Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Memories from last season...

BuddyLeeGhostHunter

Winning the first game of the season against the Dolphins felt great. Overtime wins are always great.

The Giants game was very entertaining. I loathed the ending though.:laugh:

I took my mother and lil' sister to the Lions game. Man, what a butt-whoppin'! Carlos even took one in. My momma' felt bad for the Lions.

Another close one with the Cardinals, almost too close. I loved Fletchers score though.

The Philly game was equally exciting and disappointing as the Giants game.

I don't think I'll be at another game like the Buffalo one. Not a dry eye in the house. Very passionate game even though we lost.

Whew! That Chicago game was the coldest. If you didn't move your feet they would literally stick to the metal stands.:doh: Great win for Todd. I enjoyed Yoder and Betts score.

The Dallas game was not the best game of the year for me. However, I always enjoy giving them a beating. Stopping that run all day was most excellent. Santana's play was remarkable.

I'd say the Bears game was my favorite. JC went down and I thought "****, 5-11." But everybody stepped it up. Loved the big run from CP, the hit from LaRon(even though it was a penalty lol), the TD from BIG MIKE, Shawn's picks. Then Big Mike outside the players' parking lot posing for pics with the game ball haha.

Beating Philthy on MNF. The ESPN Sportsnation thing had every single state voting for philly to win that ****. Captain Chaos' TD, ST's big hit, and of course Landry's game ender.

Blowing a 17-3 half time lead at home against the then 0-2 Giants. Scoring 0 in the second half. Getting stopped 4 times on 1st and goal with time running out. And, to boot, launching the Giants to the first of 6 straight wins and their amazing run to the Super Bowl win.

Of course, the Sean Taylor stuff is special in it's own right, and that should go without saying for all of us. That said, the 12 men on the field challenge in the Vikings game was pretty cool. After making a mistake at the end of the Bills game, Coach Gibbs once again proved that he was one of the smartest coaches out there. I'm real big on outsmarting your opponents, and we did that on that night. Honestly, I can't think of one other coach that would have picked up on that, and then would have thought to challenge it. That in itself was one of the biggest reasons we went to the playoffs last season.

With that said, with five minutes and thirty seconds to go in the Dallas game at home, I looked up at the clock and realized that we had the game won. Here we were, a team and a fanbase that had been through so much that season, and we had somehow come back and made it to the playoffs. That, combined with the fact that the beloved head coach that was there when I was a kid led the charge made that moment very special for me. I'm old enough to remember two of the three Super Bowls, and as amazing as those moments were for me, that game and that set of circumstances was my finest hour as a Redskin fan. So much adversity, so many injuries last season, and so much sorrow, yet our beloved Coach Gibbs found a way. As much criticism as he took last year (never by me I might add...I'm fiercly loyal to him), he proved that while he was flawed as all of us are, he was a great leader of men and a great coach. As I said, that was my finest hour as a Redskin fan, and I don't think I've ever been prouder of the burgundy and gold. It's not so much the act of going to the playoffs, it's the history with Coach Gibbs, the memories of watching the Redskins and Coach Gibbs with my late grandfather in the 80's, him coming back to the team when I was an adult, and the circumstances of going to the playoffs that made everything special.

There are some good memories, but overall, this season did not stand out to me in a good way like the 2005 season. There was something magical about that 2005 season. Monday Night Miracle, 35-7, Santana Moss in general, Clinton Portis' run where he was tugged by Mike Sellers, this list can go on. The 2007 season was just marked with too many injuries and a tragedy, and the paloff run was the only good consolation.

However, beating the Vikings (annoying fans) and Cowboys in that 4-0 run was pretty sweet. I lived the "5 in a row or we don't go" cheers back in 2005, and that 4-0 run was definitely something.

I must agree with some other posters on here, we had alot of things to be proud of and a few that I would rather forget but through it all I was happiest when i realized, after everything, injuries, ST, and the 2nd half losses, Mr. Joe Gibbs was the coach of the team and if anyone could do it, it would be him. I was thrilled when I heard the news that he was coming back, I just wish he would have stayed his final year, he brought us back to respectability... and I will always admire and respect the man for that.

on a side note I always LOVE!!!!!! beating Dallas

I remember the bad things more than the good.

Gibbs calling two timeouts.

Taylor, you know

Entire vikings game/Cowboys game- Thinking that we were going to blow a 20 point lead.

The cardinals game/The field goal..Thinking about how bad we are.

Patriots game..:duh

When we held Dallas to 1 rushing yard in the December FedEx game :) .

I also remember when JC linked up with Cooley for the TD during the 1st Eagles game, and when Collins just threw a beautiful TD pass in the middle to Yoder in, I want to say the Chicago game, but I'm not sure. Those two seem to stick out in my mind the most.

Archived