:doh:

Redskins...Fight for ole D.C." Maybe this is a reflection upon the

:2cents:

youth of our fans, which is great, whether your a young skin or an

:2drunks:

old vet check the link learn the song. Hail

:point2sky:

http://www.thehogs.net/Flash/httr.html

Good idea! I have a couple of questions about the words posted in that link. I always thought it was "Hail to the Redskins, hail victory." Your listed words say "Hail to victory." Which is right?

What's up with the "Rah, rah, rah" after "sons of Washington." I've always sung and heard those around me singing "Fight, fight, fight!" Are there two different versions?

Yea I was really surprised after the giants game a few years ago. We got on the metro bus(my brother's a giants fan) and a woman said "Aww, poor you, you're on the wrong bus. We're singing te song." Then once they closed the doors and started going we all sang it and after "Fight for ol' D.C.!" everybody stopped and I was just kinda :wtf:. The woman that was like leading it was like "Yea I don't know that other part, I don't think ANYBODY really knows that part" and laughed.... I was like um I do and sang it and tried to teach some people. It was kinda funny cause I was like 13 or 14 at the time haha.

Oh and for the questions about hail victory and rah rah rah, here's the lyrics as they're known to true fans and as they're sang at FedEx Field:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail victory!

Braves on the warpath!

FIGHT FOR OL' D.C.!!!!

Run or pass and score, we want a lot more.

Beat em, swamp em, touchdown, let the points soar.

Fight on!

Fight on!

Til you have won,

Sons of Wash-ing-ton,

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail victory!

Braves on the warpath!

FIGHT FOR OL' D.C.!!!!

And here are the lyrics as they are to people who look them up on the internet and have never been to a game lol:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail victory!

Braves on the warpath!

FIGHT FOR OL' D.C.!!!!

Run or pass and score, we want a lot more.

Beat em, swamp em, touchdown, let the points soar.

Fight on!

Fight on!

Til you have won,

Sons of Wash-ing-ton,

Rah! Rah! Rah!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail victory!

Braves on the warpath!

FIGHT FOR OL' D.C.!!!!

Dont blame it on age, my 11 yr. old daughter knows all the words from start to finish!

Ask Pez, he tested her at the Dallass game last year and was very impressed at her upbringing :D

Agreed with OP though, everyone should know the song, everyone that calls themselves a fan anyways.....

Dont blame it on age, my 11 yr. old daughter knows all the words from start to finish!

Ask Pez, he tested her at the Dallass game last year and was very impressed at her upbringing :D

Agreed with OP though, everyone should know the song, everyone that calls themselves a fan anyways.....

haha :D yea I'm pretty proud to say that I had the whole song taught to my nephew by the time he was 5 :D

ii have one version where they say "hail hail hail"

I guess to each their own. I'll just be happy if people know the verse instead of just the chorus.

Also, every other version of HTTR is "rah rah rah", which I think is correct. Fight is just something brought in as of recently.

Been a Skins fan for 40 years, it's always been "rah, rah, rah" to me. Now, my daughter and I will be at the Bills game Saturday night - should we be prepared to say "fight, fight, fight"? LOL!!

Either way - we're singin'!

yes its RAH! RAH! RAH! i already know it, and have since i was 6 years old myself.

OP thanks for the link and keep it up for a long time! Im going to bookmark it and play it watching away games after every score!

HTTR Forever!

Been a Skins fan for 40 years, it's always been "rah, rah, rah" to me. Now, my daughter and I will be at the Bills game Saturday night - should we be prepared to say "fight, fight, fight"? LOL!!

Either way - we're singin'!

At games it's definitely fight. Rah sounds retarded to me, but that might just be cause I'm so used to fight.

I got a bathroom on the club level to do it after we beat Dallas last year, in time with the music on the PA system. I also led the endzone by the pirate ship at the '06 Bucs game. That time, a good 300 people backed me up.

I try to educate the silent fans by loudly going through every verse along with the band whenever we score. I'm hoping I won't need to do that this season back up in the nosebleeds.

Archived