makes me very very sad to say, but I'm guessing no more of the 80's skins get in. :( Would LOVE to see a Hog in the HOF. But now that there is sufficient representation (Gibbs, Riggins, Art and Darrell) I think that the HOF voters are going to find reasons not to put in another 80's Skin.

There was nobody in the 90's.

Taylor will go in (if/when he does) as a Dolphin.

So, the players that could go in are probably on the team. In 15-20 years. :( :(

The Hogs for sure ...

How about the TEs?

Chip Lohmiller ... wasn't he a premium kicker at one time?

There's only one full time kicker in the hall, Jan Stenerud, so I can't see Lohmiller getting considered. Morton and Gary Anderson, Jason Elam and even Mark Moseley (One time offensive player of the year) and in the future, Vinatieri, could be possible candidates.

Archived